Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

Original trip: Eastbound TA orig Allure sail date of 24 APR 2022

Date moved: 28 Sept 2021

Allure category: Central Park View Balcony

Wonder category: Central Park View Balcony

Are you happy or disappointed?  We were reassigned to the same stateroom number on Wonder, but unfortunately configuration changed from a non-connecting cabin to a connecting cabin.  Just called the C&A D+ desk and the 1st agent moved us to an open non-connecting CP View balcony on Deck 12.  I specifically questioned him to confirm this cabin change would not change the fare and he said correct.  We were shocked when the updated confirmation hit our e-mail because the cruise fare more than doubled!!!  I immediately called back to get this corrected.  After speaking to a different agent and a brief hold for supervisor, the 2nd agent came back and said not to worry, the pricing will be corrected in a few days so be patient.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bob_Houston said:

So, basically we're paying for our CLS, but getting a cabin 1/2 the size, with the same amenities, and for our troubles, we're getting $10.71 per day per person to make up for the smaller cabin.

Did they give you a JS on the bump-out with the larger balcony? That's what we got on Deck 11 for being bumped from a CLS on the TA. Not that it really matters. Just curious if others are getting the larger balcony as a consolation prize.

I've been hot under the collar since receiving my Wonder assignment.  I needed to take some time away from the boards and talk to my husband about what will be acceptable.  We were in a Star Loft Suite for the westbound TA and were downgraded to a JS.  I understand there are less Star Class suites on Wonder, but to move a Star Class customer to a junior suite is beyond unacceptable!  I'm on hold right now and will report back to let you know if they accept what we are proposing.  We sail Star Class frequently and are still in shock that Royal thought this would be an acceptable swap!

Edited by PK34
  • Thanks 2

Although our TA for the Wonder hasn't shown up yet, the Western Med is back up however they moved us from #8214 we had on the Allure to quite a bit forward and Starboard for the Med to #8564. Hopefully my TA can move us back. Since our sailings are not b2b now, it doesn't matter as much if we are in the same cabin since we have to pack up for 4 days but would prefer more mid ship. 

• Like 1

Sailing Date: April 20, 2022

Date you were moved: September 28, 2021

Allure Cabin Category: Outside Balcony

Wonder Cabin Category: Outside Balcony.  Same cabin number.

Are you happy or disappointed about your relocated cabin?  Happy.

We have the same cabin number.  Our switch was easy.  I am sorry for the ones who will not be able to enjoy the cruise in the cabins they originally booked.

It will still be a great cruise anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PK34 said:

I've been hot under the collar since receiving my Wonder assignment.  I needed to take some time away from the boards and talk to my husband about what will be acceptable.  We were in a Star Loft Suite for the westbound TA and were downgraded to a JS.  I understand there are less Star Class suites on Wonder, but to move a Star Class customer to a junior suite is beyond unacceptable!  I'm on hold right now and will report back to let you know if they accept what we are proposing.  We sail Star Class frequently and are still in shock that Royal thought this would be an acceptable swap!

Wow! We were in a Star Loft Suite on the Eastbound TA and were moved to an Owner’s Suite. I would be livid if I were you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lauren Spray said:

I forgot to say that the switch to the 20th forced us to cancel our Celebrity Apex cruise that is sailing April 23rd, so not real happy about that.  Consolation prize: we switched to the 5 day Wonder sailing on the 15th.

Lauri

Lauri, my TA spoke with her RCCL Rep and looking into getting us a better room for the Med & more Mid ship, will see what she is able to do. Don't know on the TA yet. many are getting same cabins so don't understand why we weren't given the same. Anything in the 8208 to 24 range would be alright or even Starboard  but not #8564.

When we were bumped from CLS to JS, we did get one of the JS on the bump with what appears to be a deeper balcony - though until someone can show photos or closeup videos of the ship, unclear how much more space we will get being on the bump.

For those bumped from Star Loft to OS or JS - it's unfortunate that Royal decided to remove that suite class along with 17 of the 25 CLS.

Your offer will likely be like ours - you'll pay the lower of your original fare or the current fare for the new cabin - and because the fares are 2-3X from last year's fare, it likely means you'll pay the same for the OS/JS as you were going to pay for the SLS.  What they should do is charge you the lower of the current fare of the new cabin OR the fare for that cabin on the Allure when you booked your reservation.  What they're doing means you're likely paying (much) more than others in your new cabin class - who also made their reservations last year.

