The Demise of the Suite Lounge

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are in the minority. We happen to love Jazz on Four and spend time in there almost every evening listening to music. I don’t understand why it would matter if I was in there at 10:00  having a drink  (when it’s a public venue)  or 6:00 having a drink as the P lounge. I find it to be a beautiful venue. I would spend more time there , if I actually used a P lounge. 

m

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

Agree about Jazz on 4.

They often bring in a musician and the lights are on.  Dark and dreary it is not.  Cozy and comfortable it is.  Seating is actually more comfortable than the SL seating IMO.  Can sit there for hours.

We love it too and used the Lounge every night the week we were on Harmony!  The service was excellent and we enjoyed talking with our friends and others.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Not going to lie... before the shutdown I said I'd never wear the pin except to certain CAS events.

Since the restart and seeing much more PE on display, I've started wearing it more.  

I get a weird satisfaction knowing it really bothers some people.  

These threads are a hoot and as a result I'm going to wear my pin more going forward.  Some LA's have been trying to encourage me to wear it more so everyone can see there are nice pins too.  

I'm not going to wear it to jump a line or gain an advantage, more so that people can see not every pinnacle is like the ones that become folklore.  I wait patiently in line like everyone else and I think the PE haters need to see that too, otherwise they have no clue that most pinnacle behave and follow the rules.  Quite a few don't wear the pin so there is no awareness that we are there, among you, everywhere.

For the record I haven't been in a suite lounge since the restart since I haven't sailed in a suite since the restart.  I do have some Sky and Star cruises booked.  So looking forward to wearing my pin in the lounge.  I wonder if I can get a slight bigger pin made, maybe with blinking lights.  LOL!

We have several suites coming up, but only two with a CK. 

Lost my pin a few cruises ago, I've felt naked without it. D+ pin just doesn't cut it, but it is fun to wear in the Pinnacle Lounge.😉

Hopefully replacement arrives before Odyssey at end of January. That's our 1400 milestone, and we're in an OS

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Based on this thread, it now sounds like all suite guests (full or Jr.) should be required to wear a name tag showing they are staying in a suite (including the suite number and full or Jr.) and pins along with the suite name tag will also be required to wear their pinnacle badge/name tag in order to dine in the CK. 😉

Just wear a lanyard😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Lost my pin a few cruises ago, I've felt naked without it. D+ pin just doesn't cut it, but it is fun to wear in the Pinnacle Lounge.😉

Hopefully replacement arrives before Odyssey at end of January. That's our 1400 milestone, and we're in an OS

Incognito. My man. 🤜

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

For $8 you can be "Mike in Operations" by the weekend 😀

1468303500_ScreenShot2021-12-16at2_29_37PM.thumb.jpg.99182389a1818000e8e4d20846c42d43.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Agree about Jazz on 4.

They often bring in a musician and the lights are on.  Dark and dreary it is not.  Cozy and comfortable it is.  Seating is actually more comfortable than the SL seating IMO.  Can sit there for hours.

Yes, much better seats than some lounges, and decent tables, but that's ship specific. Harmony has lights on them as I recall

5 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Oh man...nametags...could really have some fun, but discretion being the better part of valor, we'll let this thread live.

The thread will live on but depending on your post, your post might not. 🤣

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The thread will live on but depending on your post, your post might not. 🤣

Good point....have to admit, have my fair share that end up elsewhere.  I am striving for improvement  😎.   (Doubt that I'll ever achieve one of these tho - 😇

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oooohhh...you such a bad boy!  😄 😄 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, much better seats than some lounges, and decent tables, but that's ship specific. Harmony has lights on them as I recall

I liked it when you said the Pinnie Event was in Dazzles...but I guess that is just for very heavily populated TAs, etc.  I do love that pretty lounge!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not going to wear it to jump a line or gain an advantage, more so that people can see not every pinnacle is like the ones that become folklore.  I wait patiently in line like everyone else and I think the PE haters need to see that too, otherwise they have no clue that most pinnacle behave and follow the rules. 

