Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

52 minutes ago, Bob_Houston said:

Royal Caribbean needs to reconsider their policy for transitioning reservations between ships:

• When reservations are moved to a lower category, the fare should be repriced based on what the fare for the new cabin would have been when the original reservation was made

It seems inconceivable to me that your suite category (and others) were downgraded to a JS.   You have a good attitude, waiting it out.  Hope it works out for you i
     I have a question - how do you think Royal would be able to calculate, for each downgrade, what the price of the downgraded cabin  category would have been on the day you booked your full suite?   I don’t think the people working the transfers would have that information available to them. 

Edited by BSocial
Clarity

14 hours ago, BSocial said:

It seems inconceivable to me that your suite category (and others) were downgraded to a JS.   You have a good attitude, waiting it out.  Hope it works out for you i
     I have a question - how do you think Royal would be able to calculate, for each downgrade, what the price of the downgraded cabin  category would have been on the day you booked your full suite?   I don’t think the people working the transfers would have that information available to them. 

If they don't have access to the pricing for other cabins on the day the original reservation was made, they could estimate it by using the current pricing and then proportionately adjust the original cabin fare. 

While that may not be as accurate, it would be much better than asking customers to pay their original fare for a much smaller cabin - and much more than anyone else who had reserved that cabin at the same time.

Though - based on how Royal Caribbean has handled this situation so far, it seems like they would prefer the suite customers downgraded to JS cancel their reservations so they can resell those cabins at the higher fares they want to get on the Wonder.

Since the cost of deferring our cancellation decision until next summer is only $200 (a small percentage of our cabin fare), we're going to ignore the October 20 full refund request deadline and see if any full suites open up before making a final decision.

They may be dealing with over 300,000 reservations impacted by Wonder replacing the Allure over 6 months of sailings - and don't appear interested right now in considering the large negative impact their process had on 600 full suite reservations...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bob_Houston said:

They may be dealing with over 300,000 reservations impacted by Wonder replacing the Allure over 6 months of sailings - and don't appear interested right now in considering the large negative impact their process had on 600 full suite reservations...

It seems the whole process has overwhelmed them. They estimated 3 weeks to complete and had to double that. in that situation it’s understandable that they’ve adopted the approach of the needs to the many outweighing the needs to the few (credit Spock for the quote).

Date:  May 19, 2022 departure Rome

Allure:  GS 10260

Wonder:  GS 1702

Wanted to share with those that may be looking at the ship's deck plans online and not happy with your new cabin (for those that have received notice), you may want to call RCCL and confirm what you are seeing on the deck plan for your cabin.  When we got notice of the change to this new cabin, I looked at the ship and saw the cabin marked with "obstructed view".  This was not what we had booked earlier this year.  I called them and told them this was not acceptable.  The rep looked at her information and said that that cabin doesn't have an obstructed view.  I advised her to look online at the deck plans.  She saw what I was referring to but she said the specific ship details the representatives are given do not show it with an obstructed view at all; in fact, she advised that these are so high on the ship that there isn't anything to obstruct the view.  (It even has a bigger balcony than 1704 according to her sq. ft. information even though it looks smaller than 1704 on the deck plan view.  This is a plus.)  I called again a few weeks later to confirm this & was told the exact same thing.  They also said since it's a new ship what is showing on the deck plan layout online may not be exactly what they have built the ship to be.  The second rep even told me that since WOTS is no longer doing Asia, they MIGHT (big MAYBE) be converting it to have more GS since the non-Asia markets (especially the US/Caribbean markets) sell out of GS quickly compared with the Asia market.  No promises on this though; might be wishful thinking.  

Hoping this may be a bit of encouragement for those who may not like what you are seeing on the deck plan map.

2 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Wanted to share with those that may be looking at the ship's deck plans online and not happy with your new cabin (for those that have received notice), you may want to call RCCL and confirm what you are seeing on the deck plan for your cabin.  When we got notice of the change to this new cabin, I looked at the ship and saw the cabin marked with "obstructed view".  This was not what we had booked earlier this year.  I called them and told them this was not acceptable.  The rep looked at her information and said that that cabin doesn't have an obstructed view.  I advised her to look online at the deck plans.  She saw what I was referring to but she said the specific ship details the representatives are given do not show it with an obstructed view at all; in fact, she advised that these are so high on the ship that there isn't anything to obstruct the view.  (It even has a bigger balcony than 1704 according to her sq. ft. information even though it looks smaller than 1704 on the deck plan view.  This is a plus.)  I called again a few weeks later to confirm this & was told the exact same thing.  They also said since it's a new ship what is showing on the deck plan layout online may not be exactly what they have built the ship to be.  The second rep even told me that since WOTS is no longer doing Asia, they MIGHT (big MAYBE) be converting it to have more GS since the non-Asia markets (especially the US/Caribbean markets) sell out of GS quickly compared with the Asia market.  No promises on this though; might be wishful thinking.  

