RoyalUp bid GS to Owners

Just got the e-mail to bid on an upgrade from Grand Suite to Owners on the Serenade. Have been in a GS in the past but no idea if there are any additional amenities with the Owners Suite other than additional space. Just trying to decide if I should spend more money and just get square footage. Advice please

Thanks

We normally book grand suites but did one owners suite on oasis a couple of years ago. Biggest things we noticed was dining table which is great if you order room service, and bathroom has a jetted tub and a separate shower which we liked. We just did a bid on the two bedrooms grand suite to get the extra bathrooms.

On 10/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, whoshwhosh said:

Just got the e-mail to bid on an upgrade from Grand Suite to Owners on the Serenade. Have been in a GS in the past but no idea if there are any additional amenities with the Owners Suite other than additional space. Just trying to decide if I should spend more money and just get square footage. Advice please

Thanks

Thanks

How does Royal Genie service on RCL compare to butler on Celebrity, anyone knows.  Thx

We have an OS booked on Serenade for our Panama Canal cruise Oct 2022. I booked when it first opened and the price difference wasn't that much. I did it for the room space.

I would try a bid OP...why not !!!

4 hours ago, sandebeach said:

We had an Owners Suite last week on Symphony. Loved the dining room table, the size of the living room, and the double sinks, bathtub and separate shower in the bathroom. 

Hard to compare an OS on Serenade to one on Symphony :classic_wink:

• Like 1

Thanks

Usually the benefits are the same, they are the same category.  The bathroom is definitely larger (and on many Ships has a separate bath and a shower  We LOVE the OS’s and what we typically book - the extra storage and space (in the cabin and usually the balcony) is wonderful (especially on the larger ships)! 

@Coralchaha I almost forgot most GS’s don’t include the bidet 😂😂 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 1

Thanks

We love the OS but I agree with @smokeybandit.  Unless you get a REALLY good deal, I would probably stick with the GS since there really aren't any additional perks.  The OS has a dining table and chairs, so if you are looking to dine-in, it is much more comfortable and convenient.  The OS has a separate walk-in shower, some water jets in the tub (which I have never used) and there is a bidet in the bathroom.  That's about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We love the OS but I agree with @smokeybandit.  Unless you get a REALLY good deal, I would probably stick with the GS since there really aren't any additional perks.  The OS has a dining table and chairs, so if you are looking to dine-in, it is much more comfortable and convenient.  The OS has a separate walk-in shower, some water jets in the tub (which I have never used) and there is a bidet in the bathroom.  That's about it.

I have even gotten in those jetted tubs LOL on a cruise just not time for tub reclining! Agree though, needs to be a good deal. That is the problem with going from the loft or OS to Royal, the minimum price to “upgrade” can be truly insane.

• Like 1

Currently have a GS booked. My minimum upgrade offer to go to an OS is $600pp. No thanks. That’s crazy for a few extra feet of space and no extra benefits. 

We were also invited to the Captains table several times, but they stopped doing that even before Covid came along.