Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

All the talk of San Diego just caught up to me. 
my wife and I had been talking about taking a short break and getting away from the house for a couple of days so I mentioned San Diego to her.  She said okay so we now have flight and hotel book for a four day trip to Sa Diego next month. 

We may even take the opportunity to go watch the Millennium come in and leave since we will be there over the weekend.  Unfortunately, our only booking on Millie was supposed to be March of this year and we all know what happened to cruises for that time of year.

Glad you decided to take a vacation.     We love San Diego and there is so much to do.  

Have a great time.

3 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Wish you both a safe and spectacular cruise experience.  We have sailed the Millennium twice. Once in Europe and once in the Caribbean.  Sailing close to home is fun as we have done two Hawaii cruises once circle island and once circle island then to the South Pacific.  That said, enough of us! I love your commentary and especially the food pictures!  Enjoy and please post the food pictures as I'm hungry!!!

Thanks.      I'm really excited.    The news just showed a perfectly beautiful sun rise over San Francisco Bay.   We may get more excitement.    Looks like the Giants will be hosting the  Dodgers on Thursday, October 14 (If Necessary).    The game is at 6:00 PM but  there should be lots of pre-game excitement.   Having said that Uber, restaurants etc will be at premium prices.

Warning -   The game may not happen after WE beat the Dodgers before Thursday. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Looking forward to following along on another great adventure with a Jim & Iain!  Can’t believe you were on page 9 when I found it!!  We’re off on Royal’s Liberty out of Galveston on the 24th with family. Can’t wait to be on the ocean again 

I'm in cruise mode already.    We ran to pick up our dry cleaning and laundry from the last cruise yesterday and it is in the closet waiting to start packing later today.  

I can't tell you how good it was to get back on a cruise ship.    I feel much safer flying to San Diego than having to take a cross country flight to Florida.    While not required we will be wearing masks while inside to protect our ability to do the B2B.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Wish you both a safe and spectacular cruise experience.  We have sailed the Millennium twice. Once in Europe and once in the Caribbean.  Sailing close to home is fun as we have done two Hawaii cruises once circle island and once circle island then to the South Pacific.  That said, enough of us! I love your commentary and especially the food pictures!  Enjoy and please post the food pictures as I'm hungry!!!

You struck a curiosity bug in me to look to see how many times we have sailed on Millennium -

10 Cruises on Millennium

• 4 Carribbean
  • 1 Trans Atlantic
  • 1 Alaska
  • 2 Trans Pacific (Australia and Japan)
  • 1 Japan
  • 1 Hawaii

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Couple more comparison of Millennium and Equinox

Millennium

image.thumb.png.26b2f7eaf993ebd9e07557495c7ed921.png

Equinox

image.thumb.png.8bf86a1f5fd3c5c4b757edca2badae22.png

For Completeness -

PS  on Equinox    Quantity 2,   1,291 Sq Ft in Cabin,    Veranda 385 Sq. Ft.

Test day at last -   2 days prior to Cruise

I woke up at 7:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep thinking about needing to do my Covid test this morning.

As others have said it was pretty easy.   I initially had a little trouble.   After answering all the questions and connecting to the agent I heard her say hello and then blip I was disconnected.    I re-logged in and all went well the second time.

In order to do the Test on an IBM PC you need to use either Chrome or Microsoft Edge    Thunderbird which I usually use is not supported.    I'm thinking a table or phone may be easier as the agent was having trouble viewing my DL and the QR code and I would have to move it forward and back numerous times before she could capture it.

The process is pretty self explanatory.    You DO NOT OPEN the kit until instructed.  Initially you need to identify yourself and confirm it with ID.   You are then instructed to slit the seal and lay the Test Card, Swab and Reagent bottle on the table in front of you.    You point the camera down so the agent can see the kit content.

You next are instructed to open the  test card and hold it up to camera to capture the QR code.    You lay the card flat on the table in front of you.    Next you are instructed to open the reagent  and put 6 drops in the TOP hole.   Finally you are asked to open the cotton swab and swab a circle pattern 5 times in each nostril.    The agent asked to point the camera at your face so she could see you do the swab.   You then point camera back to card and insert the swab in the bottom hole and rotate 3 times.

The agent then sets the timer that appears on the screen and you are told to wait 15 minutes.   You can leave during this period but instructed to be back at the end of the 15 minutes.     After 15 minutes a pop up box appears that say continue to results. 

