Coming back to Quest - any questions you want answering (plus some things we have learned about travelling nowadays)

uktog

4 hours ago, uktog said:

The weather is perfect not too hot but lovely to lie out in so far. 
I am always wary when people ask about wine quality how to respond as it’s all a matter of taste. I had a lovely included Sauvignon blanc last night but I do now have the package as I struggle to go past whispering Angel rose and as we didn’t spend on other things we decided to have that treat. Did we need to, probably not for the wine but yes to get sparkling water we like and for DH to have his nightly malt. 

The last time we were on board....March and April.2019 sparking water was provided at meals times. Included on request. 

8 hours ago, manc said:

The last time we were on board....March and April.2019 sparking water was provided at meals times. Included on request. 

The sparkling water that is provided has very little sparkle, so yes you are correct it is provided but as we like our water well carbonated it is not to our taste. 

26 minutes ago, uktog said:

The sparkling water that is provided has very little sparkle, so yes you are correct it is provided but as we like our water well carbonated it is not to our taste. 

I thought the standard sparkling water was awful. As you say, very little sparkle 

Phil 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, uktog said:

I will find out but I doubt if it’s happening it will be with officers as the ship is still sailing under RC protocols re covid and officers dining with guests is a no no. 

They are doing special dining events in Aqualina eg a 6 course Greek themed tasting menu one night for $75 each so maybe you would still get the meal but no company! 

Johannes showed photos of new Greek dishes on his social media page - he was tasting them.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm too impressed with Azamara so far, just had to call them for a 3rd time as no response either to emails or FB messenger. I am still unable to check in, I can log into my account but that's all.. it just displays an error page. They say they are aware there is an issue with check in for some bookings, and assured me I can turn up at Athens anytime from 1230-1830 without checking in-even though their paperwork says otherwise !  Anyone else having trouble?

32 minutes ago, QM2 fan said:

Can't say I'm too impressed with Azamara so far, just had to call them for a 3rd time as no response either to emails or FB messenger. I am still unable to check in, I can log into my account but that's all.. it just displays an error page. They say they are aware there is an issue with check in for some bookings, and assured me I can turn up at Athens anytime from 1230-1830 without checking in-even though their paperwork says otherwise !  Anyone else having trouble?

We sailed on Quest Sept 4-11th and found that the information we received from Azamara customer service ahead of our cruise was totally inaccurate.  So even if you do get a response it may not be correct info.  Things became even more frustrating while we were onboard to learn that it did not matter what we had been told. 

Edited by Josephgray1

1 hour ago, QM2 fan said:

Customer service pre-boarding was asbolutely abysmal, to the point that I was on the verge of abandoning the full fare and walking away from it. 

However, the onboard experience was near perfect (certainly after the stresses of the last 18 months), so I hope you can grit your teeth to get through it. 

Check-in only opened up really close to sailing for me - not much more than 7 days from what I remember - and even then it was several days later before I could complete it and get a boarding time, which turned out to be the earliest available option at 3pm. Customer service had also assured me that I could turn up around 12.30 and board without checking in, but I'd have had to wait around if I'd arrived that early.

I didn't have to put just turning up to the test, but from observing on the day, they weren't all that bothered about people having come at the right time. I did in fact start the testing etc 30 minutes earlier than my check-in time. However, I would suggest you work to a boarding time of 3pm rather than 12, as 3pm was the earliest they officially started boarding and uktog has said they were going to continue doing it later than normal for these early voyages. 

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 1

Some thoughts on the entertainment. For a 7 night cruise they have only brought on one outside act The Knights whom we will see tonight. 

They are experimenting with options.

Last night we sat and listened to an experiment in the Living Room 530-630 which coincided with an Azamara Circle special cocktail being served to all loyalty members there and in the Den. The experiment was for us a big plus we hope is repeated on future cruises. 

First though the “orchestra” is now called the band, six piece. Well said band played Bach Baroque arrangements- we now see Igor plays clarinet flute and saxophone all to such a high standard. It was so beautiful the sounds they made. 

Maryfer plays in The Den, she’s a diminutive Mexican with a beautiful voice, very good on keyboards and a nice personality. 

In the Living Room are some Greek well knowns we are told  - The Reaction Band. 5 piece playing 60s to today. Very good but a bit loud though that may be because the place was pretty empty so less to dampen the sound. They are good at gauging the crowd and had people up

dancing night one no problem. They have pushed the disco to an 11pm start so the band is on for longer. 

One thing to note, they ask you to wear masks on the dance floor and the band reminds people who have forgotten (nicely). 

For the cabaret lounge last night it was the Assistant Cruise Director Geoffrey Jones singing songs from the American Songbook. Excellent brilliant voice- Azamara see Assistant CDs as people who can do full shows and have a performance background- good move as it’s a useful back up should other entertainers let them down. 

So entertainment feels as good as ever sometimes better 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, QM2 fan said:

We also had trouble checking in for the 18th.  Tried tab, phone and eventually succeeded on the laptop.  We have a check in of 2.30 - 3.00 which was the first available.   Must agree service onboard far surpasses on land.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Some thoughts on the entertainment. For a 7 night cruise they have only brought on one outside act The Knights whom we will see tonight. 

They are experimenting with options.

Last night we sat and listened to an experiment in the Living Room 530-630 which coincided with an Azamara Circle special cocktail being served to all loyalty members there and in the Den. The experiment was for us a big plus we hope is repeated on future cruises. 

First though the “orchestra” is now called the band, six piece. Well said band played Bach Baroque arrangements- we now see Igor plays clarinet flute and saxophone all to such a high standard. It was so beautiful the sounds they made. 

Maryfer plays in The Den, she’s a diminutive Mexican with a beautiful voice, very good on keyboards and a nice personality. 

In the Living Room are some Greek well knowns we are told  - The Reaction Band. 5 piece playing 60s to today. Very good but a bit loud though that may be because the place was pretty empty so less to dampen the sound. They are good at gauging the crowd and had people up

dancing night one no problem. They have pushed the disco to an 11pm start so the band is on for longer. 

One thing to note, they ask you to wear masks on the dance floor and the band reminds people who have forgotten (nicely). 

For the cabaret lounge last night it was the Assistant Cruise Director Geoffrey Jones singing songs from the American Songbook. Excellent brilliant voice- Azamara see Assistant CDs as people who can do full shows and have a performance background- good move as it’s a useful back up should other entertainers let them down. 

So entertainment feels as good as ever sometimes better 

Good to hear Ann. Thanks for your continued reports.  I remember Geoffrey was one of the cast members three or four years ago. 

Phil 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Good to hear Ann. Thanks for your continued reports.  I remember Geoffrey was one of the cast members three or four years ago. 

Phil 

Yes he’s good isn’t he. 

A couple of pictures to show how the food service has gone up a notch. I have always loved the cauliflower panna cotta and crab meat but extracting it from the square pots was a nightmare.  Lovely new service. 
Likewise new look banana foster. 

8772F8E8-77EB-4B53-A5E0-19B23986F2F8.jpeg

ADE4EE7E-E122-4A12-AC79-18EF5742A950.jpeg

• Like 10

The shop now has some lovely items that would make great gifts. I’m not sure if they are cheaper ashore but these are examples of olive wood. Nothing in this picture is more than $40 and some are as low as $10

8B870F8E-ECC6-4CE0-9A6A-CEE830E0BF0A.jpeg

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, manc said:

Alternatively you can ask for club soda

No way sorry different mineral composition which affects me . Happy now to have that and Evian but others can take the included product if it works for them 

• Like 1