Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

Sailing on the April TA

on Allure had 3 Central Park Cabines in a row (all linked reservations booked at the same time)

On Wonder: on Central Park cabin, one balcony gty, one still not assigned a week after the other two were.

I'm glad we are all adults and don't mind terribly not being near one another.  Would much rather an assgined cabin than a balcony gty, but not going to get worked up about it.

On 10/6/2021 at 3:03 PM, Billy Baltic said:

Anyone else showing as cancelled on Allure and not moved to Wonder? 

Over days I’ve spent hours waiting to get to talk to someone with no luck. Tried emailing but not confident that will get a response. 

yes....all 3 of our bookings showed this initially...since then two have beeen changed to Wonder and one still shows cancelled.  RCI said it can take through 13 October to get everyone moved over...if I were you I would wait to call until after that point (hopefully it will be a non issue by then)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

yes....all 3 of our bookings showed this initially...since then two have beeen changed to Wonder and one still shows cancelled.  RCI said it can take through 13 October to get everyone moved over...if I were you I would wait to call until after that point (hopefully it will be a non issue by then)

I got a response via Twitter which was exactly that - our team is working on it and will be until Oct 13. The response was friendly with a slight edge of ‘go away and leave us to it’. 

• Like 1

just sharing my story…

Don’t wait to contact them!  I have spent days on the phone getting our 5 cabins reassigned.  We were initially booked 3 JS and 2 CP balconies for minors.  They moved the JS’s to deck 7 and left the minors on 10.  It has been a nightmare.  Today they finally moved the minors to a room next to the parents.  We are now 3 rooms together and 2 on a different floor but at least more acceptable.  One reservation came back at $1600 more than original though same category.  I will deal with that later!

it is hard to understand why they didn’t move people straight across prior to opening any other bookings..though I do understand that some of the category availability has changed.

good luck to all of you!

(we are on the June 30 interport out of Rome)

• Like 3

I'm in the same # cabin. Don't know when it happened. I didn't check every day. Just noticed today when I checked on my orders in Cruise Planner. 

The location is the same, but it used to be sandwiched between two other cabins. Now there's the dreaded "white space" and a Big one, next to my cabin. I fear it's the crew stairwell/elevator. i'll look at changing.

54 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

just sharing my story…

Don’t wait to contact them!  I have spent days on the phone getting our 5 cabins reassigned.  We were initially booked 3 JS and 2 CP balconies for minors.  They moved the JS’s to deck 7 and left the minors on 10.  It has been a nightmare.  Today they finally moved the minors to a room next to the parents.  We are now 3 rooms together and 2 on a different floor but at least more acceptable.  One reservation came back at $1600 more than original though same category.  I will deal with that later!

it is hard to understand why they didn’t move people straight across prior to opening any other bookings..though I do understand that some of the category availability has changed.

good luck to all of you!

(we are on the June 30 interport out of Rome)

Wow after reading your post I was confused but making sense of it.  My sail date is June 26 out of Barcelona.  So after I sail we pick you up in Rome didn't realize that till seeing your sailing date June 30.   I guess it makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, RACE20 said:

Wow after reading your post I was confused but making sense of it.  My sail date is June 26 out of Barcelona.  So after I sail we pick you up in Rome didn't realize that till seeing your sailing date June 30.   I guess it makes sense.  

Yes, they call it interporting.  Passengers on and off both in Rome and Barcelona (on different days).

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RG306 said:

Funny, deck 8 is my favourite on Oasis Class.  These ships are looong.  I prefer to walk through Central park as a way to get back to my cabin instead of long cabin corridors.  

I stayed on Deck 8 on the Oasis the 1st year it was sailing and loved it for the same reason. So much nicer strolling through the park when going fore to aft. I choose deck 8 on Allure April TA for the same reason. Hopefully they will keep me on that deck when they get around to assigning cabin on Wonder 

38 minutes ago, tpcwags said:

I stayed on Deck 8 on the Oasis the 1st year it was sailing and loved it for the same reason. So much nicer strolling through the park when going fore to aft. I choose deck 8 on Allure April TA for the same reason. Hopefully they will keep me on that deck when they get around to assigning cabin on Wonder 

I also chose a  balcony cabin on deck 8  - Love being able to pop in to the Park Cafe!   On the Royal website my sailing has changed to the Wonder but the cabin just says GTY. Hoping it's still on deck 8 

Beth

1 hour ago, tpcwags said:

22 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I also chose a  balcony cabin on deck 8  - Love being able to pop in to the Park Cafe!   On the Royal website my sailing has changed to the Wonder but the cabin just says GTY. Hoping it's still on deck 8 

Beth

Hopefully, it works out for you both. We lucked out and our cabin was basically just moved from port to starboard midship deck 8. 

