Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

Date of sailing: 01.09.22

Allure cabin: 10323 2l

Wonder cabin: 8697 2l

not informed of change - checked booking

Not happy at all - our cabin on Wonder is 2 cabins from the music hall!

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone to a customer service advisor who was very unhelpful.  Basically told me that the category is the same for the new cabin and that cabin 10323 is a higher category on the Wonder.  This is not true from what I have since seen on deck plans.  He kept telling me I can have a refund but I just want the same cabin i took the time to choose on the Allure.  

I asked if I could escalate my complaint and he said his manager was no longer taking “calls relating to these issues” and that I could contact the customer services department by email but they would tell me the same!

Email sent and awaiting reply.

julie

31 minutes ago, juliekatealuren said:

I asked if I could escalate my complaint and he said his manager was no longer taking “calls relating to these issues” and that I could contact the customer services department by email but they would tell me the same!

julie

I emailed at their instruction on Sept. 22nd.  I got no automated response giving me any indication they would look at it and I am still waiting for a response of any kind.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the assignment and all of the cabins that would have been acceptable to me including my original are now gone.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

1 hour ago, juliekatealuren said:

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone to a customer service advisor who was very unhelpful.  Basically told me that the category is the same for the new cabin and that cabin 10323 is a higher category on the Wonder.  This is not true from what I have since seen on deck plans.  He kept telling me I can have a refund but I just want the same cabin i took the time to choose on the Allure.  

julie

You should be able to call and move to a cabin further away from the music hall as long as it is the same category you were newly assigned, At least try doing that.

You sure that is the right Category above you posted?

Looks like your right category is Boardwalk View Balcony (1I) if so call and ask for 8705, or 8709., 8717 or 8729 which are all avialable for your sailing. and away from the music hall.

Edited by Jimbo

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You should be able to call and move to a cabin further away from the music hall as long as it is the same category you were newly assigned, At least try doing that.

You sure that is the right Category above you posted?

Looks like your right category is Boardwalk View Balcony (1I) if so call and ask for 8705, or 8709., 8717 or 8729 which are all avialable for your sailing. and away from the music hall.

Looks like 10323 was a Category 2I but all those on Wonder are unavailable so they assigned  you a 1I. They may have all been assigned to passengers leaving from Barcelona and the time they got to your sailing they were all gone since you are leaving from Rome.

Best you can do now is move to a different 1I that I mentioned above, they should let you do that without an issue.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like 10323 was a Category 2I but all those on Wonder are unavailable so they assigned  you a 1I. They may have all been assigned to passengers leaving from Barcelona and the time they got to your sailing they were all gone since you are leaving from Rome.

Best you can do now is move to a different 1I that I mentioned above, they should let you do that without an issue.

I am quite new to cruising - what is the difference between a 1l and a 2l?  I really don't want to be on Deck 8 at all and asked if I could be moved to deck 9 or 11 and was told they were not available.

31 minutes ago, juliekatealuren said:

I am quite new to cruising - what is the difference between a 1l and a 2l?  I really don't want to be on Deck 8 at all and asked if I could be moved to deck 9 or 11 and was told they were not available.

Looks like 2I have a sofa bed, so they can hold 3 or 4 passengers, while the 1I only holds 2 passengers. The issue you have is the only 2 person boardwalk balcony cabins available for your sailing are only available on deck 8. None available on deck 10, therefore you got deck 8............

But if you call now you can get a free move to a cabin further toward the aft away from the Music Hall like I listed above on deck 8

10 hours ago, juliekatealuren said:

julie

Looks like another example of how poorly they implemented this transition.  The deck 10 Boardwalk cabins are about the same between the two ships - and should have been able to start with moving into the same cabin.

Once they've already assigned cabins - if they did make any mistakes, they aren't going to fix them by moving anyone out of an assigned cabin.  So that limits your options.

Looks like 8729 (on the end) may be available from Rome and from Barcelona.

2 hours ago, Bob_Houston said:

Looks like another example of how poorly they implemented this transition.  The deck 10 Boardwalk cabins are about the same between the two ships - and should have been able to start with moving into the same cabin.

Once they've already assigned cabins - if they did make any mistakes, they aren't going to fix them by moving anyone out of an assigned cabin.  So that limits your options.

Looks like 8729 (on the end) may be available from Rome and from Barcelona.

Well, when they put them on sale to the public and fill them up that way, there was never any hope for me getting my aftmost  BB I had selected within the first day the cruise went on sale.  No more are available on my sailing and they have yet to transfer me so should be interesting. 

9 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Well, when they put them on sale to the public and fill them up that way, there was never any hope for me getting my aftmost  BB I had selected within the first day the cruise went on sale.  No more are available on my sailing and they have yet to transfer me so should be interesting. 

Perhaps they have transferred you to your cabin and you just haven't been notified yet, Kim.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Perhaps they have transferred you to your cabin and you just haven't been notified yet, Kim.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks, but, I've been watching them all go, one by one, and mine was was one of the first. 😦

I'd be quite surprised if it was allocated to me and just not showing in my cruise planner based on others reporting here.

3 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Anyone else showing as cancelled on Allure and not moved to Wonder? 

Over days I’ve spent hours waiting to get to talk to someone with no luck. Tried emailing but not confident that will get a response. 

My 5/26/22 sailing was showing cancelled, now has been moved to Wonder.

My 6/26/22 sailing still just shows cancelled.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Over days I’ve spent hours waiting to get to talk to someone with no luck. Tried emailing but not confident that will get a response. 

We are still waiting, August 7th - two bookings in three balcony cabins (two of which need to be interconnecting).  Keeping our fingers crossed that we get the cabins we booked but I have to say hope is starting to fade that that will be the case.  We have also emailed and our TA called them today but got nothing except the standard '13th October' response.

Edited by Sue F
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Yes, and they don't do anything when you do reach them on this issue.  They just say it will be transferred by Oct. 13th, the date in the letter.  My cabin is gone on Wonder for the October TA.  I can't wait to see their "offer".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, juliekatealuren said:

Funny, deck 8 is my favourite on Oasis Class.  These ships are looong.  I prefer to walk through Central park as a way to get back to my cabin instead of long cabin corridors.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RG306 said:

Funny, deck 8 is my favourite on Oasis Class.  These ships are looong.  I prefer to walk through Central park as a way to get back to my cabin instead of long cabin corridors.  

That is good to know as we will be on the Wonder of the seas and first Oasis Class in April.