They should still be providing you Star Class.  We had Star class in an AQ 2 bedroom on the Allure a few weeks ago - and it was absolutely fantastic.  With the genie and all of the Star amenities, you should be able to avoid what will likely be an overcrowded suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen when they add up to 28 JS to Sky/Star class.

Your offer likely also includes $300 of onboard credit - which they appear to be doing for 7 night and 14 night cruise.

Getting moved from SLS to OS and keeping Star Class, isn't too bad.  While the OS aren't as large as SLS, they are still spacious cabins.

But getting moved from SLS to JS is extremely unfair.  Even with Star Class, you're going to be in a cabin that's less than 1/2 the size of an SLS and a balcony that's likely no more than 1/4 of the size.  We've looked carefully at the JS - compared to SLS, CLS, OS and GS - it has very little countertop space - a tiny round coffee table and a relatively small desk (not sure it's deep enough for a full-size laptop). 

Even with Star Class for a JS, if you end up paying the current JS fare and get Star Class, offering $300 per cabin as compensation for the much smaller cabin doesn't come close to making you whole.

Unlike cancellations due to COVID - this situation is entirely within Royal Caribbean's control - they decided to swap Wonder for Allure, they decided not to move some of the more expensive full suite reservations down to JS, and they decided to make this offer (that in the case of downgrades to JS don't come close to being reasonable).

Call the Resolutions phone number and complain to them about this.  If you have a TA - have them do it.  While the Resolutions department can't do anything about it - because the Revenue department is responsible for this mess, at least they'll log more full suite customer complaints, and maybe that will get the Revenue department to wake up and do more to fix this.

We still have a few weeks to see improvement before we lose our ability to get a 100% refund...

2 hours ago, Bob_Houston said:

When we were bumped from CLS to JS, we did get one of the JS on the bump with what appears to be a deeper balcony - though until someone can show photos or closeup videos of the ship, unclear how much more space we will get being on the bump.

For those bumped from Star Loft to OS or JS - it's unfortunate that Royal decided to remove that suite class along with 17 of the 25 CLS.

Your offer will likely be like ours - you'll pay the lower of your original fare or the current fare for the new cabin - and because the fares are 2-3X from last year's fare, it likely means you'll pay the same for the OS/JS as you were going to pay for the SLS.  What they should do is charge you the lower of the current fare of the new cabin OR the fare for that cabin on the Allure when you booked your reservation.  What they're doing means you're likely paying (much) more than others in your new cabin class - who also made their reservations last year.

They should still be providing you Star Class.  We had Star class in an AQ 2 bedroom on the Allure a few weeks ago - and it was absolutely fantastic.  With the genie and all of the Star amenities, you should be able to avoid what will likely be an overcrowded suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen when they add up to 28 JS to Sky/Star class.

Your offer likely also includes $300 of onboard credit - which they appear to be doing for 7 night and 14 night cruise.

Getting moved from SLS to OS and keeping Star Class, isn't too bad.  While the OS aren't as large as SLS, they are still spacious cabins.

But getting moved from SLS to JS is extremely unfair.  Even with Star Class, you're going to be in a cabin that's less than 1/2 the size of an SLS and a balcony that's likely no more than 1/4 of the size.  We've looked carefully at the JS - compared to SLS, CLS, OS and GS - it has very little countertop space - a tiny round coffee table and a relatively small desk (not sure it's deep enough for a full-size laptop). 

Even with Star Class for a JS, if you end up paying the current JS fare and get Star Class, offering $300 per cabin as compensation for the much smaller cabin doesn't come close to making you whole.

Unlike cancellations due to COVID - this situation is entirely within Royal Caribbean's control - they decided to swap Wonder for Allure, they decided not to move some of the more expensive full suite reservations down to JS, and they decided to make this offer (that in the case of downgrades to JS don't come close to being reasonable).

Call the Resolutions phone number and complain to them about this.  If you have a TA - have them do it.  While the Resolutions department can't do anything about it - because the Revenue department is responsible for this mess, at least they'll log more full suite customer complaints, and maybe that will get the Revenue department to wake up and do more to fix this.

We still have a few weeks to see improvement before we lose our ability to get a 100% refund...

