The Daily for Wednesday September 15, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Great collection of days but I don’t think I’ll make a hat and will probably never wear a felt one. My favorite is a solid dark gray HAL cap and the logo is small. 

Roy, thank you for your lists. Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your reunion. Prayers to everyone on the Care list. 

I haven’t read the Daily yet. I had a busy day with DM. I needed to change some financial things and cancel her Costco membership and credit card. What a big deal that always is, and how many times do I have to explain that she is 92 and can’t hear them. Part of the problem was that her Costco membership was under an old address and it took a bit to figure out which one. Some customer service reps are patient and some aren’t, the credit card one wasn’t. But we got through it all even though it seemed to frustrate her. She could never do that on her own any longer. Afterward we had lunch at the restaurant at her living facility, it was too late to drive anywhere else. 

I hope everyone had a great day today!

Bless you you for your patience with that stuff and helping your Mum ❤️ 

• Like 9

Good morning all!

I’ve never made a hat, but I do love to wear them. I searched a long time for a good one to wear while cruising, always afraid mine would blow off and become ocean pollution. I have one really beautiful felt hat with a veil, very 40ish. 

I like the Emerson quote, I think our travels have greatly added to the depth of our life.

Meal and drink sound like keepers. I would appreciate if someone would make me a dark chocolate mousse to have with the wine.

I have been to Fanning Island. Thanks @StLouisCruisersfor those wonderful pictures. Not sure if I have any pictures on my computer as my trip was in 2010. In fact I was on the very first stop at Fanning Island HAL made. And I was on the first tender (with the crew) to dock. Our CC group had brought school supplies, dental supplies, soccer balls and someone had an entire suitcase of Crocs, so we received permission to ride over on the first tender. The weather was really bad, we were rocking and rolling so much I slid off the seat onto the floor (only bruised my pride). It was a long tender ride and visibility was so bad our pilot stuck his head out the window on top to see where we were going. I wondered if we would find the island! We did and I got to meet with one of the teachers and a couple students to give them the school supplies I had brought. I took a walking tour that was offered and then just wandered around. At one of the houses I met a family, mom was fixing lunch, dad was opening a coconut, little ones were playing. We had a nice “conversation”  by hand gestures and smiles. I bought a lot of items at the “mall”, enjoyed the entertainment from some of the children and adults. It was such a fantastic experience to stop at this tiny island so far from my home and so totally different from the life I lead. 

Offering some prayers this morning for all on our care list 🙏. And here’s to the celebrations and good times in life 🍷

St Louis Sal

p.s. Thought this had posted this morning 😳. Lo and behold, here it sat. Better luck this time and better late than never 😂

• Like 16

4 hours ago, NextOne said:

We were on the Inaugural visit of the Eurodam to Fanning Island in March 2019. Our Cruise Critic Roll call, along with crew members, collected school supplies and other items for the children on the island. Here is a Powerpoint presentation that one of the CC members made after the cruise.

A Fanning Island donation presentation 2019.pptx 19.35 MB · 13 downloads

Wow! 🥰❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Finally got my "48" hour test results back after 90 hours.. I have E. Coli. The 2 antibiotics I've been given don't work for what I have. Just picked up my 3rd antibiotic. 

🤞 Hope these new antibiotics do the trick. 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NextOne said:

We were on the Inaugural visit of the Eurodam to Fanning Island in March 2019. Our Cruise Critic Roll call, along with crew members, collected school supplies and other items for the children on the island. Here is a Powerpoint presentation that one of the CC members made after the cruise.

A Fanning Island donation presentation 2019.pptx 19.35 MB · 15 downloads

Wow! What an impressive donation (and great PowerPoint). We brought a lot, but I’m   sure it was nowhere near that much. I wish I could find my picture of the teacher and her students whom I got to meet and give them my bag of school supplies. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Wow.  I only have 11, but I may stay clear of some of the more controversial threads.  Actually, when I looked I was surprised to see it had been 12 including @bennybear.  A closer examination indicated that there are 3 ignore choices, posts, messages, and signatures, and i was only checked to ignore signatures.  I think now I remember that after one update Cruise Critic did not truncate signatures and hers was very long.  I still have 11 on my list, I think actually most are from the Crystal forum.

Roy

Ooh.   I didn’t think I had been that naughty to get on your naughty list😂

• Haha 5

Sad about canceled trips for our best friends to the north. Roy, you can take me off the list as I have returned home from a good visit with my DM.  Hopeful that DH and I can visit her early in October when we travel to AZ to celebrate my sister and bil  50 year wedding anniversary.  The grand get-together that they hoped for will be a small family gathering in youngest sister's back yard as the pandemic hasn't got the message to go away...  Doing some fall cleaning and spending way too much time trying to figure out the various Covid-19 protocol for our November trip to Europe.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Wow.  I only have 11, but I may stay clear of some of the more controversial threads.  Actually, when I looked I was surprised to see it had been 12 including @bennybear.  A closer examination indicated that there are 3 ignore choices, posts, messages, and signatures, and i was only checked to ignore signatures.  I think now I remember that after one update Cruise Critic did not truncate signatures and hers was very long.  I still have 11 on my list, I think actually most are from the Crystal forum.

Roy

I always thought references to the ignore button was a figure of speech. Where do I find it?

• Like 2

Sorry that I am  so very late posting today, thanks for all the daily news, so disappointing that the Trans Atlantic voyages are cancelled for  non USA cruisers.  

Thanks for the photos and information about Fanning Island, the comment about the lack of an ATM machine, reminded me of our Maasdam visit to Niue Island  when a fellow passenger loudly complained that it was a waste of time visiting the island as there was nothing to see and no high rise 5 star hotels. 

@rafinmd Roy, wishing you safe travelling, enjoy the reunion.

@Horizon chaser 1957your Banana Plant is quite magnificent.

@smitty34877thanks for the news of Camilla she is doing so well.

@irishjimthanks for your update, sorry that you have lost the ear, what followup is planned?

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I always thought references to the ignore button was a figure of speech. Where do I find it?

Not sure about tablets or phones but with a PC if you hover the mouse above a person's name you get a box with "Ignore" as the button on the right.  I think if you go to your profile on any device you can see your ignore list and edit it.

Capture.JPG.6183f6e1025b6bd04603941b6bd9b82b.JPG

Roy

• Thanks 4