Symphony - terrible / no shows / Covid ?

danielwje1

i rarely read the news but this article was on FB so yea, i clicked. 

"A new COVID-19 concern is steaming toward San Francisco -- a Princess Cruise ship filled with Bay Area travelers. And some say it's been a nightmare at sea, and they worry what passengers will be bringing ashore Thursday. "

and this is why i dont read the news. total sensationalism. it's horrible. are passengers bringing sacrificed animals back to land? what is this worry? the same thing thats on land perhaps.  it's the same thing you can catch at any public gathering, not some horrible new thing. i know we arent supposed to want a dictatorship but with respect to the news maybe one day of it to shut down all the sensational stuff and stick to the facts. i'm sure they made people in SF hide in their basements never to come out again with that article

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

"A new COVID-19 concern is steaming toward San Francisco -- a Princess Cruise ship filled with Bay Area travelers. And some say it's been a nightmare at sea, and they worry what passengers will be bringing ashore Thursday. "

and this is why i dont read the news. total sensationalism. it's horrible. are passengers bringing sacrificed animals back to land? what is this worry? the same thing thats on land perhaps.  it's the same thing you can catch at any public gathering, not some horrible new thing. i know we arent supposed to want a dictatorship but with respect to the news maybe one day of it to shut down all the sensational stuff and stick to the facts. i'm sure they made people in SF hide in their basements never to come out again with that article

Crap sells and there is plenty to go around

51 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

I give (most) people more credit than you do.  YOU know that this is BS.  So do others.  They, too, would look at this article (if they even see it) and think it hyperbolic.

25 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Apparently being a captain, based on this situation.

I guess it's cc, but critiquing a Captain for assisting in day-to-day responsibilities of keeping his/her ship going?  C'mon man...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

Unfortunately bland news doesn't sell as well as sensationalism.  Headlines are devised to entice the reader - thus what some call clickbait. 

NCL has cancelled many cruises -- some until April / May so it wouldn't surprise me if more cruise lines follow -- especially Princess since the negative publicity associated with the Diamond Princess off the coast of Japan during the onset of the pandemic back in March of 2020. 

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

I guess it's cc, but critiquing a Captain for assisting in day-to-day responsibilities of keeping his/her ship going?  C'mon man...

This was during the shutdown, I doubt that it made any difference in ship movement. A good leader delegates to other people, like room stewards, as cabins are their job. Maybe she felt none could do the job good enough. A publicity hound does it and post it on the internet.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

This was during the shutdown, I doubt that it made any difference in ship movement. A good leader delegates to other people, like room stewards, as cabins are their job. Maybe she felt none could do the job good enough. A publicity hound does it and post it on the internet.

seems that I need to replenish your half empty glass again...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

The funny thing is it all stems from a couple that decided to hide in their rooms when they found out that the production shows were canceled early in the cruise due to some of the entertainers had to quarantine due to Covid.

It wasn't even a case of them testing positive and having to quarantine, just a reaction to the news that there were a couple of cases on board.

i wonder what number of ships have zero cases, you never hear that. either there arent any or they arent reported. id think that should be front page news. emphasize the positive. .or wait..negative...hmmm which....

it's safer just to assume everyone has it if people are really that worried. 

There is a video that was uploaded to YouTube on 1/5/22 by Siegle Media

“Royal Caribbean Shuttles Covid Positive Crew to Quarantine Ship in the middle of the night”.

They have viewed this first hand as of yesterday evening and their blog was recorded at midnight and they are docked at St Martin.

They are on the Allure of the seas and are docked across from the Symphony.

So if the Symphony has nothing to hide why are they doing this in the middle of the night?

These bloggers have counted well over 100 crew members get off. They have seen multiple bus loads of crew get off the Symphony.

They will update as the film more.

Not sure what the 1/8/2022 Symphony cruise will be like.

Edited by Maitaivegas

9 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

“Royal Caribbean Shuttles Covid Positive Crew to Quarantine Ship in the middle of the night”.

