Boarding tomorrow and PCR test not back yet...

suizas

Eeek!  nerves are kicking in... I am boarding Symphony tomorrow.  Had the PCR test done on Thursday and still waiting for results.  In the meantime should I go get a rapid test? would Royal even take that as a back up if for some reason the PCR is not in by noon tomorrow when I am supposed to board?  

and yes, I am vaccinated..

Thanks! Susan

6 minutes ago, suizas said:

Eeek!  nerves are kicking in... I am boarding Symphony tomorrow.  Had the PCR test done on Thursday and still waiting for results.  In the meantime should I go get a rapid test? would Royal even take that as a back up if for some reason the PCR is not in by noon tomorrow when I am supposed to board?  

Thanks! Susan

Exactly the reason why I bought the BinaxNOW Ag Card Home Test. Yes they will accept rapid test.

And yes definitely go get the rapid test today. Don’t wait for the PCR results at this point. Too many reports of people not allowed to embark because their test results weren’t back yet. Good luck!🍀 

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 2

DW and i have a pcr test scheduled for thursday before our september 12 oasis sail. and then and antigen test on friday. Plan A plan B covered. we are driving so if we do not hear back from either we are stopping on the way to the ship at 9am and cross our fingers

• Like 3

Do the people whose test results aren't back in time get future cruise credit at least? It's really not their fault.

It would be nice if people who can show they had the test done but don't have their results yet could access the testing at the pier that the unvaccinated have.

2 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Do the people whose test results aren't back in time get future cruise credit at least? It's really not their fault.

It would be nice if people who can show they had the test done but don't have their results yet could access the testing at the pier that the unvaccinated have.

The last report on here that was denied boarding said they were told no refund either but I suspect if they put up enough of a fuss they’ll end up with FCC.

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The last report on here that was denied boarding said they were told no refund either but I suspect if they put up enough of a fuss they’ll end up with FCC.

Denied boarding for most reasons should have a refund option as well.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, suizas said:

Thanks! Susan

Get the rapid antigen test and enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

From what I have read no they don't

Rapid tests are the only way to set your mind at ease. Every time we travel, I find a local free rapid/PCR test in the area, when we return home. Getting on a ship next Sunday and have several local spots to get tested. If all else fails, many airports also offer rapid tests for a fee. Good luck! 

1 minute ago, AustinCruise said:

Btw - you said test on Thursday and boarding tomorrow (Monday?). That’s 4 days if those days are correct. Must be within 3 days. 

I think today is Saturday in most of the world and tomorrow is Sunday.

• Haha 2

Just now, AustinCruise said:

Just cruising tomorrow, in a pandemic and near a hurricane. 🙃

If you are leaving from Galveston, you should be just fine.  the hurricane is tracking further east and they will likely hug the coast of Texas to stay out of it.  

4 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

DW and i have a pcr test scheduled for thursday before our september 12 oasis sail. and then and antigen test on friday. Plan A plan B covered. we are driving so if we do not hear back from either we are stopping on the way to the ship at 9am and cross our fingers

Agree. Don't Cruise for another 3 months but have already scheduled a backup Antigen just in case