Allure vs Oasis

The Oasis has playmakers, BBQ place, water slides, plus dry slide. Allure did not get any of the added stuff yet. Allure plays Mama MiA, oasis you can take a nap because they play CAts. Lord is that the worst 1 1/2 hours of my time. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, teacherman said:

But the grand kids would love it.  What else is part of being "amped"?

On Allure now.  Still a great ship.

The amp would bring water and dry slides plus new dining venues.  

Sabor remains where Playmakers would be for example.  Oasis has Port Side BBQ and El Loco Fresh while Allure still has the Wipeout Cafe. Samba Grill in the evenings on Allure was presumed to be removed in place of Solarium Bistro.

Cabins are not amplified so no changes for either ship.  Central Park is still Central Park.  No amp of Central Park and it's still my happy place.  I pick deck 8 cabins for easy access to Central Park.  Love, love Central Park.     

The pool deck on Oasis was converted to the "resort style" like Navigator and Odyssey.  Allure's pool deck is still great but not in the latest "resort style".  They have updated the seating around the edges of the pool deck.  I guess they had that on hand and it was a simple task to put out the new chairs so at least Allure got that much.

MammaMia! on Allure is fantastic.  CATS on Oasis.  I've sat through CATS and it's done well but I just like MammaMia! so much better, but that's personal.

I'd book Allure again in a heartbeat.  In fact I have.

• Like 3

We did Allure in August and Oasis in October. 

The updates made to Oasis were definitely a winner from our point of view.  We found that Playmakers was our go to spot, stopping there at least once or twice a day.  Our son went down the water slides nearly 50 times combined during the cruise.  

Our Allure cruise was a bit more reasonable for cruise fare, pre-cruise hotel, and certainly getting to and from the airport.  We found the passengers a bit more laid back on the Allure, but that is probably tied it being the second revenue cruise post lock down.  One other favorable for the Allure was at 150 Central Park - we found the staff and experience above our dinner on the Oasis.

Can't really go wrong on either ship.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...