Evening Chic Nights.

deliver42

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

But you are still missing the point.   When Specialties were first started and even to this day they want to get people into the restaurants to PAY  for the dining there.   Its a money maker plain and simple and causing people to bring fancy clothes will hinder that purpose.   

I understand your point but the logic is a bit flawed.  A specialty restaurant that is supposed to have better food, service and ambiance has a more casual dress code than the main dining room? That's the only point I'm trying to make. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I understand your point but the logic is a bit flawed.  A specialty restaurant that is supposed to have better food, service and ambiance has a more casual dress code than the main dining room? That's the only point I'm trying to make. 

I understand your point and in a way it doesn’t make sense like you said, I’m just saying that’s why they have always been casual .

Edited by dkjretired

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

When you say specialty restaurant. I think of the type of restaurant. French, Italian, Japanese, etc.. The ribeye's I've had in Luminae have been better than the ribeye I had in Tuscan Grille or The Lawn Club Grill. The night before our dinner at The Lawn Club Grill I asked if I could wear shorts to dinner. I was told yes, not a problem. In the end I wore long pants. Personally my favorite specialty restaurant is The Porch.

2015 was the last time we dined in the MDR. We were just on Millie dining in Blu. On chic night our friends were dressed up. She wore a long dress and he wore tux with tails. I wore black jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Other nights I wear grey jeans.

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

When you say specialty restaurant. I think of the type of restaurant. French, Italian, Japanese, etc.. The ribeye's I've had in Luminae have been better than the ribeye I had in Tuscan Grille or The Lawn Club Grill. The night before our dinner at The Lawn Club Grill I asked if I could wear shorts to dinner. I was told yes, not a problem. In the end I wore long pants. Personally my favorite specialty restaurant is The Porch.

2015 was the last time we dined in the MDR. We were just on Millie dining in Blu. On chic night our friends were dressed up. She wore a long dress and he wore tux with tails. I wore black jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Other nights I wear grey jeans.

But were the jeans ripped?  That's what I'd like to know.  🙂

1 hour ago, canderson said:

We need more imagination here.  A person can ignore the rules AND be fashionable.  How about these Prada patent leather flip flops? 😋

prada-black-patent-leather-flip-flops-product-0-947109309-normal.thumb.jpeg.e9030f91d2634c8ee914254c8a89a293.jpeg

I really can't believe the things some people suggest on this forum.

It should obviously have sparkles on it.  🤣

2 hours ago, canderson said:

We need more imagination here.  A person can ignore the rules AND be fashionable.  How about these Prada patent leather flip flops? 😋

prada-black-patent-leather-flip-flops-product-0-947109309-normal.thumb.jpeg.e9030f91d2634c8ee914254c8a89a293.jpeg

I distinctly remember a thread a few years back where someone was turned away from the Captain's Club event for wearing open toed strapless heels with I think a sun dress. Which generated several pages of discussion of what is a sandal and what is a flip flop...

6 minutes ago, markeb said:

I distinctly remember a thread a few years back where someone was turned away from the Captain's Club event for wearing open toed strapless heels with I think a sun dress. Which generated several pages of discussion of what is a sandal and what is a flip flop...

If you can find that thread I would love to read it.  Tried a Google search but nada.

4 hours ago, markeb said:

I have seen people turned away from the Helipad for wearing the "wrong" footwear. Zitsky the helipad you are supposed to wear closed toe footwear - preempting your question🙂

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

I have seen people turned away from the Helipad for wearing the "wrong" footwear. Zitsky the helipad you are supposed to wear closed toe footwear - preempting your question🙂

Your correct, when you get invited to the helipad they tell you to wear  certain type of footwear, I think nothing open toed.

4 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Your correct, when you get invited to the helipad they tell you to wear  certain type of footwear, I think nothing open toed.

Why is that? Been invited a couple times and some were not allowed without proper footwear. 

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Why is that? Been invited a couple times and some were not allowed without proper footwear. 

The helipad is a staff area not a guest area so it will have different rules for health and safety. 

Having visited a few times I have always been glad to be in sensible shoes. Stepping over the bulkhead, walking up open metal stairs….Plenty of ways to stub your toe! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, emmas gran said:

That is for safety reasons.

It seems most people do not want to get dressed up these days, but we like the opportunity to be formal and dress up.  We typically dine in Murano on any chic night and dress to the hilt.  It may not be for everyone, but it is one part of what makes fine dining so special.  I do notice that the servers do appreciate the effort!