Cruise with Confidence and 48 Hour Test?????

teacherman

As I understand it, if you have a Cruise with Confidence booking, you are allowed to cancel UP TO 48 Hours prior to sailing and receive a FCC.  But now with the 2 day pre-cruise testing window, you may not even receive your possibly positive test result before the 48 hour cut off.  So then what happens?  How would you get in touch with Celebrity at the last moment to cancel?  Has this happened to any of you?

When the testing window was shortened from 72 to 48 hours we realized that we were going to have to do the proctored telehealth tests.  We ordered a set of six from eMed.  

About a week before embarkation day we began receiving daily notices about the testing requirement.  The emails provided a telephone number to call for those who tested positive. 

You get a refund if you or anyone in your party tests positive within 14 days of departure. I’ve not heard of this instance occurring yet but I would assume they would want a copy of your test result prior to the refund if it was less than 48hrs from departure. A quick call to Celebrity would get the process started. 

• Thanks 1

Cruise with Confidence lets you cancel for whatever reason you want, regardless of whether you may have tested positive for Covid-19.  It's an escape valve for people who've booked a cruise, but have decided, as the embarkation date nears, they just don't feel comfortable cruising at that particular time.

If you test positive for Covid-19 within the time frame of Celebrity's protocol, then, as noted in comment 3 above, a separate policy will kick in: "100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal."  Right now, that's for cruises departing on or before Dec. 31, 2021.  Hard to imagine Celebrity won't extend that as long as it's requiring testing.  They really don't want folks coming on board who have recently tested positive.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Thanks.   Hope we don't have to call.   Is my traveling party those in my stateroom or anyone that is going with us, like maybe 4 cabins on a family cruise?

Your stateroom unless all in your name CC.

• Thanks 1

According to the official RCI policy:

For purposes of this Policy, your “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise.

• Thanks 1

Here's what the policy says wrt traveling party

"For purposes of this Policy, your “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise."

You probably want to read the actual policy. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

7 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Thanks.   Hope we don't have to call.   Is my traveling party those in my stateroom or anyone that is going with us, like maybe 4 cabins on a family cruise?

Keep scrolling down at that link:

Last modified September 20, 2021. Subject to change. “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise.

Just a heads up: We received our cruise docs for Eq on Oct 29, and the cruise contract itself says refund or FCC if you cannot get the test or test positive before the cruise. 

They appear to be hedging their bets away from promising a refund if denied boarding as has previously been stated in CWC.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Thanks 1

Follow up to the above post: Today we received an email explaining the vax rqmts and documentation for our cruise. The email had an FAQ link that may clear up the appsrent discrepancy.

No test completed: refund or FCC.

Positive test: refund.

No explanation of how they decide which you get for not completing the test.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Thanks 1

Probably if you can prove you took a test within a reasonable timeframe and just couldn't get the results in time they would give a refund.   They are not going to let people use the testing requirement to chicken out for a refund.

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Probably if you can prove you took a test within a reasonable timeframe and just couldn't get the results in time they would give a refund.   They are not going to let people use the testing requirement to chicken out for a refund.

Right. Letting people cancel for a cash refund day of because they 'couldn't get a test' would circumvent the whole FCC concept. My guess is if you can prove you scheduled or completed a test but have no results to provide, you get a refund. If you have no proof of attempting to test, you get a FCC. 

4 minutes ago, dazey said:

If we board our ship at 3 PM on a Saturday, must we be tested on Thursday after 3 PM to meet 48 hour rule?  I was hoping to test earlier in the day on the Thursday.  

Anytime on Thursday is fine for a Saturday boarding...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazey said:

If we board our ship at 3 PM on a Saturday, must we be tested on Thursday after 3 PM to meet 48 hour rule?  I was hoping to test earlier in the day on the Thursday.  

The rule is not 48 hours, it’s two days, which fortunately obviates concerns such as yours.