The Demise of the Suite Lounge

Not going to lie... before the shutdown I said I'd never wear the pin except to certain CAS events.

Since the restart and seeing much more PE on display, I've started wearing it more.  

I get a weird satisfaction knowing it really bothers some people.  

These threads are a hoot and as a result I'm going to wear my pin more going forward.  Some LA's have been trying to encourage me to wear it more so everyone can see there are nice pins too.  

I'm not going to wear it to jump a line or gain an advantage, more so that people can see not every pinnacle is like the ones that become folklore.  I wait patiently in line like everyone else and I think the PE haters need to see that too, otherwise they have no clue that most pinnacle behave and follow the rules.  Quite a few don't wear the pin so there is no awareness that we are there, among you, everywhere.

For the record I haven't been in a suite lounge since the restart since I haven't sailed in a suite since the restart.  I do have some Sky and Star cruises booked.  So looking forward to wearing my pin in the lounge.  I wonder if I can get a slight bigger pin made, maybe with blinking lights.  LOL!

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

On our recent Symphony cruise. October 9,  2021.

My DH and I went to CK upon boarding to book our dinner reservations for the week.

Once there we were actually first in line, a few cruisers started to arrive behind us.

We booked for the week. The times we wanted.

And when all was said and done, we were actually seated at the same table with the same wait staff all week.

One night when we were having dinner I asked the Matre d (sp) (during his rounds) if all who requested got the time for dinner that they asked for.  

He goes everyone who wanted to eat here got a time offered to them, not all got the exact time they wanted, but it seemed to work out.

On our sailing there were 42 Pinns on board, according to the loyalty desk.

I would have no idea how many were in suites.

Stay safe.

I have no problem with anyone who has earned a status to be recognized for their loyalty.

They enjoyed their vacations and spent them cruising, they should be taken care of.

They should wear their Pin, it is a status they deserve.

It is only a pin on their shirt/dress , but the person behind that pin is who I must admit, speaks for status.

We have met many a friendly sharing Pinnacle person.  Only once in our years of cruising did we meet someone with attitude, but I felt she had her own issues and it was not us.

We are D+ and cannot believe we are actually at this level.

Enjoy what you earned, and hope you have many years of sailing the seas and enjoying what you like.

Take care.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

I am just off Allure and there were plenty Pinnacles back in the suite lounge. Long lines on embarkation day at Coastal Kitchen for lunch backed all the way into the elevator bank due to Pinnacles making reservations for the week. Suite lounge filled with pinnacles.....many tables in Coastal Kitchen at night filled with Pinnacles proudly wearing their badges taking resources away from suite guests and consuming the concierge constantly. Yes....the title of this thread is correct.....it's back to the demise of the suite lounge.

Exactly how do you know those Pinnacles you see are not in a full suite?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Really, do people do that?  That is weird. 

Not sure that a local would even know or care about a pin.  Likely too busy trying to make a living than look at a pin someone is wearing.   Looks more like an employee badge.

M

I am pretty sure it was meant as a joke.  😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Exactly!  On our recent Allure cruises there were 30-40 Pinnacles onboard and over half were booked in full suites. Thus the Pinnacle Lounge was almost empty and a waste of food and manpower.

That is what we noticed on Harmony as well.  Middle of happy hour down in "the bilge" on deck four, were only 3 couples in there.  Dark and dreary.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bajathree said:

On embarkation day everyone in front of us on line were Pinnacle....and I heard their cabin numbers as they booked. The Conceirge even apologized and felt bad we as suite guests had to wait. On top half of them were booking with other cabins to join them for dinner.

And how many of those in line for reservations at CK were actually in Junior Suites?  They can't book until they get on board, any more than a Pinnacle in a non-suite can.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Nice that you know all the cabin numbers on all the decks and can distinguish non suite cabins.  On Harmony for example, full suites are on decks 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10, 11, 12, 14  (in a variety of locations) and of course 17.   I can never keep at that Info straight. Good job! 

Lucky that passengers were booking with others to join them, or the line would be even longer. 

M

Good one...I was thinking the same thing.  😉 

Based on this thread, it now sounds like all suite guests (full or Jr.) should be required to wear a name tag showing they are staying in a suite (including the suite number and full or Jr.) and pins along with the suite name tag will also be required to wear their pinnacle badge/name tag in order to dine in the CK. 😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Exactly how do you know those Pinnacles you see are not in a full suite?  

We also like talking to pinnacles, I know some book full suites , but glad they have there own lounge , allures suite lounge was fairly busy most nights , didn’t help that we were not allowed to sit at the bar which we do enjoy.

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Based on this thread, it now sounds like all suite guests (full or Jr.) should be required to wear a name tag showing they are staying in a suite (including the suite number and full or Jr.) and pins along with the suite name tag will also be required to wear their pinnacle badge/name tag in order to dine in the CK. 😉

Too funny!!  🤣😆😂

Cheers my friend!!  🍷

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We also like talking to pinnacles, I know some book full suites , but glad they have there own lounge , allures suite lounge was fairly busy most nights , didn’t help that we were not allowed to sit at the bar which we do enjoy.

I miss the set up on Oasis in the SL (and I think like that as well on Allure still?).  Loved the bar facing out by the center windows, which had 8-10 bar stools there.  On Harmony...eh...six bar stools and facing the back wall.  Though the SL bartenders were a total hoot, which made it fun. 

