Updated, Sept 7th, Princess Covid Tests Required thru Dec 31st...

LACruiser88

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That hurts. But, you are correct. The "bonus" FCC can't be cashed out. That was a sweetener that they offered for US to allow THEM to hang onto our $$ for a year++.

You are most welcome.  Only time will tell.

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

If used as intended as a back up plan it would work but if people intended to use it as their only testing plan that is where it would cause issues.  Perhaps I need to open a Covid testing site close to the ports 🙂 

Our next cruise leaves Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday as our test days.  At port testing is the only plan.

12 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Our next cruise leaves Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday as our test days.  At port testing is the only plan.

The antigen test will give results in 15 minutes....available at many pharmacies.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

You might think that, but it's a national holiday so with the proctors be available?

It needs to work from all countries and time zones so it would still be a viable option even on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. 

On 9/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, LACruiser88 said:

We knew this was coming...

Health Protocols for Cruises through 2021

For cruises through December 31, 2021, guests must have the following:

• Received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise
  • Proof of vaccination
  • Have proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation
  • Be required to wear a face mask in certain areas

Is this on Princess website now?

28 minutes ago, dog said:

Is this on Princess website now?

From the 9/7 CruiseHealth webpage.

Health Protocols for Cruises through 2021

For cruises through December 31, 2021, guests must have the following:

• Received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise
  • Proof of vaccination
  • Have proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation
  • Be required to wear a face mask in certain areas
Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 7:03 AM, cruzsnooze said:

I'm cruising Sept 30 about 2 weeks out. I scheduled my test at Kaiser and they say it's a 48 hour turn around. I hope they don't loose my sample or take more time because I am worried about not getting my results in time. It's too late to cancel my cruise but I have serious doubts about wanting to make final pymt on my Dec cruise. This is too much for me although I understand this will be the new normal!

We live in LA South Bay area & had PCR test at Kaiser drive thru last week Thursday around Noon. We were told results will take 2-3 days. Received email response Friday around 7am. There is no guarantee for this kind of quick turn around when we will need it in October. So, we're looking forward for Princess testing at port (San Pedro) as a back up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ClassyApplePie said:

We live in LA South Bay area & had PCR test at Kaiser drive thru last week Thursday around Noon. We were told results will take 2-3 days. Received email response Friday around 7am. There is no guarantee for this kind of quick turn around when we will need it in October. So, we're looking forward for Princess testing at port (San Pedro) as a back up.

Between flights to Maui & pre-procedure tests, I’ve had many KP tests in the San Fernando Valley & had similar experiences as you including recently taking 22 hours. Their local processing lab in Chino Hills has provided quick results & hoping to have the same pre-cruise experience in October. 🤞

Hopefully Princess will have testing available near SP for anyone who hasn’t received their results prior to arriving at the port.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, cltnccruisers said:

Reasonable, but your words or the CDC's?  We just returned from a 9 night cruise to the ABCs.  About 1,200 pax and around 700 crew.  There were 6 positives - 3 pax and 3 crew.  2 pax were sent home, 1 was quarantined.  Never heard what happened to the crew - keelhauled maybe.  It just strikes me that there haven't been that many positives since the 3 day test period started.  The media would be going nuts if there had been.  So since we're supposed to follow the science shouldn't the CDC be able to show numbers justifying the change?   I'll do some digging over the weekend.  🙂 

Why were the 2 sen home were they really sick?  I thought if you tested positive and was not real sick they quarantined?  

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Has anyone received an Antigen test near Ft Lauderdale port on the day before a cruise ?

Would like to know this too.  If testing it still required for Jan 2022 cruises, we will need to find a test site near Port Everglades.  We are flying in 2 days early but no car to drive all over to find a test site.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Would like to know this too.  If testing it still required for Jan 2022 cruises, we will need to find a test site near Port Everglades.  We are flying in 2 days early but no car to drive all over to find a test site.

Uber! - easy & reasonable cost!  We cruise out if SF in January.  If we can't make a timely appointment at a CVS or Walgreens, we will do one of the proctor monitored (princess approved) self tests which needs to be ordered before our trip.

1 hour ago, MishelleMcc said:

Uber! - easy & reasonable cost!  We cruise out if SF in January.  If we can't make a timely appointment at a CVS or Walgreens, we will do one of the proctor monitored (princess approved) self tests which needs to be ordered before our trip.

Yes, and I’m going to see what pharmacies are close to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale so we can try to make an appointment for an antigen test the day before the cruise, CVS, Walgreens or maybe Publix?

• Like 1

For those of you sailing out of San Pedro, Ca.

There are quick tests at Long beach airport. (and other airports) suitable for cruises.

Can make an appt., or they don't seem overly busy.

Takes up to 2 hours to get results, but an Uber or taxi ride away if needed.

https://covidtesting.cityhealthuc.com/locations/long-beach

• Thanks 1

I am hopeful that by the end of October, the cruise lines will be able to do away with pre-testing provided the individual is up to date with vaccines..

In Florida we are beginning to see a decline in the number of hospital admissions and case positivity.  

Just in time for the Flu!!!!

• Like 1