Project Linus on the World Cruise 2020

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Pictures of the blankets from the 2020 World Cruise. 400 were made in 70 days for Project Linus

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gKF3BnoBQgoLHF4Q9

Not sure I ever heard about there distribution.  Did you have to pick them up with your luggage in FLL or was HAL able to distribute them?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Not sure I ever heard about there distribution.  Did you have to pick them up with your luggage in FLL or was HAL able to distribute them?

We drove a U Haul truck down to Fort Lauderdale picked up 22 boxes of blankets and 14 boxes of yarn and all the supplies.  Hank told me to box everything up .we usually leave the supplies on the ship ( 4 boxes) We gave 100 blankets to the Fort Lauderdale chapter of Project Linus. 300 to the Jacksonville chapter  it didn't make sense to ship it by fright to Seattle..and the yarn we bought in Australia and supplies are in our son's warehouse. 

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We drove a U Haul truck down to Fort Lauderdale picked up 22 boxes of blankets and 14 boxes of yarn and all the supplies.  Hank told me to box everything up .we usually leave the supplies on the ship ( 4 boxes) We gave 100 blankets to the Fort Lauderdale chapter of Project Linus. 300 to the Jacksonville chapter  it didn't make sense to ship it by fright to Seattle..and the yarn we bought in Australia and supplies are in our son's warehouse. 

Because I've never done this, is the yarn and needles/crochet hooks provided, or do guests bring on their own?  I knit toques for inner city school children and homeless people, so I know how much yarn I go through; if I were on a world cruise, I'm sure I'd have a couple of suitcases just for yarn!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

On 10/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Thanks, you have done a lot of work and should be proud of the success!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

You’ve given me another reason to want to take a World Cruise!  Now I know how I can usefully spend those Sea Days!

Resting in your cabin.

Seating in the theater before a show

When you come back from a port.

Raining day

Waiting for arts and crafts

And of course sea days.