Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, funatseascott said:

Pics from St Kitts and recommendation for lunch.  We usually eat on 2nd floor to the right as you enter the shopping area, but it was closed.  We started shopping/wandering down the 1st side street to the right.  I posted a pic of the side street to give reference.  At the end and just around the corner turned out to be a great place for lunch.  Sweet Cane Restaurant and Bar.  3 other couples were in the restaurant during the time we were there and all of them commented on how good the food was.  I like looking for Caribbean Jerk chicken when on the islands, as usually spicier and tastier, and this place didn’t disappoint.  I also had a “spiced just right” cheeseburger (how they described it in the menu), but I added their jerk sauce to spice it up.  Sophia had the grouper and was very happy with it as the plate was cleaned when she finished, which isn’t the case for most lunches.

We talked with the owners and they were so happy to get cruise ship business, as we were the 1st ship for 18 months.  For our cruise and probably future cruises for a period of time, they put up a fence around the shopping area with guards to ensure people don’t leave on their own.  This restaurant, even though in the pier, has done well serving the locals.  With many restaurants closed in the pier area, one can tell which places the locals visit. To us, that is a sign of good food.

The shopping area was very quiet, compared to past visits.  We remember parades down the center street and multiple people with monkeys taking pictures of the tourists who didn’t know it was going to cost them to get the monkey off of them.  We bought stuff to give some vendors business as we feel sorry for the struggles these islands have gone thru with no tourists.

CF85E488-9B16-4B43-AB58-B65B3666F0F1.jpeg

1D246EED-C4D6-4DCA-93F4-F927789F86FD.jpeg

09A62A17-E266-445F-8E66-10CD463970BA.jpeg

AF5E8AC7-81DF-49DE-8864-3A19C2C33E51.jpeg

220C9480-FB84-4145-A468-E5EB7FA9EA64.jpeg

Yum yum yum.. we also go to the 2nd floor on the right..  mostly for views, but this place looks good too.  Putting it on the list..we will look for it.  Glad ships are being slowly welcomed back!

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm brain dead.  Just noticed you are on the March 28th  Cruise.... dughh.... Light Bulb goes on.   We will be boarding the day you get off the ship.  

It's amazing how being on a long cruise you loose track of time.    It's wonderful.

I was just going to comment that it looks like we will just miss you. 

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that I could talk my wife into a B2B and sailing on the TA with you.  She's already making noises about having "too many" next year with the Silhouette, a B2B on Quantum of the Seas (Alaska) in Aug/Sep and Solstice (Japan) in November.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

This is what extra tip form looks like.  I just filled in my info at top and wrote the work location, persons position, name and amount on back.   Just dropped it off at guest relations and they simply said perfect and thanks

046D926D-0131-41D7-B21F-39313FF61B35.jpeg

We never  recd this form.. great idea!

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I will update one we are in the Penthouse but on previous cruises, each level adds little additional perks.   Afternoon snacks are one.   In the  Penthouses  you usually get larger snacks e.g. instead of 6-8 shrimp  on a platter  you get more like a tray.  We are not big eaters so I usually ask them to not deliver them daily. 

The Bath Amenities  in the RS and PS are a different product than SS and I believe CS.  I will have to post a close up of the label -  they have some comments that are hysterical.

6AEF602E-84F8-4973-96F7-8D04E3518E3F.thumb.png.a4c88db8cf1f5b7bc1a5e8b4c09da342.png

last line of first paragraph

E116C54D-E88E-4185-8F52-2430579D73D5.thumb.png.78bab2cfdcc2cc05b6c8a833f28069f2.png

ingredients and Made in Canada 🇨🇦 

We were able to get these bath products on Equinox in August as the upgraded Zenith bath products in an inside cabin.

2 hours ago, funatseascott said:

We actually didn’t do what they call the Chefs Table, but the Executive Chef allowed his chef’s under him to make off menu items for just my wife and I that they also made for the crews dinner.  This allowed us to have Malaysian/Balinese food served to us in our private table, but the same food was also served to the staff.  This allowed the chefs to make a large portion of the items for us and the staff.  We loved knowing the staff also got this special meal and some stopped us today to thank us for ordering it.

on a transpacific Royal we were able to order Indian food in the mdr!  

I’m interest in what foods your wife was craving.  I remember several dishes I liked, one a Malay rice dish, when I lived in Singapore. Never could remember the names of many of the dishes.  

