Boarding tomorrow and PCR test not back yet...

suizas

4 hours ago, joanne59 said:

Rapid tests are the only way to set your mind at ease. Every time we travel, I find a local free rapid/PCR test in the area, when we return home. Getting on a ship next Sunday and have several local spots to get tested. If all else fails, many airports also offer rapid tests for a fee. Good luck! 

Finding a rapid test via CVS isn't that easy where I am..and we have plenty CVS's doing testing within a 10 mile radius. I just booked my PCR test this past Thur exactly 2 weeks out and none of the CVS's had a rapid test available...plenty PCR but not one with rapid. 

• Like 2

I got an e-mail for my sail on Sunday on Oasis and advises, assuming non-vaxxed, that you can pre-register for a PCR test at the pier with an RCL partner. 

Dear Guest,

This is a reminder to schedule your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, which will be conducted in the terminal by our medical services partner, BioReference Labs, for guests between the ages of 2 to 11.

All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a boarding day PCR test during check-in (plus, a debarkation antigen test, which we’ll share more details onboard.)

It's important to register for your boarding day PCR test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your check-in process. If you're vaccinated, please do not complete this registration for yourself. However, you may have received this email because you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated.

Lastly, please note, the above boarding day PCR test is in addition to the pre-cruise antigen or PCR test for COVID-19 that all guests 2 years and older — regardless of vaccination status — are required to bring a negative test result for, which must be taken 3 days before sailing and before arriving to the terminal.  

Boarding Day PCR Test Registration Details

Booking ID

Guest Name

Reference ID
1xEvHwrunINyOW
Register for your Test

Register for your test
  • Each guest must use their unique Reference ID listed above when registering with BioReference Labs. If someone in your travelling party has not received an email including a unique Reference ID, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Parents, you’ll need to register for your children using your child’s unique Reference ID.
  • Issues registering for your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19? Contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649.
  • Click here to register with BioReference Labs to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19.
Boarding day
  • Testing is being held at the cruise terminal, where you’ll check-in.
  • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 will be required to take this test in order to board. Guests under 2 years of age and vaccinated guests will not be tested at the terminal.
  • It’s important that you show up exactly at your selected check-in time. Otherwise, you may be asked to return at a later time.
  • If you're feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649. We will gladly work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.
After your test
  • Our testing partner, BioReference Labs, will provide your results via email.
    • Please note, your results will also be shared with Royal Caribbean International.
  • If your result is negative and you’re approved to sail, we’ll look forward to welcoming you onboard!
  • If your result is positive or inconclusive, a pier agent will share next steps with you. Rest assured, we will take care of you.

And remember, please stay safe – it's important to continue wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance from others, washing your hands often, etc.

We’re looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I got an e-mail for my sail on Sunday on Oasis and advises, assuming non-vaxxed, that you can pre-register for a PCR test at the pier with an RCL partner. 

However Royal has been denying boarding rather than letting vaccinated passengers get tested at the pier (even at their own expense) when they've made a good faith effort to comply with Royal's policies (having a PCR test done but not receiving the results by departure time).

6 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Do the people whose test results aren't back in time get future cruise credit at least? It's really not their fault...

It is their fault for not having a back up plan ahead of time. If I was them I would schedule a rapid test on 2 different days at different locations in case one of the cancels on them. You, I and others have taken care of that by ordering the BinaxNow covid-19 ag card test. 

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It is their fault for not having a back up plan ahead of time. If I was them I would schedule a rapid test on 2 different days at different locations in case one of the cancels on them. You, I and others have taken care of that by ordering the BinaxNow covid-19 ag card test. 

Yup   I had my rapid test at my healthcare provider's office with a backup appt at Walgreens for later that morning which I cancelled.  Don't think I would EVER go for the PCR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yup   I had my rapid test at my healthcare provider's office with a backup appt at Walgreens for later that morning which I cancelled.  Don't think I would EVER go for the PCR

I have PCR's booked for my upcoming Odyssey sailing in a couple weeks as thats all the CVC's anywhere by me were currently offering when I booked last Thur....but I also have the BinaxNow COVID-19 AG CARD as my back-up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I have PCR's booked for my upcoming Odyssey sailing in a couple weeks as thats all the CVC's anywhere by me were currently offering when I booked last Thur....but I also have the BinaxNow COVID-19 AG CARD as my back-up.

