Royal's ships 2023/24

Is it the Quantum in Sydney today?   Was in Sydney CBD for Christmas shopping including the new Lego shop & the QVB. Almost 40C and I was listening to Christmas carollers & having a Devonshire tea….

Anyways, by the  time I got to Circular Quay to catch the ferry, my phone battery had died.  So no photos of the Celebrity Edge at OPT or the Royal ship (Quantum?) moored off Taronga Zoo.  I assume Quantum was re-routed from QLD?

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Is it the Quantum in Sydney today?   Was in Sydney CBD for Christmas shopping including the new Lego shop & the QVB. Almost 40C and I was listening to Christmas carollers & having a Devonshire tea….

Anyways, by the  time I got to Circular Quay to catch the ferry, my phone battery had died.  So no photos of the Celebrity Edge at OPT or the Royal ship (Quantum?) moored off Taronga Zoo.  I assume Quantum was re-routed from QLD?

Yes, and yes.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder what the cougars are like uncle Les ?

No doubt a few of those species on board Mate, ring BIG GAV for the form, lol,

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

On 12/2/2023 at 9:26 AM, springaussie said:

Thanks Scottish  Robbie 

Also could you please see what is happening with Quantum west bound Honolulu to Singapore October 2024. It is suppose to be non revenue. 

Just saw the captain on the Promenade . He expects it to be non revenue

Edited by ScottishRobbie
  • Thanks 1

This is the Quantum of the Seas deck plan.

Interestingly nothing changes for the November 2024 dry dock.

A few weeks ago Royal made a Port Booking in Hong Kong 23 October 2014 for the run that should be non revenue Hawaii to Singapore.

So is the dry dock now after Brisbane 24/25 season now? 

IMG_3918.png

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

This is the Quantum of the Seas deck plan.

Interestingly nothing changes for the November 2024 dry dock.

A few weeks ago Royal made a Port Booking in Hong Kong 23 October 2014 for the run that should be non revenue Hawaii to Singapore.

So is the dry dock now after Brisbane 24/25 season now? 

IMG_3918.png

I believe Quantum is due for dry dock at the end of October.

Im wondering about Spectrum,China’s economy in free fall and it won’t be for very long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I believe Quantum is due for dry dock at the end of October.

Im wondering about Spectrum,China’s economy in free fall and it won’t be for very long.

Chilli this is probably the reason why the Trans Pacifics are not going on sale. 

Spectrum in China being axed completely or a much smaller window in Shanghai. 

Part of the plan probably is to swap the Quantum Class ships around. 

30 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli this is probably the reason why the Trans Pacifics are not going on sale. 

Spectrum in China being axed completely or a much smaller window in Shanghai. 

Part of the plan probably is to swap the Quantum Class ships around. 

I think the big relocations will be a thing of the past with the incoming carbon emission laws.

There’s talk of producing synthetic Ethanol or Methanol here but the technology isn’t quite ready .

It will be made from water using solar power.
That will be good for us ,ships can be converted to a diesel / Ethanol mix.

The Shanghai economy is in extremely bad condition,Spectrum will definitely go to Singapore.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

Here’s an interesting video on carbon emissions,it’s a bit old but it’s relevant to the cruise industry. And I know how environmentaly aware Royal cruisers are. LOL

Note the timeline to reduce emissions,100%  by 2050 but there’s talk of bringing it forward to 2035 !!!

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Here’s an interesting video on carbon emissions,it’s a bit old but it’s relevant to the cruise industry. And I know how environmentaly aware Royal cruisers are. LOL

Is there a test ? 

31 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Is there a test ? 

How do mean a test?

If you mean for the ship and a test of how much carbon it emits.

For cruise ships,I believe its a formula of gross tonnage and how much carbon it emits per tonne over a year but it’s divided over the company as a whole.

So ships like the L.N.G. Ships in Florida are now doing short cruises with more port days.

They don’t emit as much as say Serenade that is doing the world cruise.

Old ship doing long stretches,burning a lot of fuel ,emitting lots of carbon.

But at the moment one ship can offset another ,it’s divided across the fleet but that’s not going to last long.

Im not a greenie but this is what is happening and it’s going to effect us.

It all seems like over-thinking.

Alternate fuels may be more expensive (why they don't use them), but that will solve their problem. If mandated, it becomes more expensive for everyone, so the fares or bar prices are increased to cover the cost.

Adding an extra couple of days to the itinerary solves the problem. Spending less hours in port to allow for a reduced cruising speed also does the same. Ships averaging 22+ knots from Sydney to Noumea will no longer be an option, so an extra sea day out and an extra sea day back. If that increases your days, it increases your fare. If it decreases your # of ports, well that would be sad.

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It all seems like over-thinking.

Alternate fuels may be more expensive (why they don't use them), but that will solve their problem. If mandated, it becomes more expensive for everyone, so the fares or bar prices are increased to cover the cost.

Adding an extra couple of days to the itinerary solves the problem. Spending less hours in port to allow for a reduced cruising speed also does the same. Ships averaging 22+ knots from Sydney to Noumea will no longer be an option, so an extra sea day out and an extra sea day back. If that increases your days, it increases your fare. If it decreases your # of ports, well that would be sad.

Over thinking alright and I’m sure the bureaucrats will come up with more to think about.

34 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Over thinking alright and I’m sure the bureaucrats will come up with more to think about.

I just don't think that takes away Transpacific's or relocations in general. As long as they travel slow enough. If anything, the prices have been discounted for these types of cruises, so there is not a bucket of money like there used to be. The heavy discounting has only been because of the price of flights to or from the cruise. If that moderates, the cruise lines can make money from those crossings again.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@ScottishRobbie  I think you have been plagiarised Rob .

From what I can understand,that story is based on your photo have of that staff captain.

Maybe you might want to post it here.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 12/9/2023 at 4:26 PM, Chiliburn said:

I wonder what the cougars are like uncle Les ?

Speaking of Cougars.......... I'm older than hubby so could be classed as a cougar.🙂 On our first cruise to Port Vila, we were standing on the deck watching the ship dock. In really BIG letters on the ground at the terminal was COUGAR. Then in the marina was a yacht named (wait for it) Cougar II. Hubby reckons it was a welcoming committee for me.🤣 If nothing else we got a really good laugh out of it.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Speaking of Cougars.......... I'm older than hubby so could be classed as a cougar.🙂 On our first cruise to Port Vila, we were standing on the deck watching the ship dock. In really BIG letters on the ground at the terminal was COUGAR. Then in the marina was a yacht named (wait for it) Cougar II. Hubby reckons it was a welcoming committee for me.🤣 If nothing else we got a really good laugh out of it.

Sounds like a happy couple.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Any Australians on the 9-month Royal Carribbean world cruise that just left Miami and are blogging about it?

I'm on one mini segment.   Can't wait to get a 'selfie' of us under the UWC sign.  A 9 month cruise is way too long for me.   

• Thanks 1