check-in is this week .. but what time?

Check-in for our January 16 Liberty cruise is this week, Dec. 2, but at what time?  12:01 am Dec. 2 morning or later in the day? Or do we have to wait to get an email from Royal?  I have the app, but I'd prefer to check-in on the computer.  I logged in earlier today on the computer, but there's no check-in link yet.  I guess it will appear on Dec. 2.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Check-in for our January 16 Liberty cruise is this week, Dec. 2, but at what time?  12:01 am Dec. 2 morning or later in the day? Or do we have to wait to get an email from Royal?  I have the app, but I'd prefer to check-in on the computer.  I logged in earlier today on the computer, but there's no check-in link yet.  I guess it will appear on Dec. 2.  

Online check in opens at midnight - or just a few mins after if you refresh. You can complete on the app or on a computer. But you need to upload vaccine cert portion thru the app.

My check in seemed to open at midnight eastern time (I do not know if it differs for ships departing other time zones).  You do not need to wait for an email.  

To me the biggest reason to check in early to to get your pick of arrival times.  For one of our cruises we saved just the arrival time on our phone app without taking time to enter all the other info.  So, I think at night/early morning you could just choose and save an arrival time for each guest, then later do the bulk of the check in at your computer at your convenience.  Go back to the app to enter vax cards, again at your convenience.  It sounds a bit convoluted, but it should work that way if you prefer.

I checked in at midnight on my check in day and scored an 11:30 arrival time. But I did check in on the computer, so now I need to go to the app and find where to upload our vaccine cards.

Do I have to upload pictures or is that something that can be done at the port?

I'll tell you that checking in is far, far easier to do on the app than on a laptop. If you have your passport and vaccine card handy, you'll have it done and dusted in a few minutes. Also, as noted above, the app lets you choose an arrival time as the first thing you do, while the website requires you to enter all your info first. 

The app also might allow you to check in earlier than the website. That happened when I checked in a few days ago. I was able to check in via the app even though there was no active link on the website. 

Edited by DCPIV
  • Like 1

Thank you, all.  Yes, getting my pick of check-in/boarding time is why I'd want to be online right after midnight. But, as someone suggested, maybe I'll just check in on the app (since I don't normally stay up until midnight! 😄) and then finish the rest of it later.

1 minute ago, Flygirl1999 said:

Hi,

Just reading this thread and thought to ask……….is it always 7 days prior to checkin? (The earliest you can check in). 

I was told by rep it was 30 days prior, but maybe that’s for the forms/documents/waivers and such?

thanks!

It's 45 days prior to sailing, typically. 

1 hour ago, hometoosoon said:

If we have multiple people traveling together, and have linked our reservations, if one person checks in at midnight…can the others join that time?

Typically yes, but it may depend on the staff at the port. 

Reporting back:  I happened to wake up last night at six minutes after midnight, so I checked the app on my phone and it said Check-in Open.  (We are in central Texas, so same time zone as Galveston.) I was able to get the 11:30 arrival time and this morning, I'll finish uploading all the other information.  

And, by the way, it's now almost 8:30 Thursday morning and no email from Royal advising that check-in is open.  So, keep tabs on it for yourself.

Edited by Kellie in Texas
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, DCPIV said:

I'll tell you that checking in is far, far easier to do on the app than on a laptop. If you have your passport and vaccine card handy, you'll have it done and dusted in a few minutes.

We have images of our vaccine cards an our head shot photos on our iPads, so uploading them during the check in process is a piece of cake.

Has everyone been checking in at 45 days?  Are you just guessing or did you receive notice?  I know some have posted that they couldn't check in until 30 days.  So the best bet is to look every day ???

My cruise is January 22.  

47 minutes ago, mafig said:

Has everyone been checking in at 45 days?  Are you just guessing or did you receive notice?  I know some have posted that they couldn't check in until 30 days.  So the best bet is to look every day ???

My cruise is January 22. 

Early in the restart process check-in availability was all over the place. Somewhere around Sept-October (you can search threads if you need an exact date..going from memory), they established the 45 day time. I am sure that also will change at some point:)

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mafig said:

My cruise is January 22.  

On the app it tells you when to checkin for your cruise.  Did it shortly after midnight eastern time for our December and January cruises as I wanted an early boarding time.