That's all the CVS has where I live as well.  Walgreens has the Rapid ID Now one

• Like 1

Where we live, small town Wisconsin,  there are no rapid tests to be had anywhere!  Our CVS and Walgreens only offer the PCR and none of our health care provider offices offer it as well.  I even checked with our county health department to see if they had any places that would do it.

Fortunately for us, we took the PCR at Walgreens on Wed.  We flew to FL on Thursday to meet up with some family members so we did a Rapid test there as well at one of the CVS locations close by to their house.  We got the results of the PCR within 48 hours and the rapid test in about 15 min so we were covered either way.  This was for our cruise out of Nassau on Aug 14th.

Since getting home, I found out that one of our local universities now offer the Antigen test to the public. it is still about a 45 min drive for us, but at least we have an option.   Otherwise, the closest Antigen test to us is about 200 miles away.  Our next cruise is out of FL as well and we will be there 2 days early with family in November so we will get the Rapid test at CVS.  It is tough when you live in a small area without much option.  

7 hours ago, joanne59 said:

Rapid tests are the only way to set your mind at ease. Every time we travel, I find a local free rapid/PCR test in the area, when we return home. Getting on a ship next Sunday and have several local spots to get tested. If all else fails, many airports also offer rapid tests for a fee. Good luck! 

PCR tests  are not rapid tests. Antigen tests are rapid. 

Edited by jerseygirl3

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. Don't Cruise for another 3 months but have already scheduled a backup Antigen just in case

Totally agree.  I have a Sept 10 sailing and scheduled both tests and know of a third place I could also get one last minute.  I know this is a PITA but that goes with the territory, if you want to sail these days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

PCR tests  are not rapid tests. Antigen tests are rapid. 

There are also rapid PCR tests.  For example the cruise lines are using them onboard to confirm positive antigen tests or for passengers returning to a country that requires a negative PCR (not just antigen) test, like Canada.

1 hour ago, chawkjewel said:

She's a friend.  I asked her via another site.  I'm sure she will come on this evening and update everyone.

Thank you for letting us know. So many times we never hear if something got resolved!

• Like 1

I would not recommend a PCR test for these purposes- the time to get back is longer and they are really for symptomatic people.  And right now more people are getting tested so it uses those supplies and there’s a backlog.  A rapid antigen or NAAT test are ideal and results back quick.  None of us need this additional stress of waiting for results before the cruise. 

• Like 1

I am on a NCL cruise to Bermuda two weeks before my Oasis cruise.  They require 3 different covid tests.  A PCR test 4 days before sailing, a rapid antigen test at the pier and then another PCR test given by Bermuda the first day  before we can get off the ship.   With all that we are given the privilidge of paying $75 pp to Bermuda to enter their country.  So I guess we are lucky that Royal only wants the antigen test.

Edited by EllieinNJ
wrong word
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

The rapid antigen test is accepted by RCL.  Why then choose to take the PCR test and risk having late results.  This happened to us last February.  We thought Hawaii would only accept the PCR result.   Took test but storms in TN prevented the test being delivered to the lab in a timely manner.  Then found out rapid antigen test was acceptable.  Called and rearranged travel plans by a couple of days (back then everyone was very willing to accommodate).  Went to HI.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I fully agree. Unfortunately, these days we have to have to have a plan B, C and D. It's a PITA but comes with the new cruising environment.

59 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

The rapid antigen test is accepted by RCL.  Why then choose to take the PCR test and risk having late results.

Because some people live in rural/remote areas where antigen tests are not offered, or in areas where antigen test appointments are booked up, there is a shortage of tests, and/or antigen test appointments are getting canceled because they're running out of tests.

• Like 1