Shareholder obc but price increase

shipsealand

I did final payment for DW and I on a cruise to Hawaii, round trip LA.  Then a month later submitted the info for DW shareholder $250 obc.  Got the obc but noticed that the cabin price went up $154 for her.  Mines stayed the same.  Tried to call Princess yesterday but they were already off for the Thanksgiving holiday.   Anyone else had similar experience?  I plan on calling Princess on Monday.  Any tips on how did you get it resolved?  

I have never heard of anything like this. Your Shareholder benefit has no relationship to your cabin pricing. Did they actually charge your credit card additional money?

If you have a TA they can pull up your booking and verify whether Princess is showing your booking paid in full.

To learn more you, or your TA if you used one, will need to call Princess.  Be prepared for a long hold as wait times are much longer than normal. 

I have email statement from Princess Sept 29 showing the correct final payment amount which I paid on the due date of Oct 6.  I submitted a request for shareholder obc about the beginning of November.  On Nov 23 I went on the Princess website to check if the shareholder credit came through.  It did and that was when I saw the notice that $154 was due.  In the details it shows for the same booking in our cabin my cost stayed the same but DW went up.  (DW thinks because she is a princess, she is being charged more for better amenities than me.) My credit card was not charged more, I have to authorize that which I haven't.  Princess did not send me a bill for an additional amount via email or snail mail, I only know about the increase when I looked myself on the website for my booking.  I will be calling Princess this coming Monday when they are back to work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipsealand said:

I have email statement from Princess Sept 29 showing the correct final payment amount which I paid on the due date of Oct 6.  I submitted a request for shareholder obc about the beginning of November.  On Nov 23 I went on the Princess website to check if the shareholder credit came through.  It did and that was when I saw the notice that $154 was due.  In the details it shows for the same booking in our cabin my cost stayed the same but DW went up.  (DW thinks because she is a princess, she is being charged more for better amenities than me.) My credit card was not charged more, I have to authorize that which I haven't.  Princess did not send me a bill for an additional amount via email or snail mail, I only know about the increase when I looked myself on the website for my booking.  I will be calling Princess this coming Monday when they are back to work.

Get on that phone 

Just one more reason to use a decent cruise/travel agent.  If that kind of thing happened you would simply send off a short e-mail to your agent and let them handle the issue.  No waiting on hold, no hassles.  And then there is the extra On Board Credit you get from dealing with agencies.  On our upcoming Enchantment booking our cruise agency tossed in an extra $600 OBC (you do not get this when booking direct with the cruise line).

Hank

• Like 1

This may be an increase in port fees.  Not sure how that affects only one of you though.     

You'll find out when you call.  

Where did you "notice" the price change? 

If you booked yourself, you may be able to check online on the website - does the payments tab give you an accounting of your costs / payments?   I use a TA so my payments tab does not show cruise cost.   

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

OP said her cabin fare went up. When you go online and select PAYMENTS then BOOKING BALANCE you are given the option of VIEW GUEST LEVEL INVOICE DETAILS where it shows each persons charges and onboard credits. Is that how the OP determined it was CRUISE FARE and not anything else guest? Really strange that (1) 1 of the cruise fares increased not both (2) it happened after booking. So glad I have a PVP. Shoot an email off and get her on it

@shipsealandhave you called yet this morning?

Edited by Ombud

Called Princess just in case they were opened today.  Talked to rep who had to go over my situation with supervisor.  Reply was I owe no additional money, it was a "computer glitch" and will be sent email confirmation.  I checked the payments tab and details as previously and this time DW is paying same as mines and the costs are correct as in my original billing. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, shipsealand said:

Called Princess just in case they were opened today.  Talked to rep who had to go over my situation with supervisor.  Reply was I owe no additional money, it was a "computer glitch" and will be sent email confirmation.  I checked the payments tab and details as previously and this time DW is paying same as mines and the costs are correct as in my original billing. 

But, I wonder what would have happened if you did not check and have them confirm it was incorrect. Would they pocket it like the sales tax incorrectly charged that was mentioned in another thread?

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

But, I wonder what would have happened if you did not check and have them confirm it was incorrect. Would they pocket it like the sales tax incorrectly charged that was mentioned in another thread?

Or worse -- cancel the booking for lack of full payment.

15 hours ago, shipsealand said:

Since there was a 'glitch' I would ask Princess to send an e-mail to you confirming that you and DW are fully paid.  You don't want to be called to the Passenger Service Desk on disembarkation day because the onboard computers still show the 'glitch.'  JMHO.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Appreciate all your helpful comments.  I just made several screen images from the Princess website showing the cruise is paid in full and have forwarded to my cell phone so that if any issues, I would have proof of full payment with me.  Also the total amount I have paid and the total cost of the cruise and also have forwarded.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shipsealand said:

Appreciate all your helpful comments.  I just made several screen images from the Princess website showing the cruise is paid in full and have forwarded to my cell phone so that if any issues, I would have proof of full payment with me.  Also the total amount I have paid and the total cost of the cruise and also have forwarded.

Have a fantastic cruise!

5 hours ago, shipsealand said:

You can never be too careful. 

Wishing a great cruise (with no more glitches) for the two of you.