Upcoming Caribbean Princess Livethread! 11/28-12/5

amanda384

17 hours ago, Cruisindad said:

Heh. I made the mistake of setting up 6:00 appts for each night, which I am in the process of changing to 7:20, pending Medallion app cooperation.

It appeared they werenot set up to handle the number of non-sharing 2-tops,    resulting in them running out of tables and a lot of staring at the seating chart.

Why the reservation system allowed that many reservations without being able to accommodate them is unclear,

HI! I hope you are having a good time! Can you tell me which shows on the carribean princess? Thanks!

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Ok...I will get out my magnifying glass to view them....LOL!

No need to use a magnifying glass. It is as simple as abc.

a) Click on the photo. It will bring up that photo in the same size in the same tab. (If multiple photos are posted, you may need to use < or > on the new photo to select the one you want.)

b) Click on the new photo. It will bring up that photo in the same size in a new tab.

c) Click on the photo in the new tab. It will enlarge it so it is easy to read.

Works with any posted photo.

13 minutes ago, caribill said:

No need to use a magnifying glass. It is as simple as abc.

a) Click on the photo. It will bring up that photo in the same size in the same tab. (If multiple photos are posted, you may need to use < or > on the new photo to select the one you want.)

b) Click on the new photo. It will bring up that photo in the same size in a new tab.

c) Click on the photo in the new tab. It will enlarge it so it is easy to read.

Works with any posted photo.

Thanks!  I figured it out!

If anyone happens to go by the Crown Grill or Sabitini's could you please take a pic of the current menu. 

Also, if you happen to use the spa could you ask if they offer makeup services if you were to bring you own products.

Thanks 

Edited by runner2013
add more content

35 minutes ago, Honeybe said:

Hey can you tell me if the laundry uses quarters, credit card, or medallion to pay for the washer and dryer?   Thanks 

I just checked the laundry on our deck (Caribe), and  you use the Medallion to charge tokens to your account, then use the tokens in the machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Promenade is open all the way around the back. Crew smoking area in the aft starboard corner. Passenger smoking area starboard just outside the doors by Club Fusion. If people are smoking there you will smell it in that part of the Promenade when outside.

We are starboard aft-facing corner cabin on Dolphin and haven't smelled any smoke on our balcony. 

8 hours ago, runner2013 said:

If anyone happens to go by the Crown Grill or Sabitini's could you please take a pic of the current menu. 

Also, if you happen to use the spa could you ask if they offer makeup services if you were to bring you own products.

Thanks 

I’m having trouble uploading photos of the menus, but they appear unchanged from what can be found on Princess.com,

Also  as an FYI, we’ve been told both Steamers snd Planks are closed all week, which is a disappointment.

I may have missed these answers and if so I apologize:   any idea the number of passengers onboard?  What is the masking policy and is it being enforced, passengers complying?  Same question about the theater, masking, spacing etc.?

Thanks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, whitecap said:

I may have missed these answers and if so I apologize:   any idea the number of passengers onboard?  What is the masking policy and is it being enforced, passengers complying?  Same question about the theater, masking, spacing etc.?

Thanks

Fellow cruiser Gaynors  mentioned in post #61 approx 1400 pax and slightly under 1100 crew. Crew has been great and very happy to have guests back onboard. Some are clearly on first contract and  learning on the job, which is probably challenging in any event but more so with Medallion technology, which, surprise, doesn’t always cooperate. A lot of “just give me your cabin #.”

As for masking policy, here is my take. Others may see it differently. Generally everyone is wearing masks in interior space, to their table, into bars. As for “sip and cover” in bars,  to me it looks more like the policy is “unmask for the duration of the libation.”

Most everyone had masks on in theatre, at least until the lights went down, who knows after that. But theatre was probably less than 25% occupied for 9:45 show.

Also theatre made firm announcement about mask requirement.

Edited by Cruisindad
Added detail
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruisindad said:

Fellow cruiser Gaynors  mentioned in post #61 approx 1400 pax and slightly under 1100 crew. Crew has been great and very happy to have guests back onboard. Some are clearly on first contract and  learning on the job, which is probably challenging in any event but more so with Medallion technology, which, surprise, doesn’t always cooperate. A lot of “just give me your cabin #.”

As for masking policy, here is my take. Others may see it differently. Generally everyone is wearing masks in interior space, to their table, into bars. As for “sip and cover” in bars,  to me it looks more like the policy is “unmask for the duration of the libation.”

Most everyone had masks on in theatre, at least until the lights went down, who knows after that. But theatre was probably less than 25% occupied for 9:45 show.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Some musings as we wait for the production show:

Medallion ordering. I wondered “can I really order something from the bar and have it sent to my room?”  So at 4:45 I ordered a frozen Cocktail and a bottle of water for our mid aft Caribe deck cabin. At 4:53 I had a knock on the door and there they were!  Pretty impressive.
it appears there are times ordering drinks through the app works great and at other times not so much.

it’s great in a relatively uncrowded  bar when the waiter is not around and you’re ready for another drink. Just use the app and  they’ll bring it by.

Contrast that with ordering in a packed Crooners bar. Total train wreck. Waiters trying to determine which of the tightly packed Medallions is the target for the order. 

Usher is making unmasked patrons mask up in the theatre. 

• Like 2

It amazes me that someone takes precious cruise time to post a live review and so many ask questions that the answers can be found elsewhere.  It is the OP who decides what questions to respond to, but does anyone consider the additional time taken to investigate and reply to so many personal questions?  It is great so many others have helped with answers.

• Like 1