I don't have a problem with people wearing their Pinnacle pin any more than I do any of the other pins people wear.  It's not my style, but you be you.  Most people follow the rules, the Pinnacles who don't are just easier to identify when they are wearing their pins.  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

The question now is how Wonder of the Seas will be set up?  Now that is a total redesign with the addition of deck 18 cabins.  Looking forward to exploring the new features and layout!  🙂 

Deck 17 is all Grand Suites; Other Suites are on Deck 18.  As per the deck plan on the website and in the App.  CK and the SL are still on Deck 17 and the Suite Sun Deck is on Deck 18 -- looks like it is over CK and the SL.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Most people follow the rules, the Pinnacles who don't are just easier to identify when they are wearing their pins.  

Exactly.  Plenty of "never cruised" through D+ that also break rules or try to beat the system and avoid a queue here or there.  Pinnacles wearing their pins are easy to identify when they do it but every group and tier level has cheaters.

CK is okay but it's not all that.  There are a couple of entrees I like but most nights the menu doesn't wow me.  That's just my tastes, someone else might love every night.  I'd be okay if they found another way to recognize Pinnacle members and they eliminated CK access for Pinnacle. 

I've always thought the way Sea class are treated is a scam and a shame.  The brochure clearly states dinner at CK but in reality on Oasis class that is unlikely to occur most of the time.  Either remove that as a Sea class perk or actually provide it as a Sea class perk.  If that means booting Pinnacle from CK so be it as long as something is offered as an alternative given it's also a scam and a shame to advertise it as a Pinnacle perk but not actually provide it as a Pinnacle perk on a consistent basis.

What they might offer Pinnacle in lieu of CK is irrelevant to suite guests and does not impact suite guests so that is a matter for the CAS to come to terms with knowing they'll never satisfy all Pinnacles no matter what they come up with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Exactly.  Plenty of "never cruised" through D+ that also break rules or try to beat the system and avoid a queue here or there.  Pinnacles wearing their pins are easy to identify when they do it but every group and tier level has cheaters.

CK is okay but it's not all that.  There are a couple of entrees I like but most nights the menu doesn't wow me.  That's just my tastes, someone else might love every night.  I'd be okay if they found another way to recognize Pinnacle members and they eliminated CK access for Pinnacle. 

I've always thought the way Sea class are treated is a scam and a shame.  The brochure clearly states dinner at CK but in reality on Oasis class that is unlikely to occur most of the time.  Either remove that as a Sea class perk or actually provide it as a Sea class perk.  If that means booting Pinnacle from CK so be it as long as something is offered as an alternative given it's also a scam and a shame to advertise it as a Pinnacle perk but not actually provide it as a Pinnacle perk on a consistent basis.

What they might offer Pinnacle in lieu of CK is irrelevant to suite guests and does not impact suite guests so that is a matter for the CAS to come to terms with knowing they'll never satisfy all Pinnacles no matter what they come up with.

I've mentioned this before, but CK was set up with two good menus. It was really never intended to be a 7 night destination. 

And now, unfortunately, the two decent nights, are over desired. But FWIW, we've scored filet night on two of our three cruises since restart. No real desire to go anymore than that. Sure, I'd like a few lunches, but I'm not willing to jump through hoops to get them, so we dine elsewhere. I've rediscovered Park Cafe, and El Loco Fresh is nice. Pin voucher can pay for a nice lunch for two at JR's, Portside BBQ, or Playmaker's. Maybe even Izumi if I can talk Laura into it

Now if Chops could only offer poached eggs with farro from the CK breakfast menu😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Deck 17 is all Grand Suites; Other Suites are on Deck 18.  As per the deck plan on the website and in the App.  CK and the SL are still on Deck 17 and the Suite Sun Deck is on Deck 18 -- looks like it is over CK and the SL.  

Thanks Sherri.  Yes I knew about the GS deck (of which all GS cabins are now located on 17, which makes me very happy! 🤗) and of course the OS and higher cabins are on (new deck above us).  The CLS cabins were drastically reduced in number, which did not make previous bookings of CLS pax very happy.  

What I am curious about is the layout in the SL...bar in the back...bar up front (like Oasis and Allure).  CK to port or starboard?  Will be fun to explore the ship!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1