We always go early, and in fact used our vouchers for drinks being before 5 pm full happy hour.  Our dinner reservations were the earliest we have ever had...and was not sure we would like it...but the 5:00 ressies ended up working very well for us, and not really crowded until 6 pm.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twangster said:

These threads are a hoot and as a result I'm going to wear my pin more going forward.  Some LA's have been trying to encourage me to wear it more so everyone can see there are nice pins too.  

You go!  👏

Some of the nicest folks I've met are Pins.  Seriously.  I've met them in the Suite Lounge previously (when we got a great price for a suite), and just recently, met @John&LaLa on Oasis.  Nicest people, had a great time at lunch with them.  Wish we lived closer, so Laura and I could cook up a great meal together for our guys.  😀

I don't get the attitude toward Pins.  You guys earned your benefits.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I miss the set up on Oasis in the SL (and I think like that as well on Allure still?).  Loved the bar facing out by the center windows, which had 8-10 bar stools there.  On Harmony...eh...six bar stools and facing the back wall. 

I totally agree with you.  I much prefer the bar with a view out over the pool deck than the ones that face the wall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

I miss the set up on Oasis in the SL (and I think like that as well on Allure still?).  Loved the bar facing out by the center windows, which had 8-10 bar stools there.  On Harmony...eh...six bar stools and facing the back wall.  Though the SL bartenders were a total hoot, which made it fun. 

We were on Oasis last week.  I love that setup.  Since this was our first Oasis class, I wish the rest were this way too!  🙂

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

You go!  👏

Some of the nicest folks I've met are Pins.  Seriously.  I've met them in the Suite Lounge previously (when we got a great price for a suite), and just recently, met @John&LaLa on Oasis.  Nicest people, had a great time at lunch with them.  Wish we lived closer, so Laura and I could cook up a great meal together for our guys.  😀

I don't get the attitude toward Pins.  You guys earned your benefits.  

Thanks!  Indeed I know a lot of super nice Pinnies.  Some that wear their pins...many that don't.  Totally agree about John and Laura "LaLa" (and in fact she wanted that nickname on her pin 😉).  

The ones that are pissy Pins....and I feel they are in the minority IMHO...were pissy when they were Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Diamond...etc.   It's in their DNA.  😄 

BTW:  Laura and John are selling their condo in Coco Beach, having moved to Ocala area.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

We were on Oasis last week.  I love that setup.  Since this was our first Oasis class, I wish the rest were this way too!  🙂

The question now is how Wonder of the Seas will be set up?  Now that is a total redesign with the addition of deck 18 cabins.  Looking forward to exploring the new features and layout!  🙂 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

The question now is how Wonder of the Seas will be set up?  Now that is a total redesign with the addition of deck 18 cabins.  Looking forward to exploring the new features and layout!  🙂 

Me too, if we make the 'suite shuffle cut' for 12/4/22. 😂

2 hours ago, twangster said:

These threads are a hoot and as a result I'm going to wear my pin more going forward.  Some   

Quite a few don't wear the pin so there is no awareness that we are there, among you, everywhere.

That's cool...to each his/her own.  I've met several of you, and other than being in a specific location at the same time, you'd have no idea regarding our c&a status....and no other passenger will have a clue either.  Just different personalities I guess, and that's cool....had 'mandatory center-stage' responsibilities up until I retired, and didn't care for them then - definitely avoiding them now.

Edited by bucfan2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That is what we noticed on Harmony as well.  Middle of happy hour down in "the bilge" on deck four, were only 3 couples in there.  Dark and dreary.  

We are in the minority. We happen to love Jazz on Four and spend time in there almost every evening listening to music. I don’t understand why it would matter if I was in there at 10:00  having a drink  (when it’s a public venue)  or 6:00 having a drink as the P lounge. I find it to be a beautiful venue. I would spend more time there , if I actually used a P lounge. 

m

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are in the minority. We happen to love Jazz on Four and spend time in there almost every evening listening to music. I don’t understand why it would matter if I was in there at 10:00  having a drink  (when it’s a public venue)  or 6:00 having a drink as the P lounge. I find it to be a beautiful venue. I would spend more time there , if I actually used a P lounge. 

m

Agree about Jazz on 4.

They often bring in a musician and the lights are on.  Dark and dreary it is not.  Cozy and comfortable it is.  Seating is actually more comfortable than the SL seating IMO.  Can sit there for hours.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

Will try popping my head in there again for upcoming B2B on Harmony first two weeks of next month.  Maybe just seemed dreary when we were there.  Though I do like windows/open space in a lounge.   

So many cool venues around the ship to enjoy a cocktail....one of my favorites....Central Park in the evening.  Favorite bartender from SL was relocated there last week.  

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

Agree about Jazz on 4.

They often bring in a musician and the lights are on.  Dark and dreary it is not.  Cozy and comfortable it is.  Seating is actually more comfortable than the SL seating IMO.  Can sit there for hours.

Totally agree on the extremely uncomfortable seating in the SL.  Kind of "early American garage sale"...can't relax on those.  Try to lean back on the seats in there...and I am facing the ceiling!  😵

When we checked out Jazz on Four during Pinnie event...there were maybe six people in there...no music, and lights were turned down.  Maybe just an oddity the time we showed up.  

Our usual has been head to the bar in the SL,  grab an early drink around 4-4:30, then dinner at 5:00.  Has worked out well for us.  Gives us time to catch an early show.  🙂