Luggage Tags

mauimary

2 minutes ago, matt1 said:

I think for every situation - for every ship, for every porter, and for every port of embarkation - it’s going to be different. I can only imagine the porters standing at Cape Liberty in the dead of winter when it’s 10° outside and the wind blowing, that they are grateful to those who have already put on their luggage tags, and that they don’t have to remove their thick winter gloves and pull out a marker to write out the passenger’s information. 

😎

Ah , good point there. I only cruise spring and fall. Only cruised out of Cape Liberty once and wont be going back there. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Newbie, now that's funny. 😂

Agree. And we always get our luggage before we head to the DL for pre dinner HH. 🍷 

Mmmm...looking forward to that settling in happy hour in three weeks!  Been way too long!!  😄 

Cheers my friend.  🍷

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Why is that?

@loman

The flight from Toronto was quick to Newark , but the taxi ride to the pier wasnt. Traffic was heavy and the cab was an old police vehicle. Did the Anthem to Bermuda cruise and the Atlantic was rough.

I will fly direct to Florida and cruise from there. Fort Lauderdale preferably but Miami is fine .

I know they put Oasis there now which is my favorite class , but i will still go to Florida .

9 minutes ago, loman said:

The flight from Toronto was quick to Newark , but the taxi ride to the pier wasnt. Traffic was heavy and the cab was an old police vehicle. Did the Anthem to Bermuda cruise and the Atlantic was rough.

I will fly direct to Florida and cruise from there. Fort Lauderdale preferably but Miami is fine .

I know they put Oasis there now which is my favorite class , but i will still go to Florida .

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Agree 100%, this is one of today’s projects3FF446ED-7657-4B0A-8407-D331F7F7517B.thumb.jpeg.20b5c4dce22fdf938097fb924729e796.jpeg

I just ordered some of these. Finally got our luggage tags. We have now printed them. 
thank you to everyone for your suggestions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt1 said:

I love taking my printed, full color, glorious luggage paper tickets into work and hanging them on the giant cork bulletin board above my desk for a few days - just reminding everybody there that they’re NOT going on a cruise. LOL 🤣🤣🤣

Love it! 😁

3 hours ago, matt1 said:

I love taking my printed, full color, glorious luggage paper tickets into work and hanging them on the giant cork bulletin board above my desk for a few days - just reminding everybody there that they’re NOT going on a cruise. LOL 🤣🤣🤣

I prefer not to let anyone know my house will be empty for a week. You never really  know who you work with or who they associate with.

• Haha 1

Just now, loman said:

I prefer not to let anyone know my house will be empty for a week. You never really  know who you work with or who they associate with.

Don’t care. If someone wants to rob MY place, please by all means have at it. I’m insured. But, I’ve got all of my building neighbors watching the place, someone stopping to feed the cat twice a day, I’m leaving all of the TV’s on (so that cat doesn’t get bored) and it looks like someone is home, my living room lights are set on two different timers, and my Echo Dot is set 6x a day to go off to music by Michael Jones. And, I live in a very safe, very quiet neighborhood.

Not worried. At all. 😎

• Like 2

Ok a quick question.  In the edocs suggested color printer for t luggage tags but didn't sound  like it has to be.  Has anyone ever used none color ones  luggage tags . We don't have a color printer at home the one I have access to at work isn't color.  So just want to see if anyone as used ones not in color tags

Edited by Steve&Teri

4 minutes ago, Steve&Teri said:

Ok a quick question.  In the edocs suggested color printer for t luggage tags but didn't sound  like it has to be.  Has anyone ever used none color ones  luggage tags . We don't have a color printer at home the one I have access to at work isn't color.  So just want to see if anyone as used ones not in color tags

Not in a very long time.

10 minutes ago, Steve&Teri said:

We used black and white tags in August for Adventure. Everything arrived safely at our cabin.

10 minutes ago, Steve&Teri said:

In the edocs suggested color printer for t luggage tags but didn't sound  like it has to be.  Has anyone ever used none color ones  luggage tags . We don't have a color printer at home the one I have access to at work isn't color.  So just want to see if anyone as used ones not in color tags

This now also makes me wonder, since I haven’t cruised in quite some time, if the tags are also COLOR coded by decks? 

31 minutes ago, canwegonow said:

We used black and white tags in August for Adventure. Everything arrived safely at our cabin.

Thank you if I can't find some place convenient to print them in color we will just use black and white we always tip well so I am sure the will at least make it on the ship.

1 hour ago, Steve&Teri said:

Dont need color .  The porters make them in black and white . Gets luggage to the cabin every time.

I have a non color laser printer that i used when i was working. Never had a need for a color type.

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

This now also makes me wonder, since I haven’t cruised in quite some time, if the tags are also COLOR coded by decks? 

They are color coded, but, I don't believe it's by decks.  They do suggest printing in color, but, as others have said, they work just fine if you do not.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Steve&Teri said:

Black and white work just fine.  No worries.  Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

18 hours ago, Steve&Teri said:

I'll chime in with the others and say that we've had no trouble at all with monochrome tags. No worries at all.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Tuckster said:

So if my printer is acting up, where/how do I print my luggage tags ??? Last time we cruised, I thought they mailed them to us. 

The porters at the pier will have blank ones they fill in and attach.   Or can you borrow someone's printer?