Adjusting automatic tips (i.e. Drinks)

comfixit

Situation #1 You are by the pool. You order a bottled water. They deliver it to you and charge you $3.50 plus an 18% gratuity.

Situation #2 You walk over to buy a bottled water. You swipe your cruise card, they hand you a bottled water. You walk back to your spot. On the receipt its got an 18% gratuity added to it.

Regardless of it its the right or wrong thing to do so if you wanted to adjust down the tip on situation #2 transaction are you able to do so at the customer service desk? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, comfixit said:

Situation #1 You are by the pool. You order a bottled water. They deliver it to you and charge you $3.50 plus an 18% gratuity.

Situation #2 You walk over to buy a bottled water. You swipe your cruise card, they hand you a bottled water. You walk back to your spot. On the receipt its got an 18% gratuity added to it.

Regardless of it its the right or wrong thing to do so if you wanted to adjust down the tip on situation #2 transaction are you able to do so at the customer service desk? 

I don't think so.  As far as I know the only grats you can adjust down or remove are the regular daily ones.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uncleboo said:

So why happens when you use your pass to get your four drinks a day for being in crown and anchor? Do they ad a gratitude or is at your  option?

What??? You get four drinks a day just for being in crown and anchor???

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, comfixit said:

NOPE

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What??? You get four drinks a day just for being in crown and anchor???

Yes when you hit diamond until a few weeks ago I was excited thinking I’d get 4 for the week lol until someone nicely corrected me.  We will hit diamond on liberty of the seas on our week 1 of our b2b this week 

21 minutes ago, uncleboo said:

So why happens when you use your pass to get your four drinks a day for being in crown and anchor? Do they ad a gratitude or is at your  option?

They do not add any extra fee to the diamond drinks.  Is RCL covering the gratuity? Or is no gratuity happening? Not sure. It’s all hidden. 

If they give you the receipt (usually have to ask for it) one can add “extra” if you do choose. 

Edited by AustinCruise

43 minutes ago, comfixit said:

No.  Nyet.  Nein.  Nao. Na. Vid. I Te.  

24 minutes ago, uncleboo said:

Your option, and I hope that you add a minimum of $1, but better would be $2.  18% of 13 = $2.34

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

They do not add any extra fee to the diamond drinks.  Is RCL covering the gratuity? Or is no gratuity happening? Not sure. It’s all hidden. 

If they give you the receipt (usually have to ask for it) one can add “extra” if you do choose. 

I do know in the DL that waitstaff wanted to be in there because it was a way to make extra tips.  They usually picked some of the best to work it.  It was extra tips for them as most people do tip.  We always tip $1/drink as I usually had a glass of wine or two.  DH usually had one drink.  We'd also give them an extra amount at the end of the cruise, especially to the ones we had great service from.  We've had a few trips where a particula waiter would almost run to get our order as soon as we sat down.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

I’d like to think they do charge an 18% gratuity. 0.18 x $0.00 = $0.00

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, comfixit said:

No but you should tip the guy delivering the drink $1