Hoping this may be a bit of encouragement for those who may not like what you are seeing on the deck plan map.

Hello @cruz_happy - thanks for this info.  I'm on your sailing and was downgraded from a two-bedroom grand suite to a junior suite.  I'll continue to monitor, as you suggested!

26 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

The deck plans are not reliable for determining obstructed view, but it could just be that there is a balcony wall that is at a funny angle such that it partially obstructs the view of the ocean from inside the cabin.

2 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Wishful thinking.....I didn't get one either.

Neither did I but saw it on this page or my meet and mingle page for my T/A. Is tomorrow still the deadline to move all cabins? Still don’t have mine.

Hmmmm...I haven't gotten the email yet about having to wait until 3 November to be assigned...but one of our three cabins still shows "cancelled"  I agree that if they need longer to reassign us then they need to extend the cancellation date until a week after the new deadline! 

I undersatnd there will be some glitches with a ship replacement like this, but honestly it seems RCI is making more work for themselves than they need to/should.  What a mess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tpcwags said:

Neither did I but saw it on this page or my meet and mingle page for my T/A. Is tomorrow still the deadline to move all cabins? Still don’t have mine.

If you saw the letter, then you will have noted that the new target date for completion is November 3.  Whether or not they extended cancelation offers past October 20th is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I undersatnd there will be some glitches with a ship replacement like this, but honestly it seems RCI is making more work for themselves than they need to/should.  What a mess.

As long as the cabins aren't being sold, there was pretty much no reason to not do straight moves - systematically would be best -  for non suites and deal with only the not found cabin numbers manually.  Opening up the sales screwed both the consumers and the poor souls tasked with completing this data entry mess.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

It's possible they could convert 3 JS into 2 GS.

Compared to the Oasis, Wonder has no Star Loft suites (Allure has 2), no Panoramic suites (Allure has 2), no 2 bdrm GS (Allure has 6), 17 fewer CLS and 2 fewer GS.  Compared to Allure, Wonder has 28 fewer full suites and has 28 more Junior Suites.

If they could convert 27 JS into 18 GS - that would help to close the gap considerably.   

Though they might have a challenge with the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen if they added 18 more full suites, since the SL/CK are smaller on the Wonder compared to the other Oasis ships with the SL/CK on the floor with the CLS.

If they do decide to create new GS - they should communicate that to those of us downgraded multiple categories to JS (at least those of us who haven't cancelled yet...).

If they're considering converting JS - another option they should consider is converting 2 JS into an OS.  Since they eliminated so many CLS - they could close the gap by adding more OS - which are about the same size.

They should have enough time to do some cabin conversions before the first sailing - or could even do some of the conversions after sailing begins.

On 10/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, Bob_Houston said:

However...  We've decided not to cancel at this time.  We are hoping that over the next 6-8 months that we'll be moved up to a full suite, should someone cancel their reservation (Grand Suite or above).

Think that might be wishful thinking, I doubt after 6-8 months they are not going to bother opening up another can of worms moving people around again in cabins. If suites should open up they will just sell them at probably higher prices then you paid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Think that might be wishful thinking, I doubt after 6-8 months they are not going to bother opening up another can of worms moving people around again in cabins. If suites should open up they will just sell them at probably higher prices then you paid.

They have added us to a waitlist to be upgraded to a full suite should another reservation be cancelled.  The only problem with their current (automated?) system is that you can only be placed on a single waitlist.  So we've requested GS, since there are 28 of those on the Wonder.  Ideally, they would place us on a waitlist for CLS, OS and GS - and book us into the highest available suite that is cancelled.

It seems unlikely many (if any) of the CLS, OS or GS reservations will be cancelled - since those customers got to keep their full suites - and are getting a considerable upgrade on the new ship, in the new Suite neighborhood, at the same price as the Allure.

But we can hope...  And if it doesn't work out - it'll only cost us $200 - a small amount compared to what Royal is asking us to pay for the JS...

2 adjacent cabins, OV+OVB, Jun 2022 out of Barcelona:

1. The OV was moved 3 weeks ago, upgraded to a midship OVB. Price adjusted after a few days to what we secured on Allure when we booked in Feb 2021. A very good deal.

2. The other cabin, originally OVB, was finally moved last night to another OVB. Price has not been adjusted yet, but not too worried it will be in the next few days.

Interesting thing is that the new cabins are not adjacent, let alone on the same deck. One of them is booked with under-21 adults. Curious to see if/when RCI finds the violation of their own policy. Eventually, I'll call to move that cabin anyway, because it is on 14 under the pool deck. I don't want to wait till there are no acceptable options left. We'd even be okay with it going back to an OV on another deck rather than be under the pool deck.

It has been 2 days since we cancelled our 1bd ATS with Royal directly, but it still shows as active in our account and I have not yet received a cancellation email.

Is this normal?

