Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

Jim:  I am also following along.  

When we boarded the Millennium on September 17th for our B2B that was the first time we had been on her since we were on that famous Vancouver to Yokohama TP followed by the cruise around Japan.  For those who don't realize what I am referring to -- the itinerary was impacted not by one typhoon but by two.   We met Jim and Iain on those cruises.  In any event, it was stunning to see the changes to the ship.  Some areas are very familiar, others different.

I had to laugh at the photo of the new Alaska Air water containers.  They made that change during the pandemic.  Wine is now served in little cans instead of opening bottles and pouring by the glass.  When we flew down to Seattle we were already seated in our first class seats as the main cabin was loading.  A little girl asked her mom why everyone was drinking milk.  They certainly look like school milk cartons.

And our black seapass cards also weren't outside out door when we boarded.  Actually no seapass cards.  Had to retrieve them from the Retreat Lounge.

Gerry

I went down to the CC Host and she apologized for the Blue Aqua Cards and gave us the Black Zenith ones.    Really didn't matter to us.

As soon as we got to the room  the Stateroom Attendant arrived and said he was swapping our our robes to the Suites Robes.    I just noticed also that the bathroom Amenities are the new Suite

28 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry you did not get the upgrades you requested for this trip. 

i am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Blu vs your experiences in Luminae on Equinox. 

Actually looking forward to Blu.    After awhile the Luminae menu get's really boarding.     To be honest from previous cruises, Blu has more items to choose from than Luminae.    At least on M-Class you can usually order from the Main Dining Room menu in addition to Blu and the Children's Menu. 

I don't know why but I'm hungry right now and we don't go to dinner until about 8:30-8:45.

I was just looking at the menu on the App..    Tonight the Signature Items are -

DiJon-Glaed Salmon Salad

Roasted Chicken Breast

Filet Mignon

They also now have a Clean Cuisine -

Plant Based Beyond Burger (I may just have to try that during the cruise)

Zucchini Carpaccio

Pan Seared Snapper

Then I looked at Main Dining Room Menu and they have the Prime Rib which is one of our favorites.

Obviously I'm not going hungry tonight.

41 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

If you get to the martini bar please tell Agus (he has glasses) that he is #1 and that Brett and Debby say hi……we always told him that he is #1😂

We should be down that way tonight.    I will indeed pass on your regards.

Jim- boy are you making me miss the ship!   We had a few hiccups on the first day of our 2nd leg last week & the CC hostess did a fantastic job of setting everything straight...  if Violetta is still the hostess, please tell her the kalpakoff's say hi 🙂

3 hours ago, yoshi said:

image.png.474740a4c44fcde0bcab79b1366a643b.png    I love the cinnamon ice cream!!!

YES, YES, YES!!!

I have never been able to find a decent cinnamon ice cream apart from that served aboard.  The junk they peddle at home, even as a premium brand, is spiked with cinnamon oil, and winds up being somewhat astringent instead of simply delightfully aromatic.

I assume that Celebrity is still making all of their 'tray' ice cream aboard.  I hope that they still use that particularly nice Indonesian cinnamon that made it so yummy.  Something else unique about it was that they didn't grind the cinnamon to a super fine powder.  They left it just so that there was a hint of texture from the cinnamon.

We discovered years ago that they served it, and quite by accident.  It seems that it often appears only once in the buffet at lunch during a cruise, and who knows how many years we went without having a chance to try it.  After that first experience, we started requesting that full tray be made up for our table at the beginning of a cruise, assuring out waiter that it would be gone by the end of the journey.

Really looking forward to 'my tray' again in November!

• Like 1

Jim:

Totally enjoying your trip so far, and looking forward to more details ahead.  My jaw dropped at your cabin pics....  we've always enjoyed the M class balconies, and the new furnishings are beautiful!  Thanks for sharing!

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Actually looking forward to Blu.    After awhile the Luminae menu get's really boarding.     To be honest from previous cruises, Blu has more items to choose from than Luminae.

Doesn’t the menu change every day at Luminae? That was my impression from the menus available online.

11 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Jim & Lain ,

Thank you for all the time you take sharing your trips with us. DH & I were on the Summit a few weeks ago & got goose bumps seeing these photos! We actually added a 4 night sailing on the Millennium for February in a Concierge SV cabin. We have never been in an SV cabin & looking forward to trying it after our Reflection sailing end of November. Looks like you are in a starboard side cabin , presumably on deck 11? Just curious- do you not like the SV cabins?

