Port Canaveral Excursions

pthjudy

We haven't had Port Canaveral excursions for sale on our February 2022 since we transferred our 2020 booking last November. We do this trip every year and typically you can at least browse the available excursions a year out. 

I'm sure it has to do Covid and Royal Caribbean not wanting to have their passengers heading to theme parks crawling with tens of thousands of visitors. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

2 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

We haven't had Port Canaveral excursions for sale on our February 2022 since we transferred our 2020 booking last November. We do this trip every year and typically you can at least browse the available excursions a year out. 

I'm sure it has to do Covid and Royal Caribbean not wanting to have their passengers heading to theme parks crawling with tens of thousands of visitors. 

Jonathan

It could be that it it doesn’t even list the port as Day 3. I actually searched to see if the itinerary had dropped Port Canaveral. Anyway, thanks for the responses.

0BCE5C87-1D34-4E31-9152-E6F031D1ECF5.jpeg

15 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Jonathan

Oasis sailings start 9.05 out of bayonne and will be stopping in port Canaveral every week.  My 9.26 sailing has all the usual PC excursions.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oasis sailings start 9.05 out of bayonne and will be stopping in port Canaveral every week.  My 9.26 sailing has all the usual PC excursions.

I wondered if Oasis would be stopping in Port Canaveral or not. Will be curious to see what happens with those cruise from Bayonne. PC is listed on the itinerary for our cruise but, if you look on the Daily Planner it only shows excursions for Coco Cay and Nassau, Bahamas. 

We shall see. 

Jonathan

10 hours ago, cruiserking said:

I wondered if Oasis would be stopping in Port Canaveral or not. Will be curious to see what happens with those cruise from Bayonne. PC is listed on the itinerary for our cruise but, if you look on the Daily Planner it only shows excursions for Coco Cay and Nassau, Bahamas. 

We shall see. 

Jonathan

Yup, all the PC excursions for my 9.26 Oasis sailing have now disappeared too.   

I'm fine if we dont stop there and like others have said on other threads, roll calls, people have concerns with passengers going to Disney, etc.

I'd be happy with an extra day at coco cay!!

Shall find out soon what royal has planned.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, all the PC excursions for my 9.26 Oasis sailing have now disappeared too.   

I'm fine if we dont stop there and like others have said on other threads, roll calls, people have concerns with passengers going to Disney, etc.

I'd be happy with an extra day at coco cay!!

Shall find out soon what royal has planned.

Interesting. If that's the case I think they will just go with 2 sea days out instead. I wondered about an extra day at Coco Cay but, they would have to really pick up the pace to get there early. 

Coco Cay is 240 nautical miles from Port Canaveral much too far for Oasis make in a day and change. Plus most cruise lines don't want to spend the extra money to burn more fuel. Two sea days out is fine, especially that second one after you hit the Gulf. 

Jonathan

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not many options for this cruise also. I booked originally the Kennedy Space Center  tour.  But now with a 2pm arrival and the center closing at 5 pm ( confirmed by phone call )  it made no sense to pay $100 plus per person.So I cancelled 

48 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Is the transfer to the Walt Disney World one of them?

Jonathan

I don't see a WDW transfer available;  on our sailing we have only six hours in Port Canaveral - that would make for a very short visit to WDW given the drive times

39 minutes ago, daninwi said:

I don't see a WDW transfer available;  on our sailing we have only six hours in Port Canaveral - that would make for a very short visit to WDW given the drive times

I think it is 1 hr drive each way.    4 hrs in the park, actually less by the time they unload the bus and you get thru the entrance to Disney,     Not worth it IMO.    

We have Anthem booked for both Dec 2021 and March 2022.  There are a a few Port Canaveral excursions listed for our Dec cruise but nothing for March.  No WDW or Universal transfers (which we did have for our March 2020 cruise)  Pre-covid we would have done the KSC, but will probably be staying on the ship now anyways to play it safe . 

• Like 1