Ashamed of Royal Carib….

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

you see that in so many posts. they start out by mentioning status. it's why i think all status should be eliminated. we are all equal. but there are many point chasing threads whining bout if you get double points for this and that and it's just nuts. and people expecting better service.  speaking of status. i was just reminded of an article that the longer you stay with your car insurance, the more likely they are to jack up your prices because you are too lazy to price shop. and thats your lesson of the day

Everyone is equal in that they can  all spend as much money as they want to buy a cruise status level.  A lot of people mention their status to either show they aren't newbies and can answer questions or to ask about something specific.  It doesn't bother me when someone mentions their status.  What bothers me more is when they obviously have no clue at all.    As for the insurance statement, it's not entirely true for everyone.  We have USAA and have very low rates and great service, but then, you have to have served your country in order to qualify for it.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Its pretty easy for everyone to be flippant to the OP when its not their money.

Oh please,  this has been going on across all cruise lines for 18 plus months now. It's common knowledge at this point.  If you have several cruises booked and are worried about a $100 adjustment than you shouldn't be leaving larger deposits on cruises which will take just as long if not longer to get back should you cancel.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Oh please,  this has been going on across all cruise lines for 18 plus months now. It's common knowledge at this point.  If you have several cruises booked and are worried about a $100 adjustment than you shouldn't be leaving larger deposits on cruises which will take just as long if not longer to get back should you cancel.

I do agree with you.   I wish people would be more concerned about delays of FCC by more than 45-60 days.  I am waiting on 3 from Aug and Sept cancels.  I get the partial credit on my card and then wait and wait for FCC.

Even so, it has not kept me from booking a Nov cruise that I just did last week.   

So being upset about adjustment of $167 seems to be falling on deaf ears here on cc.   

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm ashamed of myself for clicking into this thread and posting. 😀

I understand,  I was feeling the same thing but thought, I may of never found out about Butterfish Squirts if I have never checked out this thread.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I do agree with you.   I wish people would be more concerned about delays of FCC by more than 45-60 days.  I am waiting on 3 from Aug and Sept cancels.  I get the partial credit on my card and then wait and wait for FCC.

Even so, it has not kept me from booking a Nov cruise that I just did last week.   

So being upset about adjustment of $167 seems to be falling on deaf ears here on cc.   

The FCC situation is far worse. It's nothing but a credit with the same company. Why does it take so long? It's not like they are writing a check and need the money to back it.

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The FCC situation is far worse. It's nothing but a credit with the same company. Why does it take so long? It's not like they are writing a check and need the money to back it.

Same company, different departments.  We've received FCC's and refunds pretty quickly over the last 18 months (at least 5 cruises).  And, we applied our FCC's with no issue to our upcoming  HOTS cruise this weekend.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

Everyone is equal in that they can  all spend as much money as they want to buy a cruise status level.  A lot of people mention their status to either show they aren't newbies and can answer questions or to ask about something specific.  It doesn't bother me when someone mentions their status.  What bothers me more is when they obviously have no clue at all.    As for the insurance statement, it's not entirely true for everyone.  We have USAA and have very low rates and great service, but then, you have to have served your country in order to qualify for it.  

Not true. Eligible family members of those that served... qualify.

Oh, and they are not the best in price (fact) or service.(opinion) I still use them for a tertiary financial institution, but that is about it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Disagree. Speaking only for my wife and I. 

No doubt it's true for many others as well. But then my "joke / snark / dig" wouldn't have had the same impact if I omitted that line.

• Like 1

Royal cancelled my March Ovation cruise & told me that my FCC’s that were used can not be transferred to my July Med cruises because they have to issue new FCC’s which will have different numbers & that will take between 45 & 60 days to issue.  Why??????   

Also, what gets under my skin with Royal is if they don’t receive your final payment by the due date they cancel your cruise, they show no flexibility.  Me thinks it all one way traffic with Royal.  They really don’t care about their loyal customers which is a shame!

On 11/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

$167.00

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'd hate to see their blood pressure over $5000

We may not have long to wait. If the OP cancels those 3 other cruises as threatened, it may only be 30 days before the blood pressure hits the roof. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, Russ Lomas said:

What is frustrating is when you have a refund owed to you and wait months for it.  Now when a final payment for another cruise is due, it is due that day, or they cancel it on you.  At this time, I would be happy if they just applied my refund to my next cruise with them, but that is not possible, and I will be getting a request to pay several more thousand dollars to them soon.

Whats beginning to bother me is , and this applies a bit more to Celebrity, when you have a high gross price, and non refundable decent sized  OBC are allocated, I am thinking the cost of the cruise is a net price. The 2 cruises I have open on X now, between X and the agent, I have either OBC or after the cruise cash equal to 30% of the gross cost of cruise.

The problem is if you need to cancel inside  90 days, the amount at risk or to be used on a future cruise  or wait for a refund is much larger than the net cost of the trip. If that makes sense. It is not a problem if you actually cruise.

I had that on one X cruise and a family RCCL cruise where when I analyzed it, it seemed smarter to get my refund back than to pay the final payment,  Then I learned that there was no lift and shift as my 2 cruises on X still have not been offered. Admittedly, that was Summer 2020, when the cruise lines future was unknown.

But had I made the deposit, I would  have had  a lot of "skin" in the game.

I guess everything  depends on perspective.

Another policy issue for the RCCL consolidated business, or any cruise line: When we used to cancel inside 90 60 or 30 days the penalty kept by the cruise line should have club points allocated, even though insurance (that we paid for ) took care of the whole reimbursement (that insurance ain't cheap, especially if you have to buy 30% more insurance than you need to viz a viz the old pre covid way of doing cancellations ).

So I just grind my teeth and hope everything works out well, or cancell at the 90 days.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:35 PM, Cigar King said:

My understanding from friends who were on the cruise is they got a day refunded and a FCC. (I think it was 100 bucks)  Someone can correct me.

we were on this cruise and I've haven't seen a $167 refund show up nor did we have a $167 OBC. In fact, RCI lost one of the  3 night dining packages I had purchased using OBC we had. So I cancelled the one we had left and they posted that as OBC. I had printed out the confirmation of purchase and showed Guest Services the credit card billing but they still denied I had purchased 2 dining packages.

I am also a D+ and went on this same cruise with you. Royal Caribbean also still owes me for that lost night as well. Instead of being disappointed, I am thankful for being able to cruise again and on the only revenue transatlantic cruise that Royal offered this year. Even if I never see the $100 refund, it was well worth it to enjoy those 13 nights and get those double points. Not to mention that we did also get an extra $100 in onboard credit for the inconvenience. 

Edited by WeighAnchor
  • Like 4

On 11/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

RICH PEOPLE PROBLEMS....................

• Haha 3