We are super fortunate. After being cancelled in May of 2020 and again in 2021 then thinking we were cancelled again for May of 2022 we are rebooked on Wonder in the same category (2 bedroom aqua theater suite) at the same price. Feel really bad for those downgraded but so excited for my daughter (this is her 2020 HS graduation gift/present). 

• Like 5

On 10/1/2021 at 12:25 PM, Biker19 said:

Assuming your booking has stayed refundable through the various switches, yes. BTW, your new D1 cabin is certainly an upgrade from the D3 you had.

Beware and make sure to look at your invoices!   I was switched directly to the same cabin on Wonder so no issues there.  However, my invoice now says my deposit (formerly refundable) is now non-refundable.  I will be calling next week….

On 10/9/2021 at 2:18 PM, Fairsailing said:

Beware and make sure to look at your invoices!   I was switched directly to the same cabin on Wonder so no issues there.  However, my invoice now says my deposit (formerly refundable) is now non-refundable.  I will be calling next week….

Let us know if they correct that.

As I noted above, we were downgraded from Owner's Panoramic Suite to 1-Bd ATS.

Royal agent tried real hard to convince me not to cancel because we get to keep Star Class benefits and how nice the ATS is, blah, blah, blah--nice guy.

However, we lost a lot of square footage from our suite, so cancelled.

If anyone interested, there should be a 1-Bd ATS that just opened up on the May 22 sailing from Barcelona.

13 minutes ago, Sue F said:

Just got an email from RC saying they are sorry they haven’t moved us yet but it’s taking longer than expected and it will now be sometime before November 3!! 

Which SUCKS!!!

Agree..and very annoying that our  cabin hasn’t been re allocated for a May cruise, when others with same cabin category in July have !!!!!

• Like 1

We remain extremely disappointed in how poorly Royal has handled the transition of the more expensive full suite reservations to the Wonder - downgrading most of us booked in CLS (and above) to JS - and then asking us to pay full fare.  Offering the same Sky/Star class amenities plus a (very) small OBC doesn't come close to justifying paying (much more) than those who had originally booked JS.

However...  We've decided not to cancel at this time.  We are hoping that over the next 6-8 months that we'll be moved up to a full suite, should someone cancel their reservation (Grand Suite or above).

We will wait until it's time to pay the remainder of our fare before we make a final decision on this cruise.

Even though our deposit is classified as "non-refundable" - all that means is that they won't give us our deposit back.  Instead, we'll get most of the deposit as a Future Cruise Credit, less a small change fee ($100 per person).  And since we already have another cruise booked in early 2023, we should be able to apply the FCC from the Wonder cruise.

So there really isn't any urgency to cancel before our October 20 full refund deadline...

After they've finished processing the huge number of reservations affected by the Wonder sailing changes (which could be over 300,000) - once they are out of crisis mode, Royal Caribbean needs to reconsider their policy for transitioning reservations between ships:

• Cabins should be assigned on the new ship, based on priority - original cabin class and then within that use date of reservation and/or C&A points
  • When reservations are moved to a lower category, the fare should be repriced based on what the fare for the new cabin would have been when the original reservation was made
  • If the amenities are downgraded (Star to Sky or Sky to Sea), the customer should have the option for purchasing those amenities (at a reasonable price)
  • And, as compensation for the inconvenience, they should include an OBC, based on the number of nights of the cruise

While the above process would have impacted more reservations moved from Allure to Wonder, it would have been viewed as a fair process - and those downgraded (likely just one category) would be willing to accept it, if they believed there were treated fairly...

• Haha 1

Dear Guest,

We previously shared that we were moving your reservation to Wonder of the Seas in a like-for-like stateroom by 13 October 2021.

Unfortunately, it's taking us longer than expected. We're sorry for the delay, our teams are working around the clock to get your reservation updated. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests. We now expect to have all moves completed by 3 November 2021.

Please note that there's no need to call us, and no additional action is necessary on your part. We'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. In the meantime, we ask that you please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us via our webchat service.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sue F said:

Just got an email from RC saying they are sorry they haven’t moved us yet but it’s taking longer than expected and it will now be sometime before November 3!! 

Which SUCKS!!!

Did they extend the deadline to cancel since they won't be done?  How can I cancel by the 20th if I'm still waiting to see where they put me since my cabin is sold?  🤔

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Did they extend the deadline to cancel since they won't be done?  How can I cancel by the 20th if I'm still waiting to see where they put me since my cabin is sold?  🤔

Good question, there was certainly no mention of it in the email 🙄