Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

2 hours ago, Canadianmama3 said:

Just checked and we have been moved for our July 2022 cruise. 

We were booked on Allure in a promenade view cabin.  Got upgraded to a Central Park balcony cabin on Wonder. Nice!!!! 

That’s a great upgrade!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

IMHO the CLS is worth more than an OS. Semi-private deck next to the SL/CK, two bathrooms, extra deep balcony, and the loft are all unique.

Depends on what means more to you, the room or the balcony.... and how much time you want to spend in the SL/CK.  The CLS cabin is more impressive at first, until you get tired of the stairs.  The balcony is better in the OS compared to the mediocre balcony in the CLS, especially if you don't get a CLS with an ocean view. The 2 bathrooms in the CLS would mean more to me if one had a bathtub and the other had the megashower, though I hear some Oasis class ships have a tub in the CLS.

As for deck 17, I just thought it felt isolated and too far from most of the ship's venues.  I don't want to feel compelled to run up to the SL when  I need another drink and I like to experience all of the restaurants, not just the CK.  I guess if you don't want to pay for the UDP/DBP it makes more sense to be on deck 17, or if you aren't into any events or venues.  

So was suppose to be on Harmony of the Seas July 2021. Switched over to Allure of the Seas, June 16, 2022 (both out of Rome). Booked a Ocean View Balcony 10292 towards the back. So funny but I guess I got an "upgrade" NOT to a D1 Ocean View Balcony 7272. hmmm deck 10 to 7 doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade to me. Called but can not do anything for me because I haven't received the official email. Currently no Ocean View Balconies available anyways. Also, I will be asking Royal too, but I did book with a refundable deposit, and the final payment is in March 2022, will the refundable deposit still be honored? Lastly, any thoughts on stateroom 7272?

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I guess if you don't want to pay for the UDP/DBP it makes more sense to be on deck 17, or if you aren't into any events or venues.  

Not sure what you mean. All of the CLS are close to the aft elevators, and most venues are a short walk from there. Having two bathrooms makes it easy for both of us to get ready to go out to dinner at the same time. It can be rationalized any way you want, but two bathrooms is always better than one in my book.

37 minutes ago, excitedtocruise said:

I did book with a refundable deposit, and the final payment is in March 2022, will the refundable deposit still be honored?

Assuming your booking has stayed refundable through the various switches, yes. BTW, your new D1 cabin is certainly an upgrade from the D3 you had.

9 hours ago, white2018 said:

Sailing Date: September 11th 2022

Date you were moved: 1st October 2021

Allure Cabin Category: 1V - Interior cabin

Wonder Cabin Category: 2T - Promenade View Interior cabin 

This is the 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise for my husband and I. We’re sailing out of Barcelona and extremely happy with our cabin relocation, so relieved to have finally received confirmation! 

We have been eagerly following this interesting thread and daily checking our cruise planner. At the moment, our invoice has increased with the cabin upgrade but we’re hoping within a couple of days this will revert back to the original price 🤞

Very nice upgrade, Congrats!!

8 hours ago, Canadianmama3 said:

Just checked and we have been moved for our July 2022 cruise. 

We were booked on Allure in a promenade view cabin.  Got upgraded to a Central Park balcony cabin on Wonder. Nice!!!! 

Congrats!

8 hours ago, excitedtocruise said:

So was suppose to be on Harmony of the Seas July 2021. Switched over to Allure of the Seas, June 16, 2022 (both out of Rome). Booked a Ocean View Balcony 10292 towards the back. So funny but I guess I got an "upgrade" NOT to a D1 Ocean View Balcony 7272. hmmm deck 10 to 7 doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade to me. Called but can not do anything for me because I haven't received the official email. Currently no Ocean View Balconies available anyways. Also, I will be asking Royal too, but I did book with a refundable deposit, and the final payment is in March 2022, will the refundable deposit still be honored? Lastly, any thoughts on stateroom 7272?

If you booked with a TA, then contact your TA and see if they've received the e-mail.  Royal didn't provide any communication to us about the Allure to Wonder change - all communications have been directly with our TA.

If you don't have a TA, then they should be contacting you - and that e-mail should contain the terms of their offer to move you to the Wonder, including any terms for requesting a full refund.

Even if they don't provide a full refund,  you may still be able to transfer all or most of your deposit to a replacement cruise.

At least for the October transatlantic cruise, we had the option to request a full refund - though that might be because we ended up with a multiple cabin category downgrade (to a cabin that likely cost less than half of our original cabin) or because the cruise now ends in Port Canaveral instead of Galveston.

