Ribeye steaks served at buffet!

fstuff1

They also have all the raw meats out on display like your neighborhood butcher. It was pretty cool to see. The Halloween cakes, cupcakes, and donuts are over the top! 

Indian food selection was yummy. Fish and chips was yummy. How anyone could say this is your average buffet isn't being truthful. Carnival, Royal, nor NCL buffets can't compare. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Did you miss the Filet Mignon on the right? That is even more impressive!

I don't really like Filet Mignon but my wife loves it. I prefer the ribeye for sure. Nice to see good choices.

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Could you get them rare or medium rare? 🥩

yes.

if you dont like what's already cooked, you can request to have one cooked for you. you can even select the piece you want from the tray they bring out from the fridge.

Never seen the steaks laid out with the name tags but they've actually had some of these steaks for several years.   You had to know where to find them, they were in back of the buffet in the grill area,  had a ribeye on Summit two years ago and a steak at that grill on Silhouette four years ago. 

• Like 1

Once in awhile they really surprise me on their buffet. This is one of those instances. Another was we did a western med cruise. Everyday at the lunch buffet you could have incredibly delicious grilled whole branzino. It was so fresh the chef told me they were getting it at every port.

42 minutes ago, glmacruise said:

Once in awhile they really surprise me on their buffet. This is one of those instances. Another was we did a western med cruise. Everyday at the lunch buffet you could have incredibly delicious grilled whole branzino. It was so fresh the chef told me they were getting it at every port.

i think branzino is served on the Edge everyday as a MDR staple food

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Rib Eyes are very fatty but that gives the, the flavor.   I would go with the filet even if it is sometimes tasteless.

Nothing like a tasteless meal on a cruise ship, yum yum

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Did you know ahead of time? Was it listed on the app? Was it just a surprise?

nope. it was a surprise.

In my 6yrs of cruising (Platinum Plus on NCL/Elite on Celebrity), I have never seen ribeye steaks for free. 😮

i had to do a double take to make sure there wasnt an upcharge.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I had also previously.  However the steaks were so thin, like roast beef slices-  Not a true "steak house" rib eye.

it wasnt thin on my cruise.

maybe 67% of  the  thickness  as from ribeyes from tuscan or lawn club