The agent came back on and had you hold you card up to camera and scan the QR code again.    She then asks you if you see 2 lines.    I said no I only see one pink line.     She indicated I had passed the test and results would be sent to me via e-mail and would also be available as a QR code in the iPhone App.  

1A13FA3F-F9D6-4E9F-B1F0-56F8E2C9996C.thumb.jpeg.7ece2adfb566ac81f3e0ab2ceb5a411a.jpeg

BE8DDE59-8E94-46F2-AC94-DF23065964D0.thumb.jpeg.9da345728bc15938c1958abc52dcd569.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

Hi Jim, nice to be following your adventure again.  Question, if you don't mind.  You sail earlier that you had your booster shot.  Will it be 14 days between the shot and when you board Millennium?  If not, can you let us know if there is any issue.  I just got a poorly worded email from Celebrity and want to make sure things are a go for us next week since we had our booster yesterday.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Hi Jim, nice to be following your adventure again.  Question, if you don't mind.  You sail earlier that you had your booster shot.  Will it be 14 days between the shot and when you board Millennium?  If not, can you let us know if there is any issue.  I just got a poorly worded email from Celebrity and want to make sure things are a go for us next week since we had our booster yesterday.

Thanks.

poorly worded from Celebrity!  Surely you jest CHEZMARYLOU?!  🙂 and 😞 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks.

Thanks for asking.   I checked on this as I will be at 13 days from booster.    The original 2 shots are what is used to determine vax status.   The second shot has to be 14 days for Pfizer.    The booster is not considered in fully vaxed date. 

For me the 2nd Pfizer shot in March is what is used to indicate I am fully vaxed.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for asking.   I checked on this as I will be at 13 days from booster.    The original 2 shots are what is used to determine vax status.   The second shot has to be 14 days for Pfizer.    The booster is not considered in fully vaxed date. 

For me the 2nd Pfizer shot in March is what is used to indicate I am fully vaxed.

Thanks, I send an email to the shore side concierge but have not heard back yet.  Our 2nd shot was in April so we are good to go.  Cruising used to be so simple, book cruise, flight, hotel, pack and make sure you have your passport and enjoy. These intermediate steps take a spread sheet to keep track of.  Enjoy your cruise on Millennium.  It's been several years since we cruised on her.

3 hours ago, DeltaJoe15 said:

Looking forward to hear all about the Millie  Diane an I will be on her 11/29 out of FLL

Same here. We are sailing Millie on 11/25 just before you @DeltaJoe15. X advised us this week that Key West will be replaced with a call in Bimini. Who would have thought Bimini. We've never been to Bimini. Might be fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks.      I'm really excited.    The news just showed a perfectly beautiful sun rise over San Francisco Bay.   We may get more excitement.    Looks like the Giants will be hosting the  Dodgers on Thursday, October 14 (If Necessary).    The game is at 6:00 PM but  there should be lots of pre-game excitement.   Having said that Uber, restaurants etc will be at premium prices.

Warning -   The game may not happen after WE beat the Dodgers before Thursday. 

The Golden State Warriors are showing the Giant's playoff games on the big screen outside the Chase Center. It would be a fun place to watch a potential game five.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Test day at last -   2 days prior to Cruise

I woke up at 7:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep thinking about needing to do my Covid test this morning.

As others have said it was pretty easy.   I initially had a little trouble.   After answering all the questions and connecting to the agent I heard her say hello and then blip I was disconnected.    I re-logged in and all went well the second time.

In order to do the Test on an IBM PC you need to use either Chrome or Microsoft Edge    Thunderbird which I usually use is not supported.    I'm thinking a table or phone may be easier as the agent was having trouble viewing my DL and the QR code and I would have to move it forward and back numerous times before she could capture it.

The process is pretty self explanatory.    You DO NOT OPEN the kit until instructed.  Initially you need to identify yourself and confirm it with ID.   You are then instructed to slit the seal and lay the Test Card, Swab and Reagent bottle on the table in front of you.    You point the camera down so the agent can see the kit content.

You next are instructed to open the  test card and hold it up to camera to capture the QR code.    You lay the card flat on the table in front of you.    Next you are instructed to open the reagent  and put 6 drops in the TOP hole.   Finally you are asked to open the cotton swab and swab a circle pattern 5 times in each nostril.    The agent asked to point the camera at your face so she could see you do the swab.   You then point camera back to card and insert the swab in the bottom hole and rotate 3 times.