11 hours ago, karl_nj said:

Well, as I feared, RCL managed to mess up my relocation too.  They moved me from connecting balcony cabins to two non-connecting cabins on Wonder.

Reach out to your TA or Royal Caribbean directly ASAP and see if they can move you back.  Though if they've already assigned all of the cabins, you'll be in the same position we are - "take it or leave it".  At least you're in the same class of cabin - we got shifted to one that's less than 1/2 the size we reserved.

Just logged in to find that my room was finally assigned, and I got an upgrade! I was in an oceanview room on Allure, but now I got upgraded to an oceanview balcony on the 7th floor! Woot woot!! I think the location is pretty awesome as it's just a few rooms down from the aft elevators and right between the Boardwalk and Central Park! Thanks, Royal Caribbean!

Edited by kayjaypea42
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Just logged in to find that my room was finally assigned, and I got an upgrade! I was in an oceanview room on Allure, but now I got upgraded to an oceanview balcony on the 7th floor! Woot woot!! I think the location is pretty awesome as it's just a few rooms down from the aft elevators and right between the Boardwalk and Central Park! Thanks, Royal Caribbean!

Terrific upgrade - congrats!

• Like 1

Wow the prices have gone up, just checked my Allure med cruise 2020 price, similar cabin, same time of year, similar route, to Wonder next summer and it's gone up over 100%

Yeap I know there's a new ship premium, but still.....

So thanks, but no thanks.

Congrats to everyone who got a good price on Allure for next summer and have now found themselves on Wonder.

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pratique said:

Not sure what you mean. All of the CLS are close to the aft elevators, and most venues are a short walk from there. Having two bathrooms makes it easy for both of us to get ready to go out to dinner at the same time. It can be rationalized any way you want, but two bathrooms is always better than one in my book.

Sorry I should have been more clear…. I meant  the stairs within the suite get old, not talking about needing stairs to access 17 deck. Of course there are elevators that is correct. As for the bathrooms, hubby doesn’t really hog the bathroom much and I’d take one bathroom with a tub over two without. I’m told other ships have a tub in one of the CLS bathrooms but not Oasis class. 

57 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Sorry I should have been more clear…. I meant  the stairs within the suite get old, not talking about needing stairs to access 17 deck. Of course there are elevators that is correct. As for the bathrooms, hubby doesn’t really hog the bathroom much and I’d take one bathroom with a tub over two without. I’m told other ships have a tub in one of the CLS bathrooms but not Oasis class. 

CLS certainly has the wow factor over OS when you first walk on in, but once that fades, the practicality of the narrow space and stairs hits you. Plus, there is nothing better than lying in bed at night in OS with the balcony door open, sea breeze and sound of the ocean. You just don’t get that in CLS. Having said that, I guess we won’t be hearing the ocean from 18th deck anyway. 

1 hour ago, GlenG said:

CLS certainly has the wow factor over OS when you first walk on in, but once that fades, the practicality of the narrow space and stairs hits you. Plus, there is nothing better than lying in bed at night in OS with the balcony door open, sea breeze and sound of the ocean. You just don’t get that in CLS. Having said that, I guess we won’t be hearing the ocean from 18th deck anyway. 

Agree 100%, no need for our bed to be on another level where I have to go up and down stairs to access it. Very inconvenient. We like the cabin cool, all those windows will make it warmer if we leave the blinds/curtains open and if we have to leave them closed, what's the point of the large windows.

Like you I also wouldn't like how narrow the cabin is compared to an OS.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

Just checked my b2b after reading here that people are getting their cabins allocated, pleased Royal have kept us in the exact same cabin as we booked on Allure. 8290 for both parts, didn’t want to move for the second cruise.Dianne

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bob_Houston said:

At least for the October transatlantic cruise, we had the option to request a full refund - though that might be because we ended up with a multiple cabin category downgrade (to a cabin that likely cost less than half of our original cabin) or because the cruise now ends in Port Canaveral instead of Galveston.

Neither, RCI typically allows for refunds for ship replacements.

Originally booked on Allure of the Seas for Sept. 2022

Re-booked on Wonder of the Seas for Sept. 2022

Allure Cabin - 12,194

Wonder Cabin - 12, 250

I've been moved from a cabin with a balcony in the middle of the hump to one just on the edge with a diagonal balcony.  On the Allure, these cabins are different categories,  i.e. 12,194 was a 2C and 12,250 was a 2D... slightly cheaper category presumably because the balcony is not as large nor is the view from the balcony as good looking forward on the ship.

On the Wonder, both cabin locations are now classified as a 2C.  So RCL has found a way to charge the same price for different size balconies. I haven't received a confirmation email from them yet and only found my new cabin assignment by checking myself.  Not very happy with the cabin they placed me in so calling to complain. Not expecting much, however, from the other comments already posted here. 

Sailing Date: Transatlantic 30 Oct 2022

Date you were moved: 24 September 2021

Allure Cabin Category: GS

Wonder Cabin Category: JS

Booked cruise in 2020.  GS cost $7513.04

Received downgrade notice with option to accept downgrade with Sky benefits & $300 OBC or full refund.  Letter stated “ your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

New fare is $7713.04 which is $200.00 higher than my booked fare.  No invoice detailing the increase even though I asked for it.  If this latest price stands, the true OBC is only $100.  

To further our frustration, our cruise was booked at the same time as another family member. Both of us booked GS and both were charged $7513.04. Our reservations were also linked. Our family member was transferred to a GS on Wonder (happy for them)!  They also received an increase, but their fare is less than ours.  This just doesn’t make sense.  As with all of the others in this thread, after calling Royal, the bottom line is ‘take it or leave it’.  Still up in the air as to our plans. 

We were booked in the Royal Loft Suite on Allure for the East Bound TA in April 2022. We are now booked in the same room on Wonder. Not a surprise since there is only one of those rooms on the ship. Only "issue" is that on Allure, the room faces the back of the ship and has basically 2 decks, one facing the back of the ship (basketball court, etc) and one on the side. The RLS on Wonder faces the front of the ship and I can only assume they have something set up to stop the wind. Perhaps there will be no forward facing deck and they will replace it with windows and turn the room around to face the side of the ship and that will have the only deck. I can't find any pics (actual or renderings) that show the room so who knows. But I am happy nonetheless. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CDS6286 said:

Received downgrade notice with option to accept downgrade with Sky benefits & $300 OBC or full refund.  Letter stated “ your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

New fare is $7713.04 which is $200.00 higher than my booked fare.  No invoice detailing the increase even though I asked for it.  If this latest price stands, the true OBC is only $100.  

To further our frustration, our cruise was booked at the same time as another family member. Both of us booked GS and both were charged $7513.04. Our reservations were also linked. Our family member was transferred to a GS on Wonder (happy for them)!  They also received an increase, but their fare is less than ours.  This just doesn’t make sense.  As with all of the others in this thread, after calling Royal, the bottom line is ‘take it or leave it’.  Still up in the air as to our plans. 

Did you have any FCC applied to the original booking? When they moved us it took another 24-48 hours for the updated value minus FCC to show so might be that?

14 hours ago, CDS6286 said:

Is the extra $200 for port fees?  Might be due to the 3 additional ports we're stopping at during the TA as opposed to the original itinerary?

12 hours ago, mmourges said:

We were booked in the Royal Loft Suite on Allure for the East Bound TA in April 2022. We are now booked in the same room on Wonder. Not a surprise since there is only one of those rooms on the ship. Only "issue" is that on Allure, the room faces the back of the ship and has basically 2 decks, one facing the back of the ship (basketball court, etc) and one on the side. The RLS on Wonder faces the front of the ship and I can only assume they have something set up to stop the wind. Perhaps there will be no forward facing deck and they will replace it with windows and turn the room around to face the side of the ship and that will have the only deck. I can't find any pics (actual or renderings) that show the room so who knows. But I am happy nonetheless. Good luck to all.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Wonder-Of-The-Seas-2165

check here for what the Royal Loft Suite looks like.

12 hours ago, mmourges said:

First, congratulations on keeping the RLS!

I found a long-range photo of the side of the Wonder with the RLS.  Despite the deck plan that indicates the RLS would have a balcony exposed to the front, it appears from the photo that the suite neighborhood is squared off more than the deck plan shows, and the RLS may have a large windbreak, with the balcony facing much more towards the side. 

Seems unlikely they would have designed the ship so the most expensive suite wouldn't have a completely usable - and enjoyable balcony!

I haven't been able to find any postings yet with the floor plans for the actual Wonder cabins.  Anything that non-Royal websites are posting appears to be based on floor plans for other Oasis class ships, and might not reflect the floor plans on the Wonder.  Royal used to include the floor plans for each cabin on their website - but they discontinued that a few years ago.

If you're concerned, request your TA or Royal to provide more details on the Wonder's RLS layout.