Covid tests

dw64

10 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

I ordered six tests through Emed this week for our cruises in February and March.  Cost for six was $150 (Kaiser reimburses) plus a $30 shipping cost.  Got my tests within 48 hours.

Thought about Optum but stuck with Emed.  Had ordered six tests in October and used all tests on our previous cruises.

One box per user / cruise?  Or, two boxes per user / cruise?  Looking for specific clarificaiton.  TIA!

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

As I understand it, one pack of two can be used for two different people but each person needs to set up a separate account to get the results.  (Each needs their own e-mail address to do this) Only one sample is needed.

If you make a mistake on one of the two tests, then you'll only be able to get a test done for one person.  They also have a 3 pack for $99 or you could order two 2-packs if you're nervous.

Here's a YouTube video showing the tests actually being done and the guy taking the test makes a mistake on the first try so he needs to use the second test in his pack.

I am nervous, but the port is always a backup.  Thanks!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We were planning to order Optum tests as well. Princess please place order within 2 weeks of sailing. We sail 2/8, but the mail delivery has been so spotty.  It seems you ordered yours in advance of the 2 weeks prior to sail date - any issues with that?  I would prefer to order mine now (4 weeks ahead) to be safe.  Thank you and Happy Sailing!

I ordered the kits from Optum on Saturday January 1.  Since FedEx doesn't pick up on weekends, the package went into FedEx's hands the morning of Monday the 3rd.  It was supposed to arrive here last night, but the package got hung up at FedEx's hub in Memphis for a day and a half.  I just checked and the kits have arrived at my local hub and I expect that I'll have them later today.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dweidensaul said:

Curious what you were able to find out?

I have similar concern.  We paid $70 for a 2-pack.  Is that enough for two people to test, or does each person have to pay $70 and test two samples each?

The tests can be used by anyone regardless of who ordered them.  The additional person/people will need to create their own Navica accounts.  Start by downloading the app from the "app store" and follow the prompts.  We bought additional tests in case we mess up on one (drop something?  etc.)

26 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

We bought 2 two packs yesterday at Walmart for $14.00. Today they are $19.00. They are now out of stock. The date is gone till November.

Are those ones that include the medical "proctored" (witnessed) testing?  A self test not medically observed & documented does not satisfy the CDC/Cruiseline pre-testing requirement. 

1 hour ago, MishelleMcc said:

Are those ones that include the medical "proctored" (witnessed) testing?  A self test not medically observed & documented does not satisfy the CDC/Cruiseline pre-testing requirement. 

They need to say RX on the lower left of the box.  The others that are not approved by the CDC for Cruiseline testing  say OTC.

Make sure that they say RX only on them. And have them medically proctored. (witnessed)   Google some youtube videos on how to use them prior to use to minimize any mistakes.

Test pic.jpg

Edited by dweeb
spelling
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I ordered tests from Optum, and their confirmation e-mail said I would have them by " end of day" today.  11 PM now and Fed Ex tracking shows they are still stuck in Memphis as of 7AM today.  I'm glad I ordered them when I did - I don't need them until January 24th...

2 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We were planning to order Optum tests as well. Princess please place order within 2 weeks of sailing. We sail 2/8, but the mail delivery has been so spotty.  It seems you ordered yours in advance of the 2 weeks prior to sail date - any issues with that?  I would prefer to order mine now (4 weeks ahead) to be safe.  Thank you and Happy Sailing!

Woo Hoo!  My kits arrived about 20 minutes ago!  Noon local time.  They were shipped on Monday and arrived on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this.  My BF is having issues trying to book an appointment.  I have ordered two from the Princess website link today and they are supposed to be here by tomorrow (January 6th or 7th)

I like to have options.  We are leaving on January 15th.  I get tested from my work (public school district) weekly so I should be fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Woo Hoo!  My kits arrived about 20 minutes ago!  Noon local time.  They were shipped on Monday and arrived on Wednesday.

Just ordered mine!  Assume you make the 'telehealth' appointment 1-2 days before setting sail? I think I leave about two weeks after you - so all info is welcome!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Just ordered mine!  Assume you make the 'telehealth' appointment 1-2 days before setting sail? I think I leave about two weeks after you - so all info is welcome!

No appointment is needed. Once you setup your account, follow the prompts on the app, and you will be immediately connected with a person who will "medically observe" the testing process. They will walk you through it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Good to know. I think we are on the same cruise. I forgot all about pre-ordering and am doing so now, so hopefully mine will arrive fast as well. 

Thanks. 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Techwizardress said:

Thanks for posting this.  My BF is having issues trying to book an appointment.  I have ordered two from the Princess website link today and they are supposed to be here by tomorrow (January 6th or 7th)

I like to have options.  We are leaving on January 15th.  I get tested from my work (public school district) weekly so I should be fine.

We used the Binax tests for our November cruise and they worked great. I loved being able to test at home and not have to scramble to find a testing site. Going to use them again for our April cruise. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dweidensaul said:

One box per user / cruise?  Or, two boxes per user / cruise?  Looking for specific clarificaiton.  TIA!

One test per user. There are 3 of us and we have been using the box of 6 tests for the 3 of us. 

Appreciate all the helpful info here and everyone’s experiences. Our cruise isn’t until Feb 26, but we leave Feb 12 for a wedding in Colorado. Here in Hawaii we notoriously have slow shipping and it’s hit/miss so I ordered ours yesterday! (I’m a nervous planner type) -Amanda

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dweidensaul said:

Curious what you were able to find out?

I have similar concern.  We paid $70 for a 2-pack.  Is that enough for two people to test, or does each person have to pay $70 and test two samples each?

As stated above, you need to order the ones with Rx, not OTC.  They are $69 for a 2 pack.  If you’re only paying $19, it’s likely the OTC type that you’ve purchased 

And if it’s my understanding that if you do the Rx type, you only need one per person, not two

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baxter68 said:

Appreciate all the helpful info here and everyone’s experiences. Our cruise isn’t until Feb 26, but we leave Feb 12 for a wedding in Colorado. Here in Hawaii we notoriously have slow shipping and it’s hit/miss so I ordered ours yesterday! (I’m a nervous planner type) -Amanda

Oh me too! FYI, I just received our newest box, and thankfully these don't expire until November 2022 

6 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We are sailing 2-12, and I ordered ours yesterday. I never got my confirmation email, but they did charge my credit card!

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

No appointment is needed. Once you setup your account, follow the prompts on the app, and you will be immediately connected with a person who will "medically observe" the testing process. They will walk you through it. 

Good to know.  I set up my account when ordering, but don't plan to take the test until 2 days before sailing as per the requirement- which is a SUNDAY (cruise leaves Tuesday).  Would you know how fast you get results, and if they are available on Sunday?  I assume I can hold onto the test and log in to my account (husband will do same) when the time comes.

2 minutes ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Good to know.  I set up my account when ordering, but don't plan to take the test until 2 days before sailing as per the requirement- which is a SUNDAY (cruise leaves Tuesday).  Would you know how fast you get results, and if they are available on Sunday?  I assume I can hold onto the test and log in to my account (husband will do same) when the time comes.

You get your results right away, even on Sunday. 

• Like 2