In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

18 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I wonder if they’ll cancel the next cruise ( we are supposed to be on Sunday ( fly Saturday)

Someone posted on social:media n email from Celeb saying the next Equinox boarding,?tomorrow? was going to be delayed for extra cleaning. Everyone to arrive 2 1/2 hours later than scheduled, boarding starting about 1 pm.

20 minutes ago, like2cruise said:

I am so sorry to hear this happened.  I am so glad you got put in a room with a balcony for fresh air and  can just drive home.  What "top 4" symptoms do you have?  I am just curious if the Omicron are the same symptoms as Delta...especially the loss of smell and/or taste.  Did they have a back way that they transported you to your room?  Any information about how and when you will be removed from the ship? How many others are nearby for quarantine if you can tell?  Did they interview you to determine when and how you were exposed and to try and do contact tracing?  

Headache, fever, body aches, tiredness, runny nose. Dry cough and slight sore throat have started mostly from drainage.  No loss of smell or taste for me. 

Yes, we entered one of the Crew Only doors on our floor and took elevators down to Medical. There were people stationed at each turn and elevators were blocked off for my transport. On the way from Medical, a ghostbuster followed us to the room fogging the whole way. 

Word is that we will be the last off the ship around 10am. 

No one that we know was quarantined. I gave them the names of two people we were in close contact with (taxi tour around an island), but they probably won’t get to them before we’re back. 

They scanned a Royal QR code that asked a lot of questions, but it’s so vague that they’d have a hard time tracing anything back from it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

How crowded is the ship? Was anyone in the theater distancing? Are there unvaccinated children on board? I hope you aren’t coughing too badly. 

I believe they said there was 2100 on board, but not positive. 

No distancing really anywhere. It was like pre-COVID. 

There are some children on board. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, D C said:

How far into the cruise are you? 

Did they do a rapid or pcr test, or both? 

Day 11. We’re back in Lauderdale Monday morning. 

Rapid. Only took about 5-6 hours to get results, lol. How’s that for rapid?  

seriously though, it was a rapid text, I think they’re so overwhelmed though that it took hours. 

I’m so sorry. It sounds like you played by the rules but the rules didn’t work. I hope you feel better soon and have a safe uneventful trip home. We really don’t know what to do. Our kids are giving us grief for even thinking of sailing. We’d have to fly home. I wonder what Celebrity does in that case.

33 minutes ago, New_To_Brockville said:

Unfortunately a bad situation, however it seems you are handling it quite well .  Any idea if you will stay on the ship or be off at the next port.

Only because it’s almost over. No more ports since Nassau denied us. Next stop is Lauderdale. Nassau wasn’t on the itinerary anyway. It was just a replacement since we missed one of the other stops. 

We’ve met others who’s spouse has been in quarantine for 5, 6 days.  That would suck. 

Thanks for taking the time to post.   It is really informative and you are answering so many of the questions that I've seen posted. 

Hope you recover soon and I guess this will be one cruise you will never forget.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for taking the time to post.   It is really informative and you are answering so many of the questions that I've seen posted. 

Hope you recover soon and I guess this will be one cruise you will never forget.   

Glad to answer what I can. As I said…..bored. So bored that I have Jungle Cruise on in the background.  I also want to let others know what’s going on.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Deets said:

If your wife said she wanted to be quarantined with you (even though she is negative), would Celebrity let her quarantine with you?

Apparently so. That’s what my neighbors are doing. She said they were only tested due to contact tracing. Neither had or have symptoms. She tested positive and he didn’t. They decided to stay together. 

We would have preferred to do that, but she is supposed to visit her elderly mother in a week or so, so we’re trying to keep her negative.  I have elderly folks too (90’s), so I guess I won’t see them for a bit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Parkerson said:

Felt a little off on the night of the 30th when we went to bed. Woke up yesterday morning feeling like I did a day after my second Covid shot (and the same after the booster). 

Called Med Services and they came to the room to test me.  I was positive and my wife was negative. 

Lots of delays until I was put in quarantine today.  I’m in a deck 6 balcony room and just met my covid-y neighbors. My wife stayed in our room in hopes of not being positive for our return home (driving, luckily). 

as Morpheus has said, we just were denied entry to Nassau. 

