When do I start paying attention to covid protocols for Nov 15 cruise?

BuckeyeMark

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some very recent reports have suggested that during the health screening questions on the day before boarding, there's the ability to upload the vaccination record.

OK. That's a little different. We don't sail Royal until November but I don't know as I'd bother unless all of a sudden they require it...which I doubt they will.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

I think the easy refunds and testing go hand-in-hand. Easy refunds encourage honesty and make people more comfortable with possibility of not cruising right before sail date. Testing without refund policy would be tougher sell.

I think testing positive will be the only refund option.

Just received the email mrlevin posted.  Option 3 is new.  We have our emed tests, just don't want to worry about getting tested and will we get the results.  Hopefully everything works out for our Thanksgiving cruise.  Of course we are flying AA and I see where they have fired a bunch of people for not getting vaxed.

22 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

hope I don't regret opening my mouth, but I don't see things getting any "tighter".  I cannot think of anything that could get more restricted and still be viable for people to want to cruise.

Bubble excursions only, even for the vaxxed. Still the policy in many European ports. 

The good news is the world seems to be in lessen or hold mode, not into tightening restrictions. 

Uploading of vax card are only in ports that allow "vaccine passports" aka the cruise ports that required you to show the card. If you sail from FL you probably won't ever see the link to upload a picture, since they don't require but recommend. I also think that until at least the end of Feb, we will be with these protocols, so if you are sailing between now and then, you should be paying attention. I am sure the CSO will be extended until at least Jan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ampurp85 said:

Uploading of vax card are only in ports that allow "vaccine passports" aka the cruise ports that required you to show the card. If you sail from FL you probably won't ever see the link to upload a picture, since they don't require but recommend

RCL is requiring you to show your vaccination card on cruises out of Florida traveling to countries or ports requiring vaccination. Same with all the other cruise lines. No card, you will not board.

1 hour ago, ampurp85 said:

Uploading of vax card are only in ports that allow "vaccine passports" aka the cruise ports that required you to show the card. If you sail from FL you probably won't ever see the link to upload a picture, since they don't require but recommend. I also think that until at least the end of Feb, we will be with these protocols, so if you are sailing between now and then, you should be paying attention. I am sure the CSO will be extended until at least Jan.

No, it is a requirement even in Florida 

It is not a requirement in FL, it is a requirement on ships going to particular ports. Hence why most sailing from FL don't have that option to upload your vax card on the app. Some ports required proof of vax since the restart, FL wasn't one. I wasn't talking about whether you will have to show card, but whether it could be uploaded in the app.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, BuckeyeMark said:

This is all very helpful.  No kids so we don't have to worry about that.  Both wife and I are vaxxed.

Looks like I'd better start thinking about that testing business.  If the ship sails Monday I need to have the test Saturday or after?

You may wish to get the PCR Test around the end of October.  If positive you still have time to quarantine and then take a couple of rapid tests, one after quarantine to make sure you aren't still positive and one  the Saturday before your cruise so you have the latest results.

If the PCR Test is negative, then follow mask and social distance protocols to help make sure your pre-cruise test on that Saturday stay negative.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

It is not a requirement in FL, it is a requirement on ships going to particular ports. Hence why most sailing from FL don't have that option to upload your vax card on the app. Some ports required proof of vax since the restart, FL wasn't one. I wasn't talking about whether you will have to show card, but whether it could be uploaded in the app.

Sailing on Oasis out of Miami in November. The vaccination status upload appeared in the app yesterday. We are not sailing to a country that requires it. 

Or we could go with the logical explanation that it just took Royal IT a little while to update their systems to allow for vaccine card info to be uploaded, and then attached to the passenger account. Easier to verify card is same on file at the port than to have to take pictures and attach it to the guest account at the port (makes check in a little quicker). Any eastern cruise will be vaccine required as of current protocols, (I think all open eastern ports at this time require it), doubt that will change for at least 6 months. It would not surprise me if Mexico followed suit at some time. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:12 AM, Biker19 said:

Some very recent reports have suggested that during the health screening questions on the day before boarding, there's the ability to upload the vaccination record.

I can confirm the ability to upload the record exists, and it is in the app. Was not there a few days ago:) Sailing is still 16 days out, and can upload photo of front, plus they ask for Vaccine manufacturer and date of final vaccination. It is under the check-in section of the app. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:48 AM, lovescats5 said:

Just received the email mrlevin posted.  Option 3 is new.  We have our emed tests, just don't want to worry about getting tested and will we get the results.  Hopefully everything works out for our Thanksgiving cruise.  Of course we are flying AA and I see where they have fired a bunch of people for not getting vaxed.

Where are you sailing from?  My TA was told that November protocols are not out yet

On 9/28/2021 at 10:49 PM, mrlevin said:

Here is the entire email:

Action Required

• Please review the information below regarding Royal Caribbean’s latest update regarding your upcoming sailing.
  • This includes updates to accepted vaccine combinations as well as new pre-cruise testing options.

We appreciate your patience, understanding and continued loyalty. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Please note that these are the protocols currently in place and are subject to change at any time. This includes health protocols for cruises through December 31, 2021.

More details can be found by visiting Royal Caribbean’s Healthy Sail Center page located at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center.

As you know, for guests departing from U.S. homeports, our stance on mixed vaccines has been one that did not support doses from two different vaccine manufacturers to qualify as being fully vaccinated.   Recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clarified their position, now recognizing a mixed combination of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (e.g., 1 dose of Pfizer with 1 dose of Moderna) as fully vaccinated.  The doses must be administered a minimum of 28 days apart.

Given this latest clarification, we have amended our stance to align with the CDC, now recognizing a mixed combination of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) as being fully vaccinated to sail onboard our U.S.-based ships.  Regardless of vaccine brand/combination, it remains unchanged that all guests 12 years and older must complete the vaccine series with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to the sailing in order to be recognized as fully vaccinated.     

Additionally, guests who received 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson, with any other vaccine, are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the Johnson & Johnson shot.

Guests whose two-shot regimen consists of 1 mRNA dose (Pfizer or Moderna) with 1 AstraZeneca dose will not be considered vaccinated.

Pre-cruise Testing Options for guests departing from the U.S.

Note: International guests can use these options only once they have arrived in the U.S.

• Option 1: Test anywhere with At-Home Kits
  • Pros: Order a kit and complete your video-supervised test right at home. Results in as little as 15 minutes.
  • Cons: For vaccinated guests only. We recommend ordering a week before you need it. Only ships within U.S.
  • Price: 2 tests for $69.99 USD; 3 tests for $99.99 USD.
  • Option 2: Go with your own local test provider
    • Pros: Secure test at local pharmacy, lab, public test site, or doctor's office. Available to guests 2 years & older.
    • Cons: Can be hard to find. Results could be delayed.
    • Price: Usually free.
    • The Verdict: Cost effective and you'll know your results before traveling to your cruise. Click here to learn about accepted tests.
  • NEW!!  Option 3: Boarding Day Test at port (Limited capacity | For vaccinated guests only)
  • Pros: A last option if you simply can't find a pre-cruise test or could not secure results in time.
  • Cons: For vaccinated guests only. Limited availability by appointment only. Wait up to an hour for results outside of terminal. Positive result unknown until boarding day.
  • Price: Starts at $99 USD per person.
  • The Verdict: Search out other options first, and if no luck, schedule your appointment 30 minutes prior to sailing check-in time, 24 hours in advance.
  • Note: Guests can only book this option within 30 days prior to departure

@Ourusualbeach the email says protocols thru Dec 2021

49 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I can confirm the ability to upload the record exists, and it is in the app. Was not there a few days ago:) Sailing is still 16 days out, and can upload photo of front, plus they ask for Vaccine manufacturer and date of final vaccination. It is under the check-in section of the app. 

Yea, that seems to have been added just this week. 

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Yea, that seems to have been added just this week. 

Agree. Showed up on my DW's iPhone but strangely enough not on my Samsung Android until after I rebooted. She did the upload. While it's checked off as complete, you cannot actually see it when you open that feature.

Edited by Big_G

On 9/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, ampurp85 said:

@Ronaldo807 Oasis will becoming from a port that required proof of vax status, so it still may be populating in the app. Also if you are going to CocoCay then you are going to a port that requires everyone over 12 being vaxxed.

We are not going to CocoCay

Like all things dealing with Royal IT, ymmv. RCG isn't even consistent across classes or even on the same ship. Freedom has an area to upload a Vax card, but only certain sailings. It may show up and it may not. Either way you still have to show your actual card at the ports when you board.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:48 AM, lovescats5 said:

that's workers not travelers.  Yet...  I fly AA every month and no one has ever asked for vaccine status.