The agent then sets the timer that appears on the screen and you are told to wait 15 minutes.   You can leave during this period but instructed to be back at the end of the 15 minutes.     After 15 minutes a pop up box appears that say continue to results. 

The agent came back on and had you hold you card up to camera and scan the QR code again.    She then asks you if you see 2 lines.    I said no I only see one pink line.     She indicated I had passed the test and results would be sent to me via e-mail and would also be available as a QR code in the iPhone App.  

1A13FA3F-F9D6-4E9F-B1F0-56F8E2C9996C.thumb.jpeg.7ece2adfb566ac81f3e0ab2ceb5a411a.jpeg

BE8DDE59-8E94-46F2-AC94-DF23065964D0.thumb.jpeg.9da345728bc15938c1958abc52dcd569.jpeg

Jim love the directions, just a quick question. I purchased the 3 pack.

It says don’t open test kit untill instructed, by this you mean the individual test not the 3 pack correct?

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks, I send an email to the shore side concierge but have not heard back yet.  Our 2nd shot was in April so we are good to go.  Cruising used to be so simple, book cruise, flight, hotel, pack and make sure you have your passport and enjoy. These intermediate steps take a spread sheet to keep track of.  Enjoy your cruise on Millennium.  It's been several years since we cruised on her.

Mary Lou -

Once your finished with the test it feels like everything is falling into place and you will shortly be sitting aboard sipping a little bubbly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Jim,  love the directions, just a quick question. I purchased the 3 pack.

It says don’t open test kit until instructed, by this you mean the individual test not the 3 pack correct?

Yes -  They mean don't open the individual kit.     Each of my kits  had a red slip on band around it with instructions.    The individual boxes have a clear security seal which is what they are talking about.  BTW -- you can actually open the end  of the box without disturbing the seal if you want to peak inside.

The instructions also say that if the seal became unsealed during shipping not to worry it was still valid.

36 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

The Golden State Warriors are showing the Giant's playoff games on the big screen outside the Chase Center. It would be a fun place to watch a potential game five.

Either that or rent a kayak and go into McCovey Cove and try to catch a homerun.

It may be tight to watch full game as I believe the game starts at 6 and we set sail at 9:00

2 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Same here. We are sailing Millie on 11/25 just before you @DeltaJoe15. X advised us this week that Key West will be replaced with a call in Bimini. Who would have thought Bimini. We've never been to Bimini. Might be fun.

I just saw they changed our 2nd day from Puerto Plate to Nassau

On 10/7/2021 at 5:10 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Agree.  This was the original Munchkin seats

As has been pointed out in another thread, low seats with no arms is a strong indication that Kelly Hoppen (MBE notwithstanding) had either no knowledge or no consideration for the current X demographic!  Does make you wonder if conjecture of a deliberate attempt by X (or LL-P at least) to shift to a younger crowd on Celebrity ships isn't in some part true!

The proctored test come in sets of 6 individual tests.  When you order them you can list names you are ordering for as these are RX tests.  

The OTC test that some have located at pharmacies have 2 tests in one pack, but aren’t accepted by any of the cruise lines that I know of.  They are a good idea for a family get together where certification is not paramount and perhaps so you know whether some one with symptoms is infected with SARS CoV 19.  

hth.  

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You struck a curiosity bug in me to look to see how many times we have sailed on Millennium -

10 Cruises on Millennium

• 4 Carribbean
  • 1 Trans Atlantic
  • 1 Alaska
  • 2 Trans Pacific (Australia and Japan)
  • 1 Japan
  • 1 Hawaii

We generally try not to sail on the same ship twice. Just for fun with the exception of the Queen Mary 2 and a few cruises on Norwegian.  I had my parents 50th Anniversary on the QM2 with about 50 of their close relatives and friends. I have fallen in love with it even though our daughter got bored lol after a few trips. She is now married and enjoyed Royal Caribbean but I will say that Celebrity really has their act together.  They loved crystal but as my father is no longer with us and mom has dementia we are thinking of Crystal or Seabourn but not until the virus is more in the past and right now we have my mom living with us. Thats why i love your reports and the food pictures lol.  Sorry for the long post but i wish you godspeed and smooth sailing!