Children 5 and older must be vaccinated.

bajathree

3 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

"Unvaccinated kids" do you realize how that sounds? Kids have NEVER been forced to get a flu shot, this virus, variants etc are getting ridiculous. There has always been variants, every year, that's why new flu shots come out every winter. This new one Omicron, scramble the words and it spells moronic, think about it.

No, but in many states children are required to get a number of vaccinations before attending school.  Including diseases that have a lower mortality rate than Covid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

"Unvaccinated kids" do you realize how that sounds? Kids have NEVER been forced to get a flu shot, this virus, variants etc are getting ridiculous. There has always been variants, every year, that's why new flu shots come out every winter. This new one Omicron, scramble the words and it spells moronic, think about it.

Yes, I did ‘think about it’ and that’s why I got my shots as soon as as I could; got my Booster ASAP along with my wife; my adult daughters are all vaccinated; our granddaughters are all vaccinated…….are you really serious ‘thinking’ Omicron is not a potential threat or is some joke or conspiracy? Please.

And by the way, what has the flu shot have to do with COVID??? Kids have been required to get vaccines for a long, long time. COVID ain’t the flu!  

I’m quite glad Celebrity is moving forward with requirements that are in line with reality. Cruised over Thanksgiving and felt it was safer than being ashore, and hoping we can continue. But reality will decide that for us. Not playing Scrabble with letters.

Den 

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE from Celebrity:

The below protocol has been postponed until further notice, while we
continue to monitor global situations and lead our industry forward safely.

The COVID-19 global pandemic has not only changed the way we all do business, it has altered operating protocols and safety expectations in almost every aspect of the travel industry. Since the beginning of this crisis, Celebrity Cruises has kept one goal tantamount above all others: to offer the safest cruise vacation options in the industry. That's why we enlisted a panel of experts to advise up on adjusting our already exemplary health and safety protocols to new industry-leading standards. That's why we continually update our protocols to ensure we are staying ahead of global situations. It's all in an effort of leadership in safety, ensuring our guests and your clients will enjoy their bucket list vacation with zero worries. With these enhanced protocols, we've transported hundreds of thousands of guests across the globe safely.

That's why, as of February 1, 2022 we are asking that all guests 5 years of age and older be fully vaccinated to sail. At that time, unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. We are certain this new adjustment will continue to make us an industry leader in healthy cruising.

• Like 1

It does look like that requirement has been removed from the Celebrity country travel restrictions page.   I wonder why they backtracked on that.   While unfortunate for those who might have had to cancel I can't imagine it had any sizeable effect on bookings.

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It does look like that requirement has been removed from the Celebrity country travel restrictions page.   I wonder why they backtracked on that.   While unfortunate for those who might have had to cancel I can't imagine it had any sizeable effect on bookings.

Still showing in the UK 😂

As usual RCI is sometimes confusing at best and COVID has helped to add to that confusion. It's apparent that they are either second thinking their decision on children 5 and older or going to come up with some further protocol to supersede.....who knows. 

Check the FAQs here... and the answer to this question "Are there any restrictions for unvaccinated children who are ineligible for the vaccine sailing out of Florida?"

Still says:

"Effective February 1, 2022 all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated, at that time unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to take a PCR test at the Pier and an Antigen test at the end of the cruise."

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

"Effective February 1, 2022 all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated, at that time unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to take a PCR test at the Pier and an Antigen test at the end of the cruise."

The European updates are slower than US ones.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:51 PM, kentlady said:

Really upset by this decision as we are booked along with my Daughter and her family to go at the end of March 2022. We lost our Son in July this year and this cruise was meant to be a time for us all to be together and make new memories, unfortunately the uk don’t vaccinate children under 12 which means our 9 year old grandson won’t be allowed to sail. I appreciate what Celebrity are trying to do in keeping everyone safe but feel that for those children who are unable to get a jab through no fault of their own then negative tests prior to boarding and re testing throughout the cruise should suffice.

Now that we know Celebrity has put this policy on hold, I wonder if they have made this decision based on the unavailability of vaccination for 5+ in other countries? Maybe vaccination for all who are eligible should exempt your 9 year old grandson?  I guess we’ll wait and see.  I am a big supporter of vaccine requirements, have had 3 doses myself, but could understand that there are special circumstances.  They would be tested and Celebrity would still maintain 95%+ vaccination for passengers.

I’m truly sorry for your loss and hope that your family is able to have a lovely vacation together whether that be on a cruise or somewhere else.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kellyclayt said:

Now that we know Celebrity has put this policy on hold, I wonder if they have made this decision based on the unavailability of vaccination for 5+ in other countries? 

While the vaccine is now available in Canada, with shots starting last week, there's an 8 week period between shots under Canadian protocols, plus the two weeks needed following the second shot to be considered fully vaccinated, so it would be impossible to meet the February 1 deadline. I imagine that Celebrity had a slew of cancellations, or at least enquiries, since making the initial announcement.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

While the vaccine is now available in Canada, with shots starting last week, there's an 8 week period between shots under Canadian protocols, plus the two weeks needed following the second shot to be considered fully vaccinated, so it would be impossible to meet the February 1 deadline. I imagine that Celebrity had a slew of cancellations, or at least enquiries, since making the initial announcement.

So hopefully just a slight delay in implementation or policy based on country.    February 1 is an easy time frame for U.S. kids.  My young nieces and nephews are already fully vaccinated, but the February 1 date is not doable for kids from Canada or UK.  

22 minutes ago, kellyclayt said:

So hopefully just a slight delay in implementation or policy based on country.    February 1 is an easy time frame for U.S. kids.  My young nieces and nephews are already fully vaccinated, but the February 1 date is not doable for kids from Canada or UK.  

I'm all in favour of the kiddies being vaccinated, and all of our younger grand kids have had their first shots. Like you, I hope this is just a slight delay in implementation.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I doubt that there had been a lot of cancellations. Actually Celebrity is not geared to families but more to "modern luxury" (DINK).

Here in Germany they hope to be able to start with the 5 to 11 y group on December 15th. The vaccine is supposed to be delivered December 13th. But currently it´s pretty hard to get an appoinment for vaccinations at all. We have a big group of people who are eligable to get their booster shot. We still have a big group of non vaccinated who are now wanting the shots as the restrictions are getting worse for them.

steamboats