Maybe I’m missing something…grand vs owners suite

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I like to to know where you find $2237 worth of discounts when all Royal Caribbean sailings cost pretty much what the list price on the Royal site, minus Crown and Anchor balcony discounts?

Last 3+ years been finding many Military Discounts along with C&A SOLO that except for the 10 Months right after 9/11 many my Bookings now paying lowest ever have

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

I always point to his HUGE flashlight collection if he gives me grief!

Oh, do not get me started.....my two sons cleared out and divided up the garage stuff (with 4 huge toolboxes), and they found his large box of neatly folded white tee shirts.  "Ummmm....Mom?  How many white identical tee shirts did Dad have?"  Me: "if they have an X on the tag their for working in the garage."  Them:  But, there's FORTY of them!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I like to to know where you find $2237 worth of discounts when all Royal Caribbean sailings cost pretty much what the list price on the Royal site, minus Crown and Anchor balcony discounts?

There are plenty of discounts to be found when you book 2 years in advance.

Cancelled 2020 Allure TA - Grand Suite:

image.thumb.png.0565ad05d3aabefd315ae39677978611.png

2022 Allure/Wonder TA - Owner's Suite:

image.thumb.png.5b74e91a66087cf8e99d33535d480da6.png

Oh, and here's what the "rack rate" for the 2022 Wonder TA - Owner's Suite would've been had RCI not honored my original 2022 Allure TA - Owner's Suite booking:

image.thumb.png.eb88b8e57208ae98a327e64aca666e54.png

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

The only times we book GS or up is on Oasis class ships. The “perks” of a full suite on any lower class of ship (to us at least) never justify the price increase over a JS. Also, we never put in a RoyalUP bid on any class other than Oasis class, and never on a B2B if we have the same JS cabin on both legs.

I have to agree with you.  A JS is a nice size cabin on the Voyager class ships, but without all the nice perks in the Oasis class ships I don't think anything larger is really worth it (unless going on a longer cruise).

15 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

Thank you! Appreciate the perspective!  My gut says stay with the hump jr suite both weeks and use the money to perk up other cruises in 2022.  My emotions say go for the grand suite at least one of the two weeks due to low occupancy and low costs to max the bids on the suites I like.  

sitting in my screened-in porch contemplating costs to make it 3 season or year round sun room in 2022. Staying with the jr suite to save might be worth it.   Love sitting out here.  I almost never watch tv.

I'd stick with the JS and improve your sun room.  You'll spend a heck of a lot more time in your sun room than the GS.

My one issue with the OS over the GS...is that the OS has a smaller balcony on ships I have booked.  We spend a lot of time on our balcony. 

It is also the biggest reasons we love the aft wrap balconies on both Radiance and Vison classes, even though they are smaller cabins inside.  

• Like 1

My fantastic hubby just said “go for it!” re Royal Up and consider it an anniversary present if we get it!  He’d watched me bid and canx several times over the past week.  I’m super great with this as he absolutely hates trying to figure out what to buy me for Christmas etc.  I just buy him the newest greatest flashlights and some ammo and he’s happy!  Off to bid…

• Like 3

The difference between js, grand, and owner as I see it is the additional perks that come with the star vs sky suite access which include the dinning package the drink package and the genie?  I have not traveled rcl but can see the difference would be about the same value without the bigger room if I drank and ate at the specialty dining options.

I am looking at the price differences now between a grand suite and the owners suite and seems to come out more upfront but probably a better experience and cost the same at the end...?

Maybe a suit traveler can help me with this.

21 minutes ago, sross942 said:

The difference between js, grand, and owner as I see it is the additional perks that come with the star vs sky suite access which include the dinning package the drink package and the genie?  I have not traveled rcl but can see the difference would be about the same value without the bigger room if I drank and ate at the specialty dining options.

I am looking at the price differences now between a grand suite and the owners suite and seems to come out more upfront but probably a better experience and cost the same at the end...?

Maybe a suit traveler can help me with this.

Only a few suites are Star Class, and those are typically SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive. They are also only on Oasis class ships.

Grand Suite and Owners Suite are not Star Class and do not include the dining package or drink package, and only include internet on Oasis class ships, but not others. 

I suggest you do more research (or find a knowledgeable travel agent) to ensure you understand what you are getting with each category on each ship before you book anything.

Thanks Brillo,

Thats Why I posted my thoughts here as you could enlighten my research with such information.  I am just starting to look at Harmony with is an oasis and read to me as such that the difference would include those perks for certain category of suites .   However, its late and I am blurry eyed so I do need clarification which led me to post the question not as fact but simply a question to get an answer.

Star

Ultimate Family Suite

Royal Loft Suite

Villa Suite – 4 Bedrooms

Owner’s Loft Suite

Grand Loft Suite

Owner’s Panoramic Suite – 1 Bedrooms

Grand Panoramic Suite – 1 Bedroom

Star Loft Suite

Spacious AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms

AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms 

not to be confused with:

Sky

• Sky Loft Suite
  • Spacious AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Crown Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite – 2 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite with Large Balcony – 1 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Golden Balcony
  • Golden Junior Suite

7 hours ago, sross942 said:

Welcome to CC.

That "experience" value proposition is subjective.

8 hours ago, sross942 said:

Thanks Brillo,

Thats Why I posted my thoughts here as you could enlighten my research with such information.  I am just starting to look at Harmony with is an oasis and read to me as such that the difference would include those perks for certain category of suites .   However, its late and I am blurry eyed so I do need clarification which led me to post the question not as fact but simply a question to get an answer.

Star

Ultimate Family Suite

Royal Loft Suite

Villa Suite – 4 Bedrooms

Owner’s Loft Suite

Grand Loft Suite

Owner’s Panoramic Suite – 1 Bedrooms

Grand Panoramic Suite – 1 Bedroom

Star Loft Suite

Spacious AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms

AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms 

not to be confused with:

Sky

• Sky Loft Suite
  • Spacious AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Crown Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite – 2 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite with Large Balcony – 1 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Golden Balcony
  • Golden Junior Suite

You have it right, now.

Oh, yes value is subjective.  When I cruise I would rather enjoy and not worry about the expense once I have made my decision.  As I browse the sites I stumbled on different levels and as Brillo pointed out there are some suites that have an inclusive yet significantly higher price tag which my initial thought was a difference of all the miscellaneous charges for add-ons like beverage and specialty dining  for all of us; as apposed to looking at the cost difference upfront which also includes a much larger room. 

Before I purchase I get a little bogged down in reading the posts and googleing  asking questions then we make a choice and go and enjoy.  I do love a cruise its been a couple long years.

• Like 1