Children 5 and older must be vaccinated.

bajathree

The COVID-19 global pandemic has not only changed the way we all do business, it has altered operating protocols and safety expectations in almost every aspect of the travel industry. Since the beginning of this crisis, Celebrity Cruises has kept one goal tantamount above all others: to offer the safest cruise vacation options in the industry. That's why we enlisted a panel of experts to advise up on adjusting our already exemplary health and safety protocols to new industry-leading standards. That's why we continually update our protocols to ensure we are staying ahead of global situations. It's all in an effort of leadership in safety, ensuring our guests and your clients will enjoy their bucket list vacation with zero worries. With these enhanced protocols, we've transported hundreds of thousands of guests across the globe safely.

That's why, as of February 1, 2022 we are asking that all guests 5 years of age and older be fully vaccinated to sail. At that time, unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. We are certain this new adjustment will continue to make us an industry leader in healthy cruising.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Vaccinations for this age group just started last week in Canada, and the recommended time between shots here is eight weeks. Add the usual two week period after the second shot and it will be mid-February at the earliest before those who had early appointments will be able to cruise. Hopefully no Canadian families will get caught by the February 1 deadline. Possibly they will be able to secure the second shots without the recommended 8 week delay.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Maybe Celebrity should just go "Adult Only"

And why is that? We had about 140 kids onboard on Apex thanksgiving cruise and we barely ever saw any of them….they were kept quite busy and apparently very happy at the ‘Camp’. So no issues for those that have ‘issues’ with kids and no issues with COVID since they were masked and mostly very separate, and of course tested. 

Our daughters cruised when they were young and continuing to cruise themselves, and now bringing our grandkids on. 

Obnoxious kids are almost as bad as the more common Obnoxious adults, using that term loosely. 

And yes, I asked ‘why’ on this one but wont on the ‘totally against the new policy’ since most if not 99% of us don’t care ‘why’. The poster should stick with that other Line if they  don’t like Celebrity’s obvious approach to safety for all passengers and crew. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Vaccinations for this age group just started last week in Canada, and the recommended time between shots here is eight weeks. Add the usual two week period after the second shot and it will be mid-February at the earliest before those who had early appointments will be able to cruise. Hopefully no Canadian families will get caught by the February 1 deadline. Possibly they will be able to secure the second shots without the recommended 8 week delay.

Pretty easy to secure walk in vaccinations in the US in most areas, but more and more locations are going to appointments only.  There is a walk-in location at our airport with limited hours for testing and vaccinations.   Had Canadian friends who flew home recently get both tested and vaccinated.  Free too.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Maybe Celebrity should just go "Adult Only"

My feelings too, as in the UK there is no programme for under 12’s to be vaccinated.

The concentration announced today, in light off the new variant, to to get all Adults boosted by the end of January.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Pretty easy to secure walk in vaccinations in the US in most areas, but more and more locations are going to appointments only.  There is a walk-in location at our airport with limited hours for testing and vaccinations.   Had Canadian friends who flew home recently get both tested and vaccinated.  Free too.

Unfortunately, that's not a viable solution for most children. As they are unvaccinated, they would need to have a negative PCR test before re-entry to Canada, another one upon entry, and a third one on Day 8.

Additionally, while not subject to quarantine if these test are all negative, for 14 days after entry, the children are not allowed to attend school, attend crowded settings, take public transportation, etc., etc., to minimize contact with others. Additionally, parents/guardians must maintain a list of every person with whom the children are in close contact and of all locations visited.

And not surprisingly, if the children display signs of COVID-19 or test positive on any of the tests, there's a whole additional set of regulations governing their isolation and related reporting requirements.

So the children would miss a minimum of two weeks of school, plus whatever time would be lost taking the family cruise, probably another week. Considering the age range, three weeks is a lot for any child to miss school, let alone for just a holiday cruise. 

DD and family are faced with this situation, and as responsible parents, she and her husband have considered and rejected this approach. There is a possibility that they may be able to get the two grandkids their second dose earlier than 8 weeks after the first shot, but if that doesn't pan out, they will cancel their travel plans.

I have to agree with the policy of All Cruisers that are eligible (regardless of age)  to be vaccinated should be required to be vaccinated.    If Children 5-14 are able to be vaccinated then  they should be no different from people 14-100.

• Like 18

We’re way ahead of you, Celebrity. Both of my kids under 12 got their COVID shots as soon as they were approved. We’re ready to cruise!

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 6

Cancelled all future cruises. Pretty sure other vacation places will take 15k in vacation spending money without as many hoops to jump through. Your already required to test before you go on. How ridiculous.

Edited by glmacruise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t understand the disdain for children on Celebrity. I grew up sailing Celebrity and loved it. My sons (2.5 and 6) now love it as well and can’t wait to get on their next “X” boat as they call it. We just got off the Reflection Thanksgiving cruise and of the 860 or so passengers the Camp at Sea staff said 80 children were on board. All of them were well behaved. We dined in Luminae 2 times for dinner because when we entered the dining room on the first night several other tables rolled their eyes and made some comments. Despite our boys great behavior I just hate that judgement.

There are already plenty of cruise lines that are adult only and smaller ships. Celebrity offers a best in class kids program and all the staff always dote on our sons. It always spurs a heartfelt conversation about many of the staffs own children. 

We were in a Signature suite last week and had the same great butler, Gordon, as we had 2 years ago on a Bermuda sailing. On that sailing we celebrated my sons 4th birthday and he helped decorate our room as a surprise for him. He and our room attendant spoiled the boys. We will be on the April Reflection Transatlantic in a Royal and Gordon has requested to be moved to our section for that sailing. The staff and almost every passenger we encounter love having and seeing well behaved children. The 2.5 year old can’t wait to go to “kids club” when he’s 3.

As far as vaccines go, our 6 year old will get the first shot in January. Kids are more tested currently than any other passengers. Test within 3 days of boarding, test again at pier before boarding, and finally test again on next to last day. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rM3panno said:

I don’t understand the disdain for children on Celebrity. I grew up sailing Celebrity and loved it. My sons (2.5 and 6) now love it as well and can’t wait to get on their next “X” boat as they call it. We just got off the Reflection Thanksgiving cruise and of the 860 or so passengers the Camp at Sea staff said 80 children were on board. All of them were well behaved. We dined in Luminae 2 times for dinner because when we entered the dining room on the first night several other tables rolled their eyes and made some comments. Despite our boys great behavior I just hate that judgement.

There are already plenty of cruise lines that are adult only and smaller ships. Celebrity offers a best in class kids program and all the staff always dote on our sons. It always spurs a heartfelt conversation about many of the staffs own children. 

We were in a Signature suite last week and had the same great butler, Gordon, as we had 2 years ago on a Bermuda sailing. On that sailing we celebrated my sons 4th birthday and he helped decorate our room as a surprise for him. He and our room attendant spoiled the boys. We will be on the April Reflection Transatlantic in a Royal and Gordon has requested to be moved to our section for that sailing. The staff and almost every passenger we encounter love having and seeing well behaved children. The 2.5 year old can’t wait to go to “kids club” when he’s 3.

As far as vaccines go, our 6 year old will get the first shot in January. Kids are more tested currently than any other passengers. Test within 3 days of boarding, test again at pier before boarding, and finally test again on next to last day. 

Clearly you are and have taught your children very well!  It’s certainly ok to be a child on Celebrity and have lots of fun, IMO, parents like you prove this!  I don’t think it’s disdain for the kids, it’s more towards the parents that just don’t pay attention towards unruly behavior, but I will say I’ve only seen that fairly infrequent, but when it happens, arghhh.  Good on you and your family, continue to enjoy those Celebrity vacations.  Hope to see you on board one day.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Clearly you are and have taught your children very well!  It’s certainly ok to be a child on Celebrity and have lots of fun, IMO, parents like you prove this!  I don’t think it’s disdain for the kids, it’s more towards the parents that just don’t pay attention towards unruly behavior, but I will say I’ve only seen that fairly infrequent, but when it happens, arghhh.  Good on you and your family, continue to enjoy those Celebrity vacations.  Hope to see you on board one day.

Thanks for the kind words. As has been mentioned before, in my experience I have seen many more misbehaving adults than children on ships.

• Like 4