They have viewed this first hand as of yesterday evening and their blog was recorded at midnight and they are docked at St Martin.

So if the Symphony has nothing to hide why are they doing this in the middle of the night?

These bloggers have counted well over 100 crew members get off. They have seen multiple bus loads of crew get off the Symphony.

Don’t think getting news from YouTube  is a good thing. 🤔 🧐 💭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chiguy67 said:

Absolutely agree, I stick with FB for my "news", so much more reliable!  Better yet, just the facts ma'am, just the facts.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, chiguy67 said:

Did you watch the video before you commented?

Its really not nice to discredit someone with out having all the info.
They video taped it, I watched the video of crew leaving in the middle of the night.

People in white Hazmat suits, buses being loaded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Absolutely agree, I stick with FB for my "news", so much more reliable!  Better yet, just the facts ma'am, just the facts.  🤣

The facts are in the video. Hazmat suits and people with suitcases leaving in the middle of the night says it all.

Im not sure if the person above is familiar with YouTube videos .

1 minute ago, Maitaivegas said:

Watch the video, that person obviously didn’t watch the video before posting a response 

Thanks, but I will pass, edit feature is way to easy to use on social media.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

i wonder what number of ships have zero cases, you never hear that. either there arent any or they arent reported. id think that should be front page news. emphasize the positive. .or wait..negative...hmmm which....

it's safer just to assume everyone has it if people are really that worried. 

Every revenue cruise ship sailing right now has COVID cases.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/every-u-s-cruise-ship-with-passengers-has-reported-covid-19-cases

Edited by bajathree

31 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

The facts are in the video. Hazmat suits and people with suitcases leaving in the middle of the night says it all.

Im not sure if the person above is familiar with YouTube videos .

It's called DRAMA.  I believe the cruise lines are trying to show how "super" serious they are taking this. Of course there intended audience is out on their balcony at midnight "reporting" it on social media. In real life, like in our day-to-day jobs, you know where we go to work, not on a luxury vacation, people are getting COVID and sometimes come to work with it.  In my position, I have had to send quite a few staff home and I have never shown up to their office/workstation in a darn hazmat suit, I simply don my mask and go speak with them.  Further, we have never sent them home in an ambulance.  They either by choice take the subway, where social distance can be had, a taxi if it has the plexiglass divider or a family member comes to pick them up.  For some reason I feel no need to video it or post it on YouTube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

interesting comments from you on a Captain just pitching in and helping out.  Besides, she got her steps in.

Me thinks you should not book the new Celebrity Beyond because that is the ship she is heading to as the NEW Captain.

Then again, RCG must like it when captains leave their egos checked and just help out when ever needed especially with an empty ship.    

When I hear the term delegate, I think of hmmm "what can I shove off to others what I do not want to do myself"

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Exactly why I don't watch CNN 

The Fear, Outrage and Xenophobia network is no better. If being controversial is the only way to stay releveant then it isn't news. The sad part is that I have to change my VPN several times (to various countries) to get actual information. There are agendas everywhere. Many people don't realize they live in a bubble, especially those who think they "know the real truth". 

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

interesting comments from you on a Captain just pitching in and helping out.  Besides, she got her steps in.

Me thinks you should not book the new Celebrity Beyond because that is the ship she is heading to as the NEW Captain.

Then again, RCG must like it when captains leave their egos checked and just help out when ever needed especially with an empty ship.    

When I hear the term delegate, I think of hmmm "what can I shove off to others what I do not want to do myself"

I don’t know what the staffing levels were during the shutdown, but I doubt very seriously that it was so low that the captain would have to go around flushing toilets and running water through the faucets in the empty cabins. 

Apparently you’ve never been a supervisor, a big part of their job is to make sure the work gets done by the right person. You also must think that the chore in question was part of the captains job as you stated “What can I shove off to others what I do not want to do myself.”

4 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Middle of night is good, less chance of interacting with passengers 

• Like 2