Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

They downgraded Star Loft Suites and Grand Loft Suites to Junior Suites and only offered a price reduction if the cost of the original suite was lower than the current cost of the Junior Suites.

If they use the same rule for non-suite downgrades, then it's likely you'll be paying more for the lower category cabin than someone else who reserved that cabin category at the same time as your original reservation.

Based on the amount of time it's taking for them to move all of the reservations, and the number of mistakes they are making, it appears they are manually move each individual reservation - one sailing at a time (a problem for B2B sailings or for customers boarding mid-sailing).

This should have been automated, especially because it was 6 months of sailings moving from Allure to Wonder - and possibly over 150,000 reservations...

Plus, to make things worse - even if you request to be put on a waitlist to move up to your original cabin class - they only allow you to pick one category for a waitlist (for multi-category downgrades, you have to pick one category) - and based on what happened on another cruise where we were waitlisted, if someone does cancel - they'll sell the cabin to a new customer before checking the waitlist...

Royal Caribbean really needs to address some of these flaws in their IT infrastructure - because all of this could have been avoided - and the transitions could have been done overnight...

Sailing Date: June 9, 2022 (Rome)

Date you were moved: 10/8/2021

Allure Cabin Category: Connecting ocean-view balcony

Wonder Cabin Category: Non-connecting ocean-view balcony on different decks

Like several others on there, they did not pay attention to linked reservations and connecting rooms. We originally had connecting rooms on deck 11, but the newly assigned rooms were on deck 12 and 7. Our travel agent was able to get us moved to two rooms on the same deck, but they are on the port and starboard sides, nowhere near each other. It’s four of us with two kids (ages 15 and 13) so that’s why we booked connecting rooms in the first place.

Not sure why they wouldn’t have filled these before filling standalone balcony rooms, nor why they are showing as “sold out” on the connecting balcony rooms. Why would you transfer a reservation from a non-connecting room on Allure to a connecting room on Wonder?

Anyway, still waiting for a resolution. We have not been offered a refund as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ClarkBHM said:

Like several others on there, they did not pay attention to linked reservations and connecting rooms. We originally had connecting rooms on deck 11, but the newly assigned rooms were on deck 12 and 7. Our travel agent was able to get us moved to two rooms on the same deck, but they are on the port and starboard sides, nowhere near each other. It’s four of us with two kids (ages 15 and 13) so that’s why we booked connecting rooms in the first place.

Not sure why they wouldn’t have filled these before filling standalone balcony rooms, nor why they are showing as “sold out” on the connecting balcony rooms. Why would you transfer a reservation from a non-connecting room on Allure to a connecting room on Wonder?

Anyway, still waiting for a resolution. We have not been offered a refund as far as I am aware.

Sorry for this issue, maybe change dates you may have better luck in getting cabins together or near each other you like better. There is no way you should have been assigned on different decks.

Even same deck but one on the port side and one on the starboard side would not be acceptable.

I believe you should be able to get a full refund though and take your money elsewhere if you aren't happy with the move.

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, ClarkBHM said:

Keep pushing for resolution. Our adjacent cabins transferred to different decks were finally put adjacent again - with a *very* fat finger error (decimal place) in our favor.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ClarkBHM said:

Suggestions on how to do that? They won't talk to me, and our TA isn't as motivated to resolve it as I would have hoped. 

Ugh, sorry. I don't use a TA so no experience on making that work. Seems like your TA is the one you have to push (or fire?). Can you insist on a 3-way call with TA and Royal?

I spent well over 2 hours on a series of calls with Royal to reach the result we got. 90% of it was time "on Hold" while they called other departments. It definitely takes time and patience.

Well two days ago I received an email from my agent in the states, she said after working with Royal she had secured us the same cabin for both parts of our b2b.

This was only after I sent her an email to say I wasn’t happy with the way things had been done and as my original booking I had paid extra to pick my cabin number if I didn’t get the same I was taking things further! So now I’m back on the same deck in the same category 😊

• Like 3

I opted to cancel back in mid-October because they downgraded us from a CLS to a JS, but my reservation is still showing booked and no refund in sight. They said wait 45 days. I called again and they said yes we see you canceled but it hasn't been processed yet. They have been holding this deposit for two years now. C'mon already.

9 hours ago, Pratique said:

I opted to cancel back in mid-October because they downgraded us from a CLS to a JS, but my reservation is still showing booked and no refund in sight. They said wait 45 days. I called again and they said yes we see you canceled but it hasn't been processed yet. They have been holding this deposit for two years now. C'mon already.

Same here.  We cancelled Oct 11, and the reservation still shows in my account and on the app.  Ridiculous that they can't even come through on the 45-day promise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pratique said:

What date was your JS assigned to that you canceled?

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Sorry I thought you were asking what date Royal moved us.

We were on the westbound TA.

Oh , okay. I see no Crown Lofts available on the 25th.  Maybe you can ask now to switch to the 18th sailing, there is Crown Lofts available for that sailing.

There are 3 available for the 18th.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh , okay. I see no Crown Lofts available on the 25th.  Maybe you can ask now to switch to the 18th sailing, there is Crown Lofts available for that sailing.

There are 3 available for the 18th.

Nope we were booked on the transatlantic.

• Like 1

Seems like RCL thinks this is fully resolved. See https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/11/12/why-did-royal-caribbean-put-less-suites-wonder-of-the-seas

"Ms. Freed also noted that unfortunately the swapping of Allure of the Seas to Wonder of the Seas in Europe in summer 2022 resulted in some guests being left without an available room, "We had to unfortunately downgrade some people who are in top suite categories because we had fewer suites on the line there. But that's all been sorted out now to the best of our ability."

Edited by ClarkBHM
URL correction

On 11/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, ClarkBHM said:

Seems like RCL thinks this is fully resolved. See https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/11/12/why-did-royal-caribbean-put-less-suites-wonder-of-the-seas

"Ms. Freed also noted that unfortunately the swapping of Allure of the Seas to Wonder of the Seas in Europe in summer 2022 resulted in some guests being left without an available room, "We had to unfortunately downgrade some people who are in top suite categories because we had fewer suites on the line there. But that's all been sorted out now to the best of our ability."

Well in their minds it is. They are done with it and have moved on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 4:43 PM, ClarkBHM said:

Based on how poorly they handled the larger suite transitions to JS (and B2B, connecting cabins, adjacent child cabins, cabin location, ...) - they must have a very low bar for rating their ability.

I check multiple times each day to see if a full suite becomes available on the Wonder's October TA sailing - and so far, all the best cabin available has been another JS.

If Royal is taking more than 45 days to process cancellations, that could explain why only JS have been available on our TA cruise.

Still hoping we'll be able to get back into a CLS (a very long shot), an OS (also a very long shot) or at least a GS.  And if that doesn't happen before we're asked to submit final payment, we may cancel the cruise, even if that means we'll forfeit part of our deposit.

At least our travel agent was able to get us an upgrade from JS to GS on our Odyssey cruise next week.  But Royal didn't handle that well either.  We were supposed to be on the waitlist for a GS - and our travel agent was able to get us upgraded only because she happened to check available cabins and found us a GS - not because Royal shifted us using their waitlist.

We're also on the waitlist to get a full suite on our Wonder TA cruise - but based on what happened on our Odyssey cruise - not counting on them to do anything if a full suite becomes available - so I'm checking multiple times each day - and will continue doing so...

• 3 weeks later...