Seems that they are trying to make it as best as possible. Gave us internet and movie channels. We can order anything from any menu, not just the basic room service menu. 

I’ve got the drink package and they’ve brought anything I’ve asked for so far. As thinking of pushing it and asking for an Old Fashioned from the World Class Bar, but it won’t taste very good in a paper cup. 

Sorry this has happened to you.  Hope you recover well.

Did your wife stay negative?

If you are driving hoe, any concern that she will turn positive during that exposure?  I'm not sure what alternative you have, though!

- Joel

56 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Someone posted on social:media n email from Celeb saying the next Equinox boarding,?tomorrow? was going to be delayed for extra cleaning. Everyone to arrive 2 1/2 hours later than scheduled, boarding starting about 1 pm.

The next sailing is Jan 3 and yes I received that email however I elected to cancel the cruise earlier in the week for obvious reasons.  I am disappointed however the whole thing with flying with Covid everywhere plus 2 of 3 ports changed just made it not enjoyable.

Edited by snowbird1

Thanks for keeping us updated ! Sorry it happened to you tho. So I assume they let you pack everything you needed ? We will be onboard the 21st . I assume the ship will sail !  So glad to hear you are in a balcony room. I would go crazy even with a porthole ! 

1 hour ago, Barb1403 said:

I am also in isolation on the Equinox.  My husband was also tested and he was negative.  I had a slight cough and nothing else.  I have been here since late on 1/30.  There must be a lot of people using room service as it takes forever to get through.  I also have a balcony room.  We did wear masks unless we were eating or drinking.  I am hoping I get more information regarding disembarkation tomorrow.  Luckily we also drove but we were supposed to transfer to the Apex for another 12 days of cruising, but I canceled those cruises yesterday.

Since 1/30 did you mean 12/30 or 1:30?  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, coldweather said:

Thanks for sharing your story. Have they discussed plans for when you get back to Florida?  Do you need to quarantine?  Did you drive or fly?  I wish you a speedy and full recovery. 

Only that those quarantined will disembark last. 

We drove, so that helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cl.klink said:

Sorry this has happened to you.  Hope you recover well.

Did your wife stay negative?

If you are driving hoe, any concern that she will turn positive during that exposure?  I'm not sure what alternative you have, though!

- Joel

She was still negative today after two tests. We are concerned that her status could change, so hoping for the best. 

We’ll just double mask on our 5 hour drive.  Not much else we can do. 

Thanks for the well wishes. 

6 minutes ago, Beth_55 said:

Thanks for keeping us updated ! Sorry it happened to you tho. So I assume they let you pack everything you needed ? We will be onboard the 21st . I assume the ship will sail !  So glad to hear you are in a balcony room. I would go crazy even with a porthole ! 

They did let me pack. It’s really been a bit of a cluster though. 

They specifically told me to leave my packed bags in the room (other than a back pack) and that they would bring them to my room after my medical eval. 

After a few hours, I called to ask when they would arrive and was told tomorrow morning.  Needless to say, that was an unacceptable answer and I asked for a supervisor. She didn’t hesitate to call housekeeping and have them delivered immediately.  

There have been several speed bumps like that, but they are trying.  As I said before…..I think they’re overwhelmed and didn’t have a good plan in place for what happened. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Where on Deck 6 are you? We are supposed to be in 6158 for a B2B 1/9 through 1/30. Surprised to hear that is a quarantine deck also non-Covid guests.

So….here is what I saw as I was being taken to the room (looking at the deck plan for reference). 

The run of 6240 to 6302 is where I’m at. The plastic on the floor started at the bend at 6240 and ran that whole stretch to the aft. 

We took the crew elevators near the front and then walked the entire hall starting around 6156+-.  Almost all of the rooms along that hall had the doors propped open and were cleaned (as if they were passenger ready). 

When I arrived at my room, the door was propped open as well. I am only presuming, but my thought was that those were the rooms for the next people to be quarantined. Again….my presumption. 

Yesterday, during the chaos and delay of moving, they said they were waiting on rooms to become available. I feel like they’ve been moving people from 6 up to other floors to clear 6 for COVID. I saw quite a bit of luggage in the crew elevator area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2