Anyone used Quest Diagnostics for 2 day test? California

Kay S

17 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

Getting a test isn’t the issue. Getting the results from a test in a timely manner is the issue. 

The services they refer to perform PCR tests and have the results in 48 hours or less. Did you bother to look at the link and then at the GIS map of the testing locations and who provides them?

10 hours ago, brisalta said:

The services they refer to perform PCR tests and have the results in 48 hours or less. Did you bother to look at the link and then at the GIS map of the testing locations and who provides them?

My original comment here was directed at the Quest Diagnostics testing and its uselessness for many of us in California. 90 miles away is not helpful. I did look at the website you shared and I’m familiar with most of the providers (as well as the ones listed on our county health department website). Most don’t give their turnaround times, others say “within 72 hours”, and OptumService/LHI states “typically within 4 to 6 days”.

Question - If I have a cruise leaving on a Saturday and will be arriving by plane on the day prior and I am taking the actual test on Thursday and won't have the results until possible Saturday the day my cruise departs - how can I prove the test results when I took the test in my home state and won't have proof of results before 

Sorry if this is confusing but I'm not really familiar with how we get results to Princess.

14 hours ago, candy4040 said:

Question - If I have a cruise leaving on a Saturday and will be arriving by plane on the day prior and I am taking the actual test on Thursday and won't have the results until possible Saturday the day my cruise departs - how can I prove the test results when I took the test in my home state and won't have proof of results before 

Sorry if this is confusing but I'm not really familiar with how we get results to Princess.

You should receive an E-mail with the test results. Just show that E-mail to Princess at check-in.

There is a testing site at the Iowa but I don't know the details. There is a place called Total Testing Solutions with many locations around LA that have both tests for free. You can make an appointment for many weeks in the future. I have used them for PCR & got results in about 30 hours. I will be using them for rapid for my upcoming cruise.

28 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

There is a testing site at the Iowa but I don't know the details. There is a place called Total Testing Solutions with many locations around LA that have both tests for free. You can make an appointment for many weeks in the future. I have used them for PCR & got results in about 30 hours. I will be using them for rapid for my upcoming cruise.

I'm confused what you're saying.  Where in Iowa did you get tested?

50 minutes ago, claudia814 said:

Rapid antigen or PCR? Just can’t see worrying about the PCR timeline if the Rapid Antigen test is given at CVS. Jan Swartz said rapid antigen is acceptable. What are your thoughts please? Thanks. 

It is in the current protocols. For details see https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

48 minutes ago, claudia814 said:

Rapid antigen or PCR? Just can’t see worrying about the PCR timeline if the Rapid Antigen test is given at CVS. Jan Swartz said rapid antigen is acceptable. What are your thoughts please? Thanks. 

The nearest CVS offering the Rapid Antigen test is 125 miles away from us. The nearest Walgreens offering the test is more than 700 miles away in Washington state. We truly don’t live in the middle of nowhere, but it feels like it sometimes…

On 10/10/2021 at 10:09 AM, candy4040 said:

You don’t say where are you departing from?  In San Francisco there is a CVS location with the results in 45 minutes. 

Tom😀

16 hours ago, victory2020 said:

The test center at the USS Iowa (next to the cruise terminal) is not used for passengers. It is a county run test center for residents and workers.  PCR regular (not rapid) that isn't promised in 2 days.

1 hour ago, claudia814 said:

CVS did have, but not now readily available, Rapid Antigen and Rapid PCR tests.  They were easy to get in early September.  They have changed their appointment scheduling.  I have given up trying to find a test location at a local CVS.  I have been trying all hours of the day and different days.  Same message.  No available tests.  

Good Luck everyone.  This is really a thorn in the side.  I don't know if Princess realizes how difficult it is to find a 2 day test.  Yes, I understand it is necessary.  Yes, I am willing to take a test.  I find this whole dilemma to be almost as frustrating as the Medallion Class app.  I don't have any issues taking the test.  Wish Princess had teamed up with someone better than Quest Diagnostics (inconvenient locations).

• Like 4

On 10/8/2021 at 11:08 PM, RedSoxfansgirl said:

On majestic out of LA, didn’t get my results in time, I was able to test at pier. $150 for people who ignored the test. I didn’t have to pay at the pier. 

I suspect you're a very happy girl this morning!  

On 10/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, Kay S said:

This test was ordered through the Princess web site.  This was one of the testing sites offered that was not in Palmdale. (Near Redlands.) The person who did the test said we were getting Princess priority.  This was definitely one of the Quest labs affiliated with Princess.

Where in Redlands did you take the test and was it prioritized? Thank you.