I would expect them to quickly process the cancellation so they can give the room to someone else who may be waitlisted or who wants to purchase outright.

I promised to report back on my situation.  I was originally in a Star Loft Suite for the westbound TA downgraded to a junior suite.  After not getting anywhere talking with resolutions, I emailed MBayley (twice).  A day after the second email I received a call from the executive escalation team.  I expressed my disappointment and disbelief.  She agreed that it wasn't handled well and would pass on my feelings.

I ended up booking the same suite on the Allure b2b in the same suite I was originally in for the same time as the TA.  I asked if they would price protect the Allure b2b cruises that I swapped for the TA.  I received a call this afternoon with the news that they are honoring my request for price protection.  They are also giving me the same OBC as offered to others displaced.

While I'm disappointed I will not be on the TA, I am satisfied with the offer and looking forward to staying in the Star Loft Suite.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PK34 said:

I promised to report back on my situation.  I was originally in a Star Loft Suite for the westbound TA downgraded to a junior suite.  After not getting anywhere talking with resolutions, I emailed MBayley (twice).  A day after the second email I received a call from the executive escalation team.  I expressed my disappointment and disbelief.  She agreed that it wasn't handled well and would pass on my feelings.

I ended up booking the same suite on the Allure b2b in the same suite I was originally in for the same time as the TA.  I asked if they would price protect the Allure b2b cruises that I swapped for the TA.  I received a call this afternoon with the news that they are honoring my request for price protection.  They are also giving me the same OBC as offered to others displaced.

While I'm disappointed I will not be on the TA, I am satisfied with the offer and looking forward to staying in the Star Loft Suite.

The TA cruise is 14 nights.  There is one Allure cruise for 9 nights and several for 8 (including the repositioning cruise to Galveston).

Are you saying they're honoring the SLS fare for a 14 night cruise on a shorter Allure cruise and providing you a (small) OBC?

If so, is this really a good deal?

I just did a price comparison for the 8 night Allure Fort Lauderdale to Galveston cruise for a CLS vs. what we were going to pay for a 14 night Allure TA.  On a per night basis, the original 14 night cruise was almost 20% more expensive in a CLS than the new 8 night cruise to Galveston from Florida.  So no price protection would be needed (compared to an August 2020 booking) - the new Allure fare price is lower for the same cabin - especially when booking a shorter cruise.

34 minutes ago, Bob_Houston said:

The TA cruise is 14 nights.  There is one Allure cruise for 9 nights and several for 8 (including the repositioning cruise to Galveston).

Are you saying they're honoring the SLS fare for a 14 night cruise on a shorter Allure cruise and providing you a (small) OBC?

If so, is this really a good deal?

I just did a price comparison for the 8 night Allure Fort Lauderdale to Galveston cruise for a CLS vs. what we were going to pay for a 14 night Allure TA.  On a per night basis, the original 14 night cruise was almost 20% more expensive in a CLS than the new 8 night cruise to Galveston from Florida.  So no price protection would be needed (compared to an August 2020 booking) - the new Allure fare price is lower for the same cabin - especially when booking a shorter cruise.

I am doing the 7 night eastern on 10/29/22 followed by the 8 night repo to Galveston on 11/5/22 for a total of 15 nights.  They divided the 14 night TA fare by 14 to get a per night cost and then multiplied that number by 15. 

On 10/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Did they extend the deadline to cancel since they won't be done?  How can I cancel by the 20th if I'm still waiting to see where they put me since my cabin is sold?  🤔

On 10/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, Sue F said:

Good question, there was certainly no mention of it in the email 🙄

And the answer after a 53 minute phone call is "No". The deadline for favorable cancelation offer is still October 20. 

Rep will write it up as he sees the problem there with a cancel date before the cabin assignment deadline and I should hear from someone in 72 hours yadayadayada......

As an aside, I noticed a new option in the phone menu when I called has been added.  Said if you were calling about Allure or Explorer, press 1.  I thought oh! It's going to be their best and brightest answering these tough calls about re-deployments!  My rep and her supervisor were both very good at de-escalation, but, still had no REAL answers to give. Shame the company doesn't equip them with better information like an appropriate cancelation date for an extended move deadline. I hear a lot of people blame IT, but, that miss sits firmly on the shoulders of the business decision makers.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

We booked 2 connecting balcony cabins on Allure 29 May 2022. Received the cabin swap details and the new cabins were 2 balconies cabins slightly apart from each other. I queried this with royal as our children will be in the cabin. Royals policy is under 18 need to be in a cabin next to or opposite. Royal said they will look into this. We have now been moved 2 connecting balcony cabins however one of them is accessible. None of us has any special requirements I just do not want this cabin type. Royals response was cancel  can not do this flights booked and travelling with another family. Royal is saying no other suitable cabins are available in category. I have checked online there are options Royal are refusing to deal with this issue told me to wait.  What should we do.