Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

We are still waiting.  We had two b2b's on Allure in the Mediterranean and at first they showed as cancelled in our cruise planner, but now the second cruise has been changed back to Allure in the Caribbean, in our cruise planner.  However, we received two separate letters from RCCL stating that each cruise would be moved to Wonder of the Seas.

We had two interconnecting boardwalk staterooms booked on Allure August 2022 sailing from Barcelona on a seven night Mediterranean cruise.

Received the standard email last week that the bookings would be transferred to Wonder and they’ll do there best to move us to like for like staterooms etc etc etc.

Overnight we’ve received an email that our one of our stateroom bookings is now for a six night Caribbean cruise sailing from Fort Lauderdale in August 2022.

No mention of the other stateroom.

I have telephoned RCG and am waiting for there reply.

Not worried -- I just think it's a manual, time-consuming process.  My email stated they expected all moves to be completed by October 13th:

"There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by October 13th, 2021."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We had two interconnecting boardwalk staterooms booked on Allure August 2022 sailing from Barcelona on a seven night Mediterranean cruise.

Received the standard email last week that the bookings would be transferred to Wonder and they’ll do there best to move us to like for like staterooms etc etc etc.

Overnight we’ve received an email that our one of our stateroom bookings is now for a six night Caribbean cruise sailing from Fort Lauderdale in August 2022.

No mention of the other stateroom.

I have telephoned RCG and am waiting for there reply.

Had a reply.

It was an IT glitch apparently many cruisers I was told received similar emails.

Told all should be sorted in the next two or three weeks.

Does anyone know the exact time, Eastern Time that the Europe Sailings will go on sale tomorrow for Wonder?

That will be a the best time when looking at the Suite's to know if they held some back for people who were already booked on Allure?

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

When Wonder opens up for sale tomorrow we should have a better idea of how RC are handling this. If all categories are readily available then people transferring from Allure are low on their list of priorities. 

I thought it was already open to book? Are you talking about a certain time frame?

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I thought it was already open to book? Are you talking about a certain time frame?

Only US sailings prior to the Spring TA are currently open for booking.

• Thanks 1

Hi Jimbo.  Thanks for getting this thread started. Based on RCCL's sale end count down timer, my guess is that Wonder of the Seas' Mediterranean sales will start at midnight Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). About seven hours and fifteen minutes from now. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mycpu2you said:

Hi Jimbo.  Thanks for getting this thread started. Based on RCCL's sale end count down timer, my guess is that Wonder of the Seas' Mediterranean sales will start at midnight Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). About seven hours and fifteen minutes from now. 

Should be an interesting evening .  Some  people  happy🙂  and then some sad faces 😞

Even seeing what cabins are available will be extra hard to gauge because Wonder will be inter porting  between Rome and Barcelona. So some cabins won't show as being available right off the bat because they will be for the other sailing.

This will make it extra hard for Royal to figure out cabin relocations, those passengers with B2B.......good luck getting the same cabinz for both cruises.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Should be an interesting evening .  Some  people  happy🙂  and then some sad faces 😞

Even seeing what cabins are available will be extra hard to gauge because Wonder will be inter porting  between Rome and Barcelona. So some cabins won't show as being available right off the bat because they will be for the other sailing.

This will make it extra hard for Royal to figure out cabin relocations, those passengers with B2B.......good luck getting the same cabinz for both cruises.

I forgot about interporting. Ouch.

I wonder if Barcelona trumps Civitavecchia

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I forgot about interporting. Ouch.

I wonder if Barcelona trumps Civitavecchia

Oh Yeah, what a tangled web we weave............... People with B2B's are screwed..........$$$$ usually trumps everything !!!

Moving people to the new ship isn't going to be easy....

Almost thinking when booking start tonight, nothing higher then JS's will be available to book until all the switches are made from Allure to Wonder for the higher suites.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

This is my first experience with swapping out ships and waiting for an assignment. Is it typical that they’d open the cruise to the public before providing cabins to those who are already booked? Why not just wait until October when all new assignments completed? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, joanne59 said:

This is my first experience with swapping out ships and waiting for an assignment. Is it typical that they’d open the cruise to the public before providing cabins to those who are already booked? Why not just wait until October when all new assignments completed? 

I’m wondering the same thing.   Why not move people before opening new bookings.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Canadianmama3 said:

I’m wondering the same thing.   Why not move people before opening new bookings.     

We should know soon but my hope is that most people have rooms set aside for them and this is the reason they delayed booking all the Allure-to-Wonder sailings by a week. Otherwise, why not open all sailings for booking on 9/15? Surely they have a system in place to automatically move most guests (those in traditional staterooms) and then they can manually move those in unique rooms or special situations over the next 3 weeks. Most people could literally have the same room number. That’s not hard to code.