Booster shot????

beshears

46 minutes ago, beshears said:

I am over the age of 70, but in good health, and have had my shots. I am cruising with 7 others, which are my family. Is it REQUIRED to have a booster shot because of my age?

No boosters are not required

Not required. 

I listed my booster date as the date of my last vaccination, and the date had to be changed when I checked in.  They changed it to the date of my second Pfizer shot because that is the information they use as “fully vaccinated“. 

m

• Like 1

Hoping to get a question in before we get shut down...

Anyone know if a booster shot can lead to a false positive test? I know you can’t actually get the disease itself from a shot, but what about the tests - I got a cruse coming up and don’t want to do anything that would cause me to test positive and miss the boat. 

10 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Anyone know if a booster shot can lead to a false positive test? I know you can’t actually get the disease itself from a shot, but what about the tests - I got a cruse coming up and don’t want to do anything that would cause me to test positive and miss the boat. 

Nope. 

I also support people getting a booster on cruises if they are planning to interact with ANYONE outside their party, including going to shows. If you are planning on sticking with your own group, staying masked and physically distant, you will probably be fine. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Absolutely not. The booster or any vaccination has zero active virus that can be detected by a COVID Test.

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

We just got off the simulated Navigator cruise on Wed.. We had gotten the booster five days prior to sailing. We took our test on Sat., three days after the booster. No problems. At check in the nice man was a little confused by the multiple shot dates on our card since it looked like our last shot was only five days prior, but they were in training and not sure how many booster passengers they had seen. Once we showed him or original shots were in Feb. everything was fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also a septuagenarian and was on the Liberty a few weeks ago.  I had received by third jab a week before boarding and was concerned about the date.  They looked at my vaccination record and only paid attention to the first two jabs and when they were given (early 2021).  They did not pay attention to the third jab on the record. 

15 hours ago, beshears said:

I am over the age of 70, but in good health, and have had my shots. I am cruising with 7 others, which are my family. Is it REQUIRED to have a booster shot because of my age?

People are fully vaccinated 14 days after their second shot (or first shot of J&J). No booster is currently needed

I would recommend the booster if it is over six months since you completed your first two shots.

It seems that there is a chance of the people contacting the virus  even if they had the shots. Especially after the aforementioned 6 month lapse.