Ashamed of Royal Carib….

4 hours ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .

Really?  you're gonna cancel three cruises over $167.00? That's quite the temper tantrum.  And I think you'll be waiting a long time for that corporate executive phone call.

• Like 6

"My name is Tommy Flanagan.  I am a silver...no, uh, gold, no...uh....platinum ruby diamond plutonium plus plus cruiser with Royal Caribbean.  Yeah, that's what I am!

My girlfriend, Amy...no....uh, Susan...no, uh.....Morgan Fairchild, yeah, that's the ticket.  Me and Morgan Fairchild were booked in the Owners Suite, no.....the Presidential Suite....no...uh, the Royal Highness Suite....no....uh...the whole ship, yeah, that's it, the whole ship.  We had the whole ship booked all for Morgan Fairchild and me and our friends.

Anyway, the cruise was cancelled and Royal Caribbean....they owe us.....thousands of dollars....no wait, millions, yea, millions of dollars.  That's it, they owe us five hundred million dollars.  And they haven't paid us yet.  So, we are cancelling all of our cruises, that's right, me and Morgan Fairchild are cancelling two....no...ten....no....twenty more cruises, yeah, that's it.  Twenty more cruises for billions of dollars.  Me and Morgan Fairchild and our best friends....uh.....Bezos and Gates and Musk.  None of us are going....we are all going to cancel.  Yeah, that's the ticket."

Nobody likes the internet equivalent of a tantrum.  This thread is the equivalent of "do you know who I am and how much I spend" directed to a group of people who have nothing to do with your refund.  As some would say, if you can't afford the $167, you can't afford to cruise.  Just work it out with RCL or not.  Cancel or not.  Quit sailing them or not.  It doesn't matter.  I'm sure Carnival will welcome your business and you are sure to find them up to your standards! 

Good luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  

There's no better way to get a result than to tell the company  the old "I'll never do business with you again!", and then post it on a website.

Because they know not to bother.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

Someone who eats too much butterfish?

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Crap!! Not the butterfish. 😂

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

I like mine with fresh ground pepper.

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is the first I have heard of butterfish.  Looked it up and still, not familiar with it.  Do people really eat it?  If so, is it good?  I almost skipped this post but glad I didn’t.  I like learning about food I haven’t tried.

I've never heard of butterfish, either!!  As Ozark asked, and I'd also like to know,,,,is it good??

Inquiring minds would like to know!😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

My understanding from friends who were on the cruise is they got a day refunded and a FCC. (I think it was 100 bucks)  Someone can correct me.

Ok, I'll try.  One day refund and some OBC.  Like, the OP, I'm still waiting, though I believe I'm in the minority.  Most others I spoke to on the cruise have received theirs.  Unlike the OP, I'm keeping my next bookings.😉

What the OP didn't say is that any of us who made cruise planner purchases of items at daily rates got a pleasant surprise once on the ship and a one day per diem refund for each of those was credited to our onboard account. Shoreside had repeatedly said that we'd need to cancel the 14 day items and repurchase the 13 day to get the reduction, which didn't at all pay for me to do at the current rates. So a win in my book.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I've never heard of butterfish, either!!  As Ozark asked, and I'd also like to know,,,,is it good??

Inquiring minds would like to know!😁

Errr, if you saw the original thread you would never want to try it lol.

• Haha 3

Have you read all the threads and news stories about this.  How could you be surprised?  Their systems were never designed to deal with issues on this scale (and they are not known for having the best IT systems anyway).  There are thousands, if not tens of thousands of people with a lot more money owed for much longer.  I'm not saying it's right, it just is.  Yelling, screaming or generally chewing out a CS rep will accomplish nothing, except to make both of your days worse.  As for deciding to cruise on another cruise line, go look at the threads for that company, whichever one it is.  You will find that they are all in this position.  Whether it is a lack of personnel, slow computers, lack of available funds for refunds or anything else, it looks like nothing is going to change for at least the next few months.

The real remedy for this is already in the works, namely legislation regarding how long a travel company can take to refund your money or face penalties for not doing so. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

In all reality, may not be late at all. The refund countdown may not have started until the conclusion of the cruise. 

Nope.  It's now overdue. Original letter excerpt below. As I said, I believe those of us who did not receive it yet are in the minority. There were between 1200 -1300 that sailed.

• Beginning October 15th, 2021, we’ll automatically move you to the Harmony of the Seas sailing debarking a day earlier than your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your cruise fare will be reduced by one day. You can expect to receive the refund for this amount (excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items) to your original form of payment within 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Mike Bayley (yup, he said I could call him Mike) called me today. My phone said Moscow, I figure he is on a cruise. He asked for my credit card numbers, I gave them to him. He said my refund would be credited by the end of the week. 

see , you can get a call from the higher corporation folks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

Mike Bayley (yup, he said I could call him Mike) called me today. My phone said Moscow, I figure he is on a cruise. He asked for my credit card numbers, I gave them to him. He said my refund would be credited by the end of the week. 

see , you can get a call from the higher corporation folks. 

He's probably there to announce the new major cruise terminal that Royal is building in Moscow.  No doubt he was impressed by your C&A status and made sure to deliver the news personally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is the first I have heard of butterfish.  Looked it up and still, not familiar with it.  Do people really eat it?  If so, is it good?  I almost skipped this post but glad I didn’t.  I like learning about food I haven’t tried.

Four or five years ago it was a ongoing funny thread about butterfish and it's side affects. 😂 

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

He's probably there to announce the new major cruise terminal that Royal is building in Moscow.  No doubt he was impressed by your C&A status and made sure to deliver the news personally.

And before he ended the call, he reminded you that he was trying to get a hold of you about your car warranty…🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Four or five years ago it was a ongoing funny thread about butterfish and it's side affects. 😂 

Just got done checking out the old thread and it was funny.  The term Butterfish Squirt is something else I was not familiar with but it’s something that will stink with me.  I meant stick….. spell check 😂 .   It might make for a good response to some CC posts.     Example, you’re full of BFS or BF squirts.  Which one would be better understood or recognized, BFS OR BF Squits?  That’s a bunch of BFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

"Ashamed"....isn't the word you should have used..more like disappointed/upset etc.

Also your C&A level has nothing to do with this.....Why should it??

Cancelling cruises...who cares...but you won't.

Expecting to get a call of apology from an executive.....now that's funny !!

This is almost exactly what I would respond with....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

Hopefully you enjoyed your cruise.  Was that the TA crossing you were on? Dont sweat the small stuff you will get your $167 refund.  

Maybe try calling c&a desk next time you want to complain.  I highly doubt you will ever get a phone call from any executive for $167 refund.

• Like 1

Who cares what status you are.  It shocks me about those who have to identify themselves in these post by the tier they are at like anyone cares?  And this might shock you but Royal Caribbean don't care what tier you are either.  You won't go to the head of the line for refunds....  Royal Caribbean waves the carrot in your face, rolls out the red carpet and the trumpets blow as you board get your cheap freebies.  I hope you don't expect symphony from anyone for your lousy 167.00 you are whining about. Apparently money is not an issue with you if you are wanting to pull the plug on three more cruises.  Good luck. Hope your refund comes soon to you so you can continue sailing with RC, I don't know what they will do without you

• Haha 2