Final payment Question

lv2cruisgrl

Not necessarily, when one calls X there is an option for those of us who have booked with a TA to "touch' whatever # it is, then to make a payment then hit the next one and then you can enter your CC # after entering reservation #... and viola make a payment.

Nothing lost by trying it... it has always worked for me. Of course it mucks up the TA who does not know unless you tell them how much has been paid without them and you can verify it because your CC has been hit...

If you go through an agent when calling, they will direct you back to your TA, in most instances even though once or twice I was able to make a payment with them.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Thanks I am trying to make final payment but TA is tied up with family illness. Hope by Sunday I can get it paid!

What is the reason to wait, try making a $100 payment via phone today to test it out... then you know for sure if it works or if you know another action needs to be made since your TA is indisposed.

Also, you can let X know about the situation and that will qualify you for letting X accept the payment on their behalf.

bon voyage

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Thanks I am trying to make final payment but TA is tied up with family illness. Hope by Sunday I can get it paid!

If your TA doesn’t have an emergency contact, perhaps you should consider another TA.  There may be times while you’re on vacation you need some help urgently and you should have access to someone.

10 hours ago, shavdog said:

Is the final payment the same as before 90 days out?

I am wondering that also. My invoice from last year shows September 5th for my December Apex reservation. Has Celebrity adjusted final payment dates to closer to sail dates?

I went on Celebrity's site and pulled up our cruise and the final payment is due 90 days out....We are still on the fence with this cruise....I have been keeping daily case counts and death counts from John Hopkins since march of 2020....I have no idea how accurate their numbers are but for the last 7 days the avg case count is 147,000 per day and avg death rate is 1,450 per day....this is going in the wrong direction .....not a very comforting feeling for us....

12 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Not necessarily, when one calls X there is an option for those of us who have booked with a TA to "touch' whatever # it is, then to make a payment then hit the next one and then you can enter your CC # after entering reservation #... and viola make a payment.

😄

image.jpeg.56f8cc82966295aeb5a58c55ede59d89.jpeg

• Haha 1

Our Final payment was due in June when we booked our Aug 27 Equinox cruise, we were using a 125% FCC to pay for it from a September Infinity cruise that was canceled. My TA got Celebrity to hold off on final payment until the FCC was processed on July 31st. I had called Celebrity about this and was told I would have to go through my TA to make arrangements for the FCC payment.

10 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Why do you need a TA if she does not give you the service and / or help when it is needed and you have to solve the problems on your own. I scratch my fleas without the need for help.

Having a TA is like having a flea collar: it greatly reduces the likelihood of getting fleas in the first place. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RichYak said:

It could have been much more--and the excess over $800 would have been refundable.

I'll never use the entire $800, though I am very happy with it, and the crew will be even happier when I use it as tips

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I'll never use the entire $800, though I am very happy with it, and the crew will be even happier when I use it as tips

"Refundable" means you get it back whether you use it or not. TA's offer refundable OBC.

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

"Refundable" means you get it back whether you use it or not. TA's offer refundable OBC.

Thanks I am familiar with the word refundable, I heard it once or twice 😁