Really? You’re going to try and sneak your crying kid in?

tallnthensome

On the Panorama right now in the thermal spa area. This group of 6 comes into the adults relaxation area with their 3 year old kid screaming and crying while we are relaxing on the stone loungers. My wife and I look at each other and are like “are you kidding me right now?”. My wife and I give them the evil eye and they apologize and a guy takes the screaming kid out . Ten minutes later the comes right back in with the screaming kid and starts undressing the kid down to his bathing suit and starts handing this crying kid to his mother in the whirlpool. We are just floored . Again, are you kidding me ? I immediately got up and went out to the spa desk and told them. They were in shock and apologized profusely and ran in and got them out of there. I mean this an adults only vaccinated area and yet here you trying to throw your crying brat into the whirlpool. There is never a shortage of ignorance around …. Could tell they were not happy with me and my actions but ask me if I care as if we were in the wrong . Unreal ….

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

I've seen what I consider wierd behavior on rcl ncl and carnival. 

A family of 5 sat at a table next to me in the buffet on carnival and the little boy systematically was pulling off the petals of flowers and destroying a plasric flower centerpiece on the table. I guess mom thought as long as it kept little johnny occupied.  Showing my age thinking kids arent being raised right. Parents act clueless these days. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Ok, I have to admit that when I read the subject line I thought, "really, someone tried to sneak a crying kid onboard". Well handled OP.

Ha! Maybe that’s how they got him on board as well! Who knows!! Haha! The screaming of bloody murder would have gave him away though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Families determined to cruise while the kids clubs are closed are making a big mistake. 

I think you hit the nail on the head! They should try one of the lines that still have kids clubs open?  I can not imagine it is fun for the kids during this time.  I would wait.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

If there was someone at the desk how is it they were allowed in with the kid in the first place?

That’s what we were just saying . There was like 8 people at the desk and even a couple workers in the spa area that said nothing . Maybe afraid to confront ….

• Like 2

Typical Carnival.   Protocols are implemented and rules are put in place and then more often than not the employees do not enforce the protocols and rules because they do not want to cause waves and offend the perpetrators. 

These general rules as well as Covid inspired protocols need to be enforced.  It is a black and white issue with no gray allowed.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

On the Panorama right now in the thermal spa area. This group of 6 comes into the adults relaxation area with their 3 year old kid screaming and crying while we are relaxing on the stone loungers. My wife and I look at each other and are like “are you kidding me right now?”. My wife and I give them the evil eye and they apologize and a guy takes the screaming kid out . Ten minutes later the comes right back in with the screaming kid and starts undressing the kid down to his bathing suit and starts handing this crying kid to his mother in the whirlpool. We are just floored . Again, are you kidding me ? I immediately got up and went out to the spa desk and told them. They were in shock and apologized profusely and ran in and got them out of there. I mean this an adults only vaccinated area and yet here you trying to throw your crying brat into the whirlpool. There is never a shortage of ignorance around …. Could tell they were not happy with me and my actions but ask me if I care as if we were in the wrong . Unreal ….

Can you say "ENTITLED"?🙄

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Thenagers said:

I think you hit the nail on the head! They should try one of the lines that still have kids clubs open?  I can not imagine it is fun for the kids during this time.  I would wait.  

Agree- however we booked a cruise a year ago when we though covid would be over by now and when we thought kids' actiities would be open.  Carnival would not let us cancel without severe penalty even though we wanted to.  So I'm guessing a lot of people with kids found themselves in the same boat.... basically take the kids or be out the money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GatorGirl1313 said:

Agree- however we booked a cruise a year ago when we though covid would be over by now and when we thought kids' actiities would be open.  Carnival would not let us cancel without severe penalty even though we wanted to.  So I'm guessing a lot of people with kids found themselves in the same boat.... basically take the kids or be out the money. 

I'll have my 11 year old in November for a cruise I booked before COVID was a thing. But if I had my 5 year old I'd reschedule. I'm not sure how that would have worked with the OBC we have, so it could have been a big hit.

I always sail with my kids but this time we left the 11 and 13 year old home. That being said .....why would they belive that bringing a screaming kid into the relaxation area of the spa was a good idea, allowed, or ok? All the kids stuff on deck is open. They did it on purpose and were trying to get away with it. Many other places one of the adults could have taken this child. 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I always sail with my kids but this time we left the 11 and 13 year old home. That being said .....why would they belive that bringing a screaming kid into the relaxation area of the spa was a good idea, allowed, or ok? All the kids stuff on deck is open. They did it on purpose and were trying to get away with it. Many other places one of the adults could have taken this child. 

Duh....enough said....just like dirty diapers in a main pool....same clientele.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GatorGirl1313 said:

Right now anybody who has a cruise booked in September or October can push their cruise back to any date in 2022 or 2023 with no penalty whatsoever.   It's  only those with November and December cruises that will be penalized if they cancel, simply because the protocols have not been announced yet.

If you had just waited until the protocols were announced you could have pushed your cruise back with no penalty.  You obviously needed an immediate answer and since you were not willing to wait, you got stuck.  It's a lesson learned. 

• Like 2