48 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

The extra tips for is available in the Retreat if you are in a suite and at guest services. You can’t do extra grats in lieu of the regularly charged grats, I don’t believe.

We have never sailed in a suite( soon) so we just hand out envelopes with cash for extra tips.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Another thing we always do around mid-cruises is drop off a letter recognizing staff that has made our vacation special.    They send the compliment to each department head and they are usually recognized at morning staff meeting and given a gift card. 

We have already been thanked by many for our kind words.     They say personal recolonization is more valuable to their career advancement than a tip.   We give both.

Good to know, thanks!

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that I could talk my wife into a B2B and sailing on the TA with you.  She's already making noises about having "too many" next year with the Silhouette, a B2B on Quantum of the Seas (Alaska) in Aug/Sep and Solstice (Japan) in November.  

No such thing as too many cruises!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

The extra tips for is available in the Retreat if you are in a suite and at guest services. You can’t do extra grats in lieu of the regularly charged grats, I don’t believe.

i used to leave my cabin steward a bottle of whisky or vodka from extra obc.

did not know till this thread that i could just gift the obc directly 😮

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think I will just continue on the same thread as that is what is in the title.   I just feel sorry for anyone that wants to join and catch up.   We are a chatty bunch and I LOVE IT.

Thanks Jim. I apologize since shortly after posting my question, I noticed the title of your thread and realized my folly. Enjoy, and I for one will certainly continue to follow your travels on the next leg.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry we will miss.    I can say that being back aboard I can see doing some more cruising very soon. 

• Like 1

Good Morning Jim.    Really enjoyed you coverage of the first leg of your B2B. Im betting the test for the next leg for both of you will be negative. I got up this morning feeling a little down because Linda and I were scheduled to fly to FLL this morning, to board Equinox on the 17th. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in another chat with you, we cancelled a few weeks ago for a large variety of reasons. Hoping to do the ABCs early 2022. I also regret not sailing on this next leg because I would have loved to meet you on this cruise. Hope I can get another chance next year. Anyway, even though Im shore bound, I'll enjoy your coverage of the upcoming ABC cruise leg. All the best from both of us to both of you . Stay Safe and Happy and keep burning up that jogging track !   🙂

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim .. quick question.  Have you heard anything in the Retreat Lounge about suite guest not being able to get seats for shows due to the reduced seating capacity versus high number of suite guest?  

No problem at all,  those that have attended said lots of seating available and able to self social distance.   On Chic nights they also reserve seating for Suite Guests until something like 5 minutes before show.  

14 hours ago, 19pamela68 said:

CC needs a search within these blogs.  

Actually they do but when using a common term it pulls up lost of results.  

If you want to just search on my thread you click the thread first then at the search box choose Search this topic.   I want to search Just Celebrity Forum you choose "This Forum"

image.png.8d464be33e598c12a8d249b9657b5667.png

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

We were able to get these bath products on Equinox in August as the upgraded Zenith bath products in an inside cabin.

Good to hear.   Did you have to request them?    2 Zeniths I know on this cruise have Bigalow products in their SS.   

13 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

I believe you are correct.      I don't remove tips I was using the form for additional tips to those that provided us with exceptional service.    We usually give cash time in a Thank You card we bring with us, but on this cruise with so much Non-Refundable OBC we wanted to burn off some.

It must have worked because we no longer have a credit balance .....LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

on a transpacific Royal we were able to order Indian food in the mdr!  

I’m interest in what foods your wife was craving.  I remember several dishes I liked, one a Malay rice dish, when I lived in Singapore. Never could remember the names of many of the dishes.  

We were in Blu on a cruise with friends from Australia.   One of our party mentioned they liked Indian Curries.   The Restaurant Manager (who happened to be Indian) was very excited and started delivering  a special Curry each nice in additional to what was ordered.    He said he personally prepared them himself.   

They loved it.   I'm not much of a fan of Curry but tried a couple.    My favorite was a tray of Curry Lamb Chops.

I believe if you ask at least 24 hours in advance you will be rewarded.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hcat said:

We have never sailed in a suite( soon) so we just hand out envelopes with cash for extra tips.

Same with me.    I purchased some cards awhile back from Japan that are individually made and are quite ornate.    We always handwrite a special thank you and would put cash in the envelopes.