Anyone currently on the Reflection?

Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, ev8876 said:

We boarded the Reflection yesterday.  We have 816 passengers on board according to the hotel director.  The ship feels like a ghost town.  Fixed late dining switched to open select dining.  No reservations needed.  

We are also supposed to be on Feb 5 with Ken, countess and I don’t know who all else.

Have you done any specialty dining? We have a multi-night package and would like to remain reasonably flexible.

11 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We are also supposed to be on Feb 5 with Ken, countess and I don’t know who all else.

Have you done any specialty dining? We have a multi-night package and would like to remain reasonably flexible.

We'll be with you 🙂

DH and I scheduled for 1/19/2022 and would love to know how it is going on the 1/12/2022 sailing? Shows? 8:30 dinner attendance? We love large tables to meet people but assume that is not happening. Good things/disappointing things?

To our fellow 1/19/2022 passengers has anyone heard rumblings about itinerary changes? Honestly would probably not change anything for us as we are just anxious to cruise and love the Reflection. But would like to know anyway. 

15 minutes ago, cruisefan11111 said:

DH and I scheduled for 1/19/2022 and would love to know how it is going on the 1/12/2022 sailing? Shows? 8:30 dinner attendance? We love large tables to meet people but assume that is not happening. Good things/disappointing things?

To our fellow 1/19/2022 passengers has anyone heard rumblings about itinerary changes? Honestly would probably not change anything for us as we are just anxious to cruise and love the Reflection. But would like to know anyway. 

I’ll be sailing with you on 1/19…so far the info on the app shows the original itinerary.  So far; so good!
See you Wednesday 😎

On 1/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, phoenix_dream said:

We sailed Reflection a few weeks ago.  Had a great time.  Shows and entertainment were typical of any Celebrity cruise we have sailed in the past few years.  The ship is in great shape.  We were in a sky suite and other than missing a Retreat Deck we were very pleased with our cabin and the whole experience (in fact, we liked the cabin better than the one on Apex we had sailed in the week before).

Our cruise had about 1200 passengers so it was lively enough, but not crowded anywhere.  Overall quality of the food and the service were as good or better than any pre-Covid cruises.  All venues were open the usual times.  There were two shows each night, other than the first night when there was only one.  

Yes, there were a number of on-demand movies.  I am not sure of the selection of paid movies, but the selection for free was very, very limited.  

Great to hear!  We are scheduled for March 12.  Hope still good on the ship!  We are also in a suite and looking foward to enjoying all perks.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, cruisefan11111 said:

Good morning,

We are currently on the Reflection and enjoying it very much.

To answer a few of your questions:

There are shows every night at 9:00 p.m. 

A few of the entertainers:

Pianist - Hyperion Knight

Solo singer - Chris Burke

Quartet - Boy Band Evolution

Magician/Comedian - Madness/Mayhem (and yes, it was both, but funny and clever)

Solo Singer - Savannah Smith

As far as large dining tables - we are in Blu, which is very lightly attended, but we have seen a number of large groups in the Oceanview, so management is not discouraging it.  It will depend on whether other guests are comfortable  with dining (masks off) with strangers.

Good things:  Service levels are wonderful, ship is in very good condition, food has been amazing.

Disappointing:  We were not permitted to dock in St. Thomas due to local regulations.  Captain Nikolous made an announcement the evening before and we had an additional sea day.   it was not a big deal for us, and we did not hear any griping.  All in all, I think guests understand the environment we are living in and are just happy to be able to cruise.

For those who are concerned about cruising during Omicron, mask compliance has been excellent, cleaning and sanitizing has been constant.  We have felt very safe.  

Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

After this East Coast storm yesterday we are ready to board, but have to wait 3 weeks!! 😩😂

Was supposed to be on Silhouette this week but moved it to March, so my bad and will have to wait. 

We cruised on Edge in September and X did an outstanding job on protocols, this Omicron is just a bit more contagious than Delta when we sailed. 

Continue enjoying! 

Cheers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twoflyers said:

Good morning,

As far as large dining tables - we are in Blu, which is very lightly attended, but we have seen a number of large groups in the Oceanview, so management is not discouraging it.  It will depend on whether other guests are comfortable  with dining (masks off) with strangers.

Good things:  Service levels are wonderful, ship is in very good condition, food has been amazing.

Disappointing:  We were not permitted to dock in St. Thomas due to local regulations.  Captain Nikolous made an announcement the evening before and we had an additional sea day.   it was not a big deal for us, and we did not hear any griping.  All in all, I think guests understand the environment we are living in and are just happy to be able to cruise.

For those who are concerned about cruising during Omicron, mask compliance has been excellent, cleaning and sanitizing has been constant.  We have felt very safe.  

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you so much for your update! Very encouraging. We got our tests out of the way this morning and on our way south from SC!! Round of golf tomorrow at PGA National then hopping on board the Reflection on Wednesday! Glad your cruise has gone well and safe travels after.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, jelayne said:

We will also be on the 2/5 sailing 🤞in a CS.  We have never been a fan of Michael’s Club/Retreat Lounge on the  S class they feel dark and dungeon like, so unlikely we will be in there unless we need the Retreat Concierge.  
We are booked on the 2/14  Silhouette after we disembark the Reflection on the 12th.  We have reservations in Hollywood Beach for the 2nights in between but at this point staying beyond the 2/5 sailing seems possibly pushing our luck.  We will give it a couple of weeks before we decide. 

Any chance that's at the Marriott?  If so, they've changed significantly since pre-Covid. It used to be our go-to down there, but there is no longer valet parking and when I called down in the morning last month for room service breakfast I was told they'll have it packaged ready for me to pick up in 20 minutes. No thanks! Sadly, the place is off our list - to the extent that we just decided to make the drive down next month for the Reflection same day (from Pt. Canaveral area).

Tom

7 hours ago, twoflyers said:

Good morning,

Enjoy your cruise!!

May I ask who the Hotel Director, Head of Food and Beverage and Cruise director are?  Thank you in advance.  Safe sails to all!

On 1/13/2022 at 2:29 PM, ev8876 said:

We boarded the Reflection yesterday.  We have 816 passengers on board according to the hotel director.  The ship feels like a ghost town.  Fixed late dining switched to open select dining.  No reservations needed.  

That's an amazing staff:guest ratio !!

Tom

7 hours ago, twoflyers said:

Good morning,

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you for your information. DW and I are also boarding in 2 days with our cruising travel couple ( look for our matching sky blue t-shirts on Wednesday !) . Are there shows at 7pm as well as at 9pm ?

We are also on the Reflection now (January 12 sailing).  Hotel Director is John Flynn.  He is out and about always and interacting with guests frequently. Definitely aiming to please.  Cruise Director is Steve Gayda.  Head of Food and Beverage is Orlando Rosa.  Star of the week is Captain Nick.  He is out and about all the time. Provides regular updates.  Always engaging with passengers.  Always asking what they can do for people.  I’ve never had a captain that’s been so out front with all the passengers.  As of his announcement yesterday morning there were no Covid positive passengers on the ship so far this week.  And todays the last day so I’d say a very successful week!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1