How is the shower gel and shampoo that Carnival provides?

BoozinCroozin

Just curious how people like the shower gel and shampoo from the dispensers in the shower? I am not picky as long as it doesn't dry out my skin. However, DW and DD will have their personal preference. I am just trying to limit the weight of the luggage going on the plane.

They are ok,not the best. Also remember unlike other cruiselines Carnival doesn't supply body lotion,so if you use that remember to bring your own. As someone that enjoys sunning on a cruise it's important to moisturize your skin after a day of sun exposure.

43 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Was on Horizon last week. The gel had a scent to it that I couldn't quite place at first. Then I got it. Its bubble gum!

Both shampoo and shower gel were fine. They got the job done. But that scent was kinda weird!

I agree! It smells like candy, but not in a good way. If I'm not in a Spa/Havana, I bring my own. 

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I also bring a bar of soap since the body wash doesn't seem to make a single bubble.

The shower gel and shampoo are likely designed to be low-sudsing so people use less water.

I use both but as others say the shampoo tends to dry my hair out so I bring leftover travel size bottles of hotel conditioner.  

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Just curious how people like the shower gel and shampoo from the dispensers in the shower? I am not picky as long as it doesn't dry out my skin. However, DW and DD will have their personal preference. I am just trying to limit the weight of the luggage going on the plane.

I like the smell but the body wash is soooo watered down you can't keep enough on your hands to wash yourself to get a good lather. 

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The shower gel and shampoo are likely designed to be low-sudsing so people use less water.

I use both but as others say the shampoo tends to dry my hair out so I bring leftover travel size bottles of hotel conditioner.  

I think they water it down to get more quantity. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. We will bring our own travel sizes. I knew the ladies would anyway, but I was trying to find something that could cut down on weight a little. I still think I am overpacking in my mind. As we get closer, we will separate must-haves and see what other nice-to-haves can go.

13 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

As we get closer, we will separate must-haves and see what other nice-to-haves can go.

Despite the constant recommendations I've never had to use Duct Tape or a hanging Shoe bag organizer on any of my cruises. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Despite the constant recommendations I've never had to use Duct Tape or a hanging Shoe bag organizer on any of my cruises. 

I won't do any of that either. However, my snorkel fins, mask/snorkel, and suitcase alone weigh 15lbs. I have not done a real test run on what to pack, but it leaves me ~25lbs for everything else. Plan on the 10lbs extra for souvenirs.

6 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

To save you from reading any further, some will say fine, some will say just o.k, and others will tell you to bring your own they never use it.

Yep, exactly correct.  And some of us will point out that it's not worth our time or energy to worry about little things like this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

To save you from reading any further, some will say fine, some will say just o.k, and others will tell you to bring your own they never use it.

LOL if you're reading this you didn't listen to mrpayroll and you DID read further.  You rebel !  That said, I agree exactly with what mrpayroll said.  I use it but my daughter swears both are "dollar-store disgusting".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Here's the products they use, or did use, before the pandemic for use in regular non-spa cabins. The body wash does the job but don't expect it to lather much. Notice the misspelling of exclusively 🙂 

Carnival Soap.jpg

Interesting, the top 5 ingredients are the same in both.

• Haha 1