Anthem NYE - Live

alexgtp

Ok to be transparent.

Capt announced St Thomas denied ship entry to port. We are at 1.3% crew positive. We will now go to St Marteen tomorrow and St Kitts the following day.  Crew to be moved to quarantine ship at St Marteen. 

Only positive is I have never been to St Kitts. So I might actually get off this ship this trip 

Any suggestions for St Kitts?

Beaches shopping local breweries?

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

If you would like a local island beach/bar, try the Shipwreck Bar at South Friars.

Plan on going there twice on our B2B.  It won't be crowded with cruisers on ship excursion.

Edited by hancock
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Ok to be transparent.

Capt announced St Thomas denied ship entry to port. We are at 1.3% crew positive. We will now go to St Marteen tomorrow and St Kitts the following day.  Crew to be moved to quarantine ship at St Marteen. 

Only positive is I have never been to St Kitts. So I might actually get off this ship this trip 

I would choose St. Kitts over St. Thomas. Mainly because it's a common stop on many Caribbean itineraries. I like to mix it up a bit. Was there a couple weeks ago on a cruise and it was fine. But, if we would have missed it, no problem at all for me.  Enjoy getting to experience a different island. 😁

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Ok to be transparent.

If you want a nice relaxing beach day Carambola beach club is an excellent place to visit.  Nice outdoor restaurant, area to swim with separate area to snorkel, waiters that serve beer or cocktails to you lounge chairs, clean restrooms with showers and changing facilities.  Nice scenic drive to the beach.

You should be able to get a taxi at port to the beach club for very reasonable price and let them know when to pick you up and they will be there.

The shipwreck bar down the block from carambola is suppose to be nice too, I have never been there to confirm.

If you want to do a bus tour then look for Thenford Grey tours they are the best!   

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Ok to be transparent.

We usually swim with dolphins when we go. My only tip is to watch the guys with the green monkeys. With covid not sure if they will be at the port but they are very pushy with getting you to pay for taking a picture with the monkey on your shoulder. 

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

If I haven't booked an ocean-going excursion (sail snorkel, scuba), I usually walk up to St George's Anglican Church and hope for someone sitting at the organ.  Then I wander over to Independence Square for local street market and history.  

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Ok to be transparent.

We love Carabola Beach Club.  Cab it an they have a really nice restaurant also.

We did pay 5.00 each way but that was 5 years ago.  The beach chari and umbrellas was 50.00 for both but they are nice cushion chairs.  Really upscale.  Food is good but expensive  so bring some extra $ for lunch.  Go as early as you can it fills up fast.  The rest rooms were always clean and I think go back to the ship we took a water taxi, it was a little more.

There lots of taxi truck/van to the beaches available right at the beginning of the port area. We didn’t have a particular beach in mind happened to get a van to “the beach” that turned out to be Reggae Beach Club. Chair and umbrellas several under trees, bar service on beach, and a grill. Beach is nice with minimal drop off, not at all rocky (a risk at some other beaches). IIRC $10 pp ow taxi and $20 for two lounges and umbrella.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:55 PM, alexgtp said:

For those wondering about streaming to your TV.

TV is Samsung. A universal Samsung remote, HDMI cable is all you need to stream your laptop to TV via HDMI cable. TV also has option to "CAST".

Cheapo version of remote works well:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DU67QZM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

10 FT HDMI cable very portable slim and easy to wind for portability.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RKJKJGC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Remote pairs automatically. Press power and your all set. To get to other sources just hit SOURCE button on remote and select your source.

There is a youtube video someone posted if you need in depth instructions.

Yes I will be streaming NFL redzone Sunday.. Lot's of stuff on the line!  🙂

Thanks for this good information. I went to buy the remote link that you posted is unavailable. Can you recommend a different remote on Amazon? Thank you for the help.

Thanks for all the suggestions. And for keeping this thread positive.

Once again High Voltage went ham..they jammed some great tunes. When I'm back home I am going to post some videos from this trip 😁😊.

• Like 1

With the new itinerary. We are hauling aZz.. The boat is at warp 9.

It's the The little Boat that could .

We are shaking and rolling something fierce. Being Aft we are feeling it all.

I'm am going to sleep like a baby tonight .

PXL_20220104_044757306.thumb.jpg.c8905b78377d2f51c911cedf56ff1c08.jpgPXL_20220104_044743960.thumb.jpg.3ae7ba8bdeb13606aeb6eae5ab483106.jpg

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sharonlacey said:

We love Carabola Beach Club.  Cab it an they have a really nice restaurant also.

Another place is the Marriott Beach Resort. When I went they charged $30/person. Google it. Great place

8 hours ago, Nick67 said:

Another place is the Marriott Beach Resort. When I went they charged $30/person. Google it. Great place

From my understanding, they aren't allowing day passes right now due to covid unless I'm wrong. 

For those with T-Mobile unlimited plans here is info.

Connected currently to Chippie network. TMobile currently thinks I am in Guadalupe and now in Curacao.

Once my GPS updates location I should receive text from TMobile with correct info and connect to a Caribbean cell network.

Screenshot_20220104-094702.thumb.png.885f75649c8ccb20daff0d5bcffff9cb.pngScreenshot_20220104-094714.thumb.png.103e4dd14f9d76628465d8109f1d28a1.png

Screenshot_20220104-093928.thumb.png.c0d5c4c8ff11dc9893b3aed8ac8b6fea.pngScreenshot_20220104-095028.thumb.png.165a4286780811260f23fc1725f53963.png