Anthem NYE - Live

alexgtp

9 minutes ago, DevonfromAcme said:

That is SO ODD.  I cannot figure out for the life of me what St. Kitts is doing in the last couple of weeks.

I have made it a casual hobby over the last few weeks to track which ports are kicking which ships.  St. Kitts originally started by kicking all the ships the other small ports were, for 1% or higher Covid positives on board.

In the last few days, though, St. Thomas has been kicking ships left and right, and St. Kitts has been taking them in.  Now St. Kitts is back to kicking ships again.  They are all over the place recently.

Appreciate you keeping an eye on this. Leaving on Sunday on Anthem and pretty much planning to lose St Kitts. Hope I'm wrong or they find somewhere else to put us.

5 minutes ago, aphrodite6528 said:

Appreciate you keeping an eye on this. Leaving on Sunday on Anthem and pretty much planning to lose St Kitts. Hope I'm wrong or they find somewhere else to put us.

This your itinerary?

image.png.e5d8012f47f4e5a1ca46385750c78204.png

You're not going to San Juan, but you probably already knew that.  PR has instituted across the board Covid testing requirements with no exceptions for cruise ship passengers, and the cruise lines cannot meet them.

You'll make St Maarten.  They haven't kicked a ship since the Allure like three sailings ago when this whole mess started, and they've got the Rhapsody just off the dock as an RCI quarantine ship.

St. Kitts as I've already said is a total mystery.  They appear to have changed course at least twice in the last ten days regarding what ships they are kicking or not.

Barbados has been pretty quiet-- not many stories about them kicking ships, though they did kick the Oceania Riviera about a week ago, which I took note of because it was the first luxury small ship I'd heard about that had been kicked.

Antigua had BEEN following the 1% rule, but it's now interesting that they are not kicking the Anthem on its current sailing but St. Kitts is.  Not sure what's going on there.

Sorry, but it seems like much about cruising these days, your itinerary (other than St. Maarten) is a bit of a crapshoot.  I'll be curious what they substitute for PR, though.  Thus far it's been either a reroute to Puerto Plata, an extra day in St. Maarten, or a sea day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, DevonfromAcme said:

Depends on the island.  Right now, according to the RCI app, the only islands that are still requiring RCI-booked port excursions if you want to get off the ship are St. Lucia and Barbados (St. Kitts WAS on there, but the requirement was lifted around a month ago, long before this Omicron mess started).

Barbados if you are vaccinated you can take government approved excursion as well as the ship excursions.

1 hour ago, aphrodite6528 said:

I hope we don't lose it as I love carambola beach club.    If we do lose I sure hope they do replace.

Question for anyone on board.     How is the MDR been for spacing of tables with this sailing have approx 50% capacity?     Is everyone still ontop of each other or is there plenty of tables spaced out.   I always have disliked sitting 3" away from the next table and hoping they are spaced out better or maybe we should go to the unvax MDR ???

Antigua you were free to do as you please. We took a bus to. A couple beaches. They do enforce mask at all times in bus, port area and restaurants. On the beach you were free to wear a mask or not.

If you are with unvaxxed kids, you are required to use and RCL excursion.

Same went for St Maarten. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Antigua you were free to do as you please. We took a bus to. A couple beaches. They do enforce mask at all times in bus, port area and restaurants. On the beach you were free to wear a mask or not.

If you are with unvaxxed kids, you are required to use and RCL excursion.

Same went for St Maarten. 

They require use of a mask while outside?

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Question for anyone on board.     How is the MDR been for spacing of tables with this sailing have approx 50% capacity?     Is everyone still ontop of each other or is there plenty of tables spaced out.   I always have disliked sitting 3" away from the next table and hoping they are spaced out better or maybe we should go to the unvax MDR ???

Depends. When they can, they seat at every other table, but not always. The other night, we were seated at a table two feet from another table which was full as well. It can be hit and miss in our experience.

I'll note we have MyTime dining -- and had to delay our reservation because of a late excursion and sat away from what had been our normal table. That may have been an issue.

Edited by mmcgann11

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hadn't been considering that...on the previous cruises, we used the port to get relief from the stinkin mask.  Back on the fence we go (and leaning toward cash refund)....ugh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In port yes. But once you pass check temp area you can do what you feel comfortable doing  but if you go into any establishment you do a  temp check and you must mask up .

Edited by alexgtp

2 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Currently ..can't imagine this ship at full capacity on a sea day.

The extra folks trying to get a spot reach the same conclusion and move on - it likely won't get any more crowded.

Biker, who thinks some folks don't realize that for some venues it doesn't matter if 2,000 or 4,000 are on board - once full, it's full and it can get that way with just 2,000 on board.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Cruise Compass Day 7.

Sorry for the delay on.posting this early. Late night for us last night. At solarium for past 3 hours lost track of time 

Never ever apologize for enjoying your cruise!  🙂 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Love the Solarium, but not sure I want to lay there and chill with a mask on for several hours.

Agreed, it can get a little uncomfortable with not much air moving and warm and muggy for sure when the sun is fully out even without a mask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

Love the Solarium, but not sure I want to lay there and chill with a mask on for several hours.

Isn't the solarium considered as ourside? If not then I would have to find a new location. Is its designation ship class specific?

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

Solarium is now packed. We have been here past 3.5 hours.

[snipped photos]

Currently ..can't imagine this ship at full capacity on a sea day.

So is it full full with actual bodies or full of “reserved” seats?

On the 12/12 cruise the pools and hot tubs were limited capacity and it was enforced. Is that still the case?

Just now, CPT Trips said:

So is it full full with actual bodies or full of “reserved” seats?

On the 12/12 cruise the pools and hot tubs were limited capacity and it was enforced. Is that still the case?

Should be !

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Hmmm, emptied Solarium, was that at port??

Also I thought Anthem had a retractable roof 

at the Solarium.

I don't see too many chair hogs on this one.   ;0)

I love that!

Not the Solarium, but they have an indoor pool that has a retractable roof.