Where do I make reservations for Koningsdam specialty dining once on board?

farjar

Where do I go to make specialty dining reservations once we get on board the Koningsdam?  If I do it through the HAL website I have to prepay.  Do you have to prepay if you use the app before boarding?  Thanks!  

If you are waiting to book onboard because you are trying to use OBC, the problem is you may not be able to get the day/time you want.
If you get “free” dinners (5*, TA gift, etc.) or a mariner discount and prebook, it will be credited to your onboard account after you dine.

The Koningsdam has a Dining Desk set up outside Sel de Mer.  You can do bookings for all restaurants in one location.  However, as mentioned above, you may not be able to get the specific time/date you want if you wait.

20 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The Koningsdam has a Dining Desk set up outside Sel de Mer.  You can do bookings for all restaurants in one location.  However, as mentioned above, you may not be able to get the specific time/date you want if you wait.

We will be using OBC so looks like we will be heading to Sel de Mer as soon as we board.  Hopefully with reduced passenger numbers we will be able to get a good day/time.  Thanks everyone.

12 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Not really.  It has to be open or someone has to be at the podium.  If you go to the reservation desk the hours are much more flexible.

LOL ... They are barely 40 feet apart.  The podium is in between Pinnacle Grill and Sel de Mer.  Hardly makes a difference, does it?  Go where you see someone!

Edited by taxmantoo

1 minute ago, taxmantoo said:

LOL ... They are barely 40 feet apart.  The podium is in between Pinnacle Grill and Sel de Mer.  Hardly makes a difference, does it?  Go where you see someone!

You are missing the point.  There isn’t someone standing at the pinnacle restaurant from 9 am to 5 taking reservations or at least not on the ships I’ve been on.  It’s not how far or close they are.  Telling someone to go to the pinnacle when no one is standing there isn’t correct.

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You are missing the point.  There isn’t someone standing at the pinnacle restaurant from 9 am to 5 taking reservations or at least not on the ships I’ve been on.  It’s not how far or close they are.  Telling someone to go to the pinnacle when no one is standing there isn’t correct.

I just like to employ the "KISS" method when I can.  😉

• Like 2

From our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise this summer we were able to make dining reservations (including pinnacle lunch) starting on the morning of embarkation day from the navigator app. I was able to do it around 10 am from my living room & these were charged to our account when we dined. Anything prior to that must be paid at time of booking. 

Onboard there is a dining desk, a dining hotline, if in a Neptune the concierge can do it, or you can do it yourself from the navigator app or on your computer through the navigator website. As others have noted you can also make reservations with the restaurant. 

My recommendation is to book as soon as possible. Times can fill up very quickly once folks are onboard. 

Edited by zgscl
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crew News said:

If you are booking a table for two people, you need only to pay for one person when you book online.  Pay for the second person when you arrive for dinner using OBC. 

Thank you for the info. I had not thought of that.

I believe this has been previously mentioned, but now if you have a package (such as “Have it All”), any free specialty dinners now eventually show up if you log in to My Account/Bookings/Manage my Cruise. It’s in a little headline which shows up at some point closer to sailing, roughly around final payment. Then after you select your preferences, there is an option to use your promo credits upon checking out. An email is sent to you confirming. 

I recently was able to pre-book our preferred days & times, as were our friends on the same January Hawaii cruise, for Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. Previously the free dinners were arbitrarily assigned on a card in your room, and you had to try to change with the dining staff after boarding. 

As far as booking after boarding to use OBC, I recall that (pre-Covid) there was a podium in the Lido buffet where you could book specialty dinners during lunchtime.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gwenmarie said:

Back in the olden days the first night was half price, does that still apply?

Not in my experience but I have not been on since B.C. (Before Covid).  I’ve been reading all the live threads and seen no such reports.

12 hours ago, gwenmarie said:

Back in the olden days the first night was half price, does that still apply?

More recently it was 25% discount for Speciality restaurants on first night.  There was a card on tables in Lido etc at lunchtime.  But, sad to confirm, that nothing special was offered on Eurodam recently.