Web site glitchy

subvet76

5 hours ago, subvet76 said:

Anybody having trouble with viewing existing reservations on the Celebrity web site? It keeps asking for second guest information that is already in there. Other issues too.

no issues with cruise planner here

6 hours ago, subvet76 said:

Anybody having trouble with viewing existing reservations on the Celebrity web site? It keeps asking for second guest information that is already in there. Other issues too.

Celebrity is known to have bad websites and bad computer systems.  Sometimes the answer is "try again later".  I speak from experience.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

Celebrity is known to have bad websites and bad computer systems.  Sometimes the answer is "try again later".  I speak from experience.

Very nicely and generously stated! The website is simply awful and it sometimes just doesn't work and then sometimes it does.  And no one at Celebrity knows anything about it!

5 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Very nicely and generously stated! The website is simply awful and it sometimes just doesn't work and then sometimes it does.  And no one at Celebrity knows anything about it!

The IT group is housed on the outskirts of Miami in a secret underground bunker where the peasants with the torches and pitchforks can't find them!

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, subvet76 said:

I use Mac and IOS devices. Even tried different browsers.

I use a wide variety of Apple devices and have had no similar problem as recently as half an hour ago. If clearing your cache doesn't resolve your problem, try using a Private Window. Otherwise, give it a day or two and the problem may disappear as quickly as it appeared.

18 minutes ago, canderson said:

The IT group is housed on the outskirts of Miami in a secret underground bunker where the peasants with the torches and pitchforks can't find them!

You are so wrong!  If they worked in a bunker they would have better computer systems and high speed internet.  More likely they are working at home, at a coffee shop, on the beach.

The main website was written in 1999 by a computer science intern who couldn't get a job at IBM.

• Haha 2

I get frustrated with their website but then again I realize that it must difficult for anyone to keep up and constantly change stuff when ever the operating system changes.   

Using a IPad and Apple phone the apps and safari are completely different on both.  I don’t use a laptop or base station and don’t use windows but I am guessing it should the same issue for those.  It may be a lot to keep up with but I don’t know how hard it is as I am not a IT person.   I am lucky to be able to read emails and browse using safari 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 9/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, subvet76 said:

I’m having the same issue regarding the second guest info……it’s already there- I was going to call them tomorrow.   

11 hours ago, miched said:

I get frustrated with their website but then again I realize that it must difficult for anyone to keep up and constantly change stuff when ever the operating system changes.   

Using a IPad and Apple phone the apps and safari are completely different on both.  I don’t use a laptop or base station and don’t use windows but I am guessing it should the same issue for those.  It may be a lot to keep up with but I don’t know how hard it is as I am not a IT person.   I am lucky to be able to read emails and browse using safari 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

X doesn't do enough testing when they make changes......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, subvet76 said:

Same issue here. We are all checked in for our cruise on Thursday and all of the sudden this popped up. 

I thought there was a problem yesterday when I was booking some excursions for our next cruise. I couldn’t find a place to pay with my credit card( usually I have to put the long number in etc)

Then low & behold, I had an email  to confirm my booking.

I wondered if I had been gifted free excursions!😱

I then looked closely at the confirmation and noticed that they had used the details from my credit card which I used for our last staycation.

Not sure that I like the fact that they have my credit card on file.🙈

50 minutes ago, zitsky said:

@cbfb So you are already checked in.  Then you went back to check something and it's asking for more info?

Yes. I went to the website not the app because I have been having issues with the perks and wanted to check if they corrected it. That is where I saw the tab to complete the info. I can get into it, and all the info is there, but after I click on save that tab doesn’t go away. 

There are definitely some issues going on and I have been experiencing the same problem with the info tab. For example, we are booked for Dec 16th and paid in full, when I go in to check on flights it automatically brings up my wife's info page asking for it to be updated. Some of the information is pre-filled so I fill in the remaining blanks, hit "Save and continue" and it tells me Guest information cannot be changed and to call customer service. So I finally called Captain's Club, the rep updated all our information (3 days ago now) and just now the account still shows the same info and does the same thing. Very frustrating, fortunately there's still plenty of time to fix it.

Additional item, on the app, our Check in had been showing October 31st but just now it says Check in closed. It seems like it changes back and forth every few days, weird.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, subvet76 said:

I had 2 cruises rebooked which required new booking numbers.  Both are appearing on the site without dining/excursions info.  One of the old booking numbers is showing also, INTACT with dining/excursions, etc...but under a NEW cabin number.  Also have the request to complete 2nd guest window...which is already there.  I wonder how long it will take the webmaster to resolve these issues.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, zitsky said:

Yep. X is also owned by Royal, whose web functionality has been even worse than X's over the years. From all I can see, the same general IT crew handles both webs. Like the admins for the Celebrity app use both "celebrity" and "rccl" as email contacts, either one works. Although this doesn't explain why X's site at least "looks" better, a little more elegant and complete, than Royal's.

I've found that Celebrity.com is very iffy from one day to the next. Some days it's fine, other days not. Doesn't matter which browser (I have several installed on my laptop) or OS (e.g. Windows 7 Pro or Android), it's the website. But I do clear my browser cache regularly, several times a day.

Edited by Moonarino
clarity

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Sure they do, we the passengers/potential passengers are the testers... LOL

bon voyage

Bo, Celebrity called me because they've been trying to reach you.  As one of their best customers, you've been given access to a special website for future cruises.  It is.

http://doesnotwork.celebrity.com

😇

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Html (web code) is designed to be relatively independent of operating systems (like Safari is Apple and others are Windows-first designs, so to speak, yet both or all can view the same websites). Operating systems don't change nearly as often as websites, the vast majority of which are constantly tweaked toward "improvements" or security. This is almost always the reason for one problem or another that we're forced to suffer with.

Edited by Moonarino

47 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Yep. X is also owned by Royal, whose web functionality has been even worse than X's over the years.

Agreed, the functionality of Royal Caribbean International's website has been worse than Celebrity's at times. However, they do not own Celebrity. Both cruise lines are owned and operated by the Royal Caribbean Group.