I’m the one that got bumped from a SLS to a JS. I got absolutely no where with the resolutions department today. I have sent an email to mbayley. I’ll post back what happens. I’m not holding my breath!  Still shocked and appalled at my huge downgrade🥲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sailing Date: October 30, 2022

Date you were moved: 

Allure Cabin Category: Boardwalk Balcony

Wonder Cabin Category:

Are you happy or disappointed about your relocated cabin?  STILL WAITING AND MY CABIN THAT WAS FOR SALE ISN'T ANYMORE!  MAYBE THE PLANNER WILL UPDATE TODAY??😔

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Sailing Date: October 30, 2022

Date you were moved: 

Allure Cabin Category: Boardwalk Balcony

Wonder Cabin Category:

Are you happy or disappointed about your relocated cabin?  STILL WAITING AND MY CABIN THAT WAS FOR SALE ISN'T ANYMORE!  MAYBE THE PLANNER WILL UPDATE TODAY??😔

Keep checking, Kim.  It sounds like they're working on the balconies now.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Hmmm......still waiting on status of suite on May 26 sailing..........

I have been watching ours for a good week now and late last night, the Wonder TA for April 20th suddenly appeared with same cabin # we had on the Allure. The Western Med came through 2 days ago. We had a balcony on Deck 8 with the Allure that got moved way forward on the Wonder and my TA got that shifted to a better location on Deck 9.

Sailing Date: May 22, 2022

Date you were moved: September 28, 2021

Allure Cabin Category: Outside Balcony

Wonder Cabin Category: Outside Balcony.  Same cabin number.

Are you happy or disappointed about your relocated cabin?  Happy!

I guess my friends and I should count ourselves very lucky as we are booked on the July 3rd cruise out of Barcelona and got notice last week that our side by side 1 bedroom Grand Suites on Deck 10 on Allure were switched to Grand Suites 1714 and 1716 on Wonder so we're still next to each other and got what appears to be the slightly larger balconies due to the curve on that deck.  Haven't gotten the new pricing invoice but expect with the price hold, we should be looking at the same price tag.

All in all, we're super excited about the switch and experiencing the Suite Neighborhood life!

• Like 1

If you're in the group of full suite reservations (Panoramic, Star Loft, Crown Loft, Grand 2 bedroom) moved into a Junior Suite and you're not satisfied with the offer they are providing:

• Contact your travel agent ASAP and request their assistance
  • Call Royal Caribbean at 888-281-9344 or 800-526-9723 to discuss the situation and express your disappointment

Even though this impacts a relatively small number of reservations (over 600?) originally booked on the Allure and moved to the Wonder, unless Royal Caribbean hears from their customers, it's unlikely they'll do anything to provide a better resolution.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to directly talk to the group responsible for the transfers - but if enough people raise concerns, that might get that group to reconsider what they've done.

Because the deadline is October 20 to request a full refund, you shouldn't wait to act on this - while there is still time for Royal Caribbean to handle this situation better...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob_Houston said:

If you're in the group of full suite reservations (Panoramic, Star Loft, Crown Loft, Grand 2 bedroom) moved into a Junior Suite and you're not satisfied with the offer they are providing:

• Contact your travel agent ASAP and request their assistance
  • Call Royal Caribbean at 888-281-9344 or 800-526-9723 to discuss the situation and express your disappointment

Even though this impacts a relatively small number of reservations (over 600?) originally booked on the Allure and moved to the Wonder, unless Royal Caribbean hears from their customers, it's unlikely they'll do anything to provide a better resolution.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to directly talk to the group responsible for the transfers - but if enough people raise concerns, that might get that group to reconsider what they've done.

Because the deadline is October 20 to request a full refund, you shouldn't wait to act on this - while there is still time for Royal Caribbean to handle this situation better...

Beat A Dead Horse Award G1990 This award is given to for not knoVing when the subject is dead Awarded by; This day of2 N U.S.A text font

Edited by Jimbo

Pulled the plug! 

I called Club Royale today and cancelled our transfered Wonder cruise. Originally we had a crown Loft suite on Allure´s TA in April plus two b2b cruises booked. We got the short end of the stick and got downgraded to a JS. It was in good location on the hump and they offered 300,- $ plus keeping the suite privileges. But that doesn´t ad up in the end. Especially if I think about being on Wonder in a JS while the people next door probably had a JS on Allure booked and now are staying in the same room for half our cruise fare 🤮 So I checked all other cruises Royal is offering in April/May. We still had some FCC to burn... And I found something we are very happy with. We booked Allure again! End April Allure does 8night eastern and southern carib cruises. The cruises are "new" and suites are readily available! And the best thing is, that suites are moderate priced! So we got our crown loft for 16 nights after all and are satisfied with it! 😌 I wish everyone who got their equal transition to Wonder "wonderful" cruises anyway! Cheers!   

• Like 2