Have a fabulous time! Enjoy every moment!

We love Concierge SV.  In 2009, we sailed a Caribbean, followed by a Trans Atlantic, on the Summit and enjoyed looking at the wake from San Juan to Barcelona.  It was quite peaceful.  Those aft cabins, whether on M or S class, are our favorites.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I went down to the CC Host and she apologized for the Blue Aqua Cards and gave us the Black Zenith ones.    Really didn't matter to us.

As soon as we got to the room  the Stateroom Attendant arrived and said he was swapping our our robes to the Suites Robes.    I just noticed also that the bathroom Amenities are the new Suite

Actually looking forward to Blu.    After awhile the Luminae menu get's really boarding.     To be honest from previous cruises, Blu has more items to choose from than Luminae.    At least on M-Class you can usually order from the Main Dining Room menu in addition to Blu and the Children's Menu. 

I don't know why but I'm hungry right now and we don't go to dinner until about 8:30-8:45.

I was just looking at the menu on the App..    Tonight the Signature Items are -

DiJon-Glaed Salmon Salad

Roasted Chicken Breast

Filet Mignon

They also now have a Clean Cuisine -

Plant Based Beyond Burger (I may just have to try that during the cruise)

Zucchini Carpaccio

Pan Seared Snapper

Then I looked at Main Dining Room Menu and they have the Prime Rib which is one of our favorites.

Obviously I'm not going hungry tonight.

Hah..

Prime Rib night is one we  make res for the MDR!   

Snapper sounds good too.

No one goes hungry on Celebrity..unless dinner time is too late.

We prefer eating early ...easier on the digestion!

E N J O Y !

• Like 1

Jim, enjoying your posts and especially interested in Blu. We are on in NOV in AQ class for the first time. I'm afraid that if we like the AQ CAT, we may never go back to any other CAT. We also have a TA on Constellation in OCT 2022 in AQ class. Any posts of menus will be appreciated.

13 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

If you get to the martini bar please tell Agus (he has glasses) that he is #1 and that Brett and Debby say hi……we always told him that he is #1😂

Saw Agus last night and passed upon you greetings.   He was very pleased that you remembered him and sends you his best wishes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Jim- boy are you making me miss the ship!   We had a few hiccups on the first day of our 2nd leg last week & the CC hostess did a fantastic job of setting everything straight...  if Violetta is still the hostess, please tell her the kalpakoff's say hi 🙂

I will indeed.   Violetta is still aboard and is the perfect hostess.  

Today at noon is the upper level Captain's Club toast at noon and all the Zenith's are asked to be there 15 minutes early.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

We also had Chetan as our steward. He did a great job 

Looks like Chetan has a fan club.    He is a very engaging and delightful to talk with.    We chatted for about 10 minutes as I told him our schedule.   We leave our room at 9:00 and usually do our workouts until after lunch.

I always ask for a pitcher of Ice, No Canope and No Ice Tea.     He was happy to oblige and told me that due to Covid and Customer's lack of interest they had discontinued the Ice Tea for all guests.

Just now, FLCruiser97 said:

Jim, is the Concierge lunch just for Concierge class or can any other CAT or status go for lunch?

Concierge Only with the addition of Blu Chip and Zenith's.      I heard someone in a Suite ask and was told that Concierge Only and apologized.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looks like Chetan has a fan club.    He is a very engaging and delightful to talk with.    We chatted for about 10 minutes as I told him our schedule.   We leave our room at 9:00 and usually do our workouts until after lunch.

I always ask for a pitcher of Ice, No Canope and No Ice Tea.     He was happy to oblige and told me that due to Covid and Customer's lack of interest they had discontinued the Ice Tea for all guests.

I wonder if you can get the Ice Tea if you ask??

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Hah..

Prime Rib night is one we  make res for the MDR!   

Snapper sounds good too.

No one goes hungry on Celebrity..unless dinner time is too late.

We prefer eating early ...easier on the digestion!

E N J O Y !

The waiter in Blu was pushing the Filet but I went for the Prime Rib.   Cooked perfect medium rare to my taste and tender.