It's now official on Celebrity...Is Royal next? Children 5 and up must be vaccinated.

bajathree

The COVID-19 global pandemic has not only changed the way we all do business, it has altered operating protocols and safety expectations in almost every aspect of the travel industry. Since the beginning of this crisis, Celebrity Cruises has kept one goal tantamount above all others: to offer the safest cruise vacation options in the industry. That's why we enlisted a panel of experts to advise up on adjusting our already exemplary health and safety protocols to new industry-leading standards. That's why we continually update our protocols to ensure we are staying ahead of global situations. It's all in an effort of leadership in safety, ensuring our guests and your clients will enjoy their bucket list vacation with zero worries. With these enhanced protocols, we've transported hundreds of thousands of guests across the globe safely.

That's why, as of February 1, 2022 we are asking that all guests 5 years of age and older be fully vaccinated to sail. At that time, unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. We are certain this new adjustment will continue to make us an industry leader in healthy cruising.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, alwaysflyin said:

I would think that Royal will not require this until at least 4/1, since it has already announced health protocols through 3/31/22 for children in that age range.

Not necessarily.  My protocols email for an upcoming cruise included a purple link to “View Healthy Sail Center” for latest protocols.   The link states:

Here are the latest protocols for our guests sailing from the U.S., which we will continue to update as public health situations evolve. Booked guests will be provided the latest full details prior to sailing.

Edited by BSocial
Added
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Not necessarily.  My protocols email for an upcoming cruise included a purple link to “View Healthy Sail Center” for latest protocols.   The link states:

Here are the latest protocols for our guests sailing from the U.S., which we will continue to update as public health situations evolve. Booked guests will be provided the latest full details prior to sailing.

Agree. Covid related changes happened last 6 months with weeks notice. Not saying requirement could but between now and "April 1"  possible

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

As long as this also means they're getting rid of masks on board.

Otherwise all they're doing is risking alienating families. The nationwide rate of 5-11s getting their first dose has already flatlined.

Why would you assume they would get rid of masks?  It has been proven that vaccines AND masks are the best way to help protect against the spread of Covid.   How do you figure trying to keep people safe would alienate families?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is in no rush to do this ... They do not want to alienate families.

True, but then why did they require the 12-17 year olds to be vaccinated?

Edited by BSocial

Disney already made it official. Kids 5 and older are required to be vaccinated.

My under 12 kids got vaccinated as soon as they were approved. We’re ready to cruise, 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Disney already made it official. Kids 5 and older are required to be vaccinated.

My under 12 kids got vaccinated as soon as they were approved. We’re ready to cruise, 

Disney is definitely a major family oriented cruise line so  royal may want to grab all the families that dont want to vaccinate their children.

I hope not but their marketing people have probably tossed that idea around.

52 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

That cuts both ways. Some sail because of the protocols. 

17 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Valid point.  Time will tell….$25 balconies again won’t surprise me tho.

They will gain far more customers to a maskless, 95% plus vaccinated ship, than they will lose by dropping mask protocols.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It will all boil down to whether the ports of call will require fully vaccinated for all of those who are eligible in order to dock. I think they will go as long as they can without mandating vaccinations until someone forces their hand.  The problem with this is it will be last minute and anyone who is anti vaccine until they can't board a cruise ship will not have time for the two dose fully vaccinated window. 

9 hours ago, alwaysflyin said:

I would think that Royal will not require this until at least 4/1, since it has already announced health protocols through 3/31/22 for children in that age range.

I think otherwise.  The protocols through March were announced before Omicron made its appearance. I think we will know in a few weeks where it is headed and the